Kick at the Darkness (Kick at the Darkness, #1) Kick at the Darkness discussion


44 views
Reread before Fight the Tide 19th of July

Comments Showing 1-50 of 462 (462 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Chelsea This is for everyone who wants to reread Kick at the Darkness or read it for the first time before the sequel comes out in July. SQUEEEE!!!


Angela I borrowed this the first time around but I just one-clicked it and am now the proud owner of my very own copy. Count me in!


Chelsea Yay! It's well worth the purchase isn't it!!

Did you want to start next week on the 19th, that's week before the release of the sequel.


Chelsea Or we can just start it now :-P


Angela I need to finish up Widdershins but I could probably start Kick later tomorrow or Wednesday. I'm really pretty open to whenever everyone wants to start.


Josy I would read it with you all :) I have to / need to / want to finish some books this week, though. So next week would be okay for me.


Chelsea Do you mind waiting until next week Angela?


dammit, liz I'm cool with whenever y'all want to read. Yay! It's been long enough that I'm ready for a refresher on this one. I loved these guys :)


*Bohemian* I'm in :)


Alicia I'm in whenever u guys want to start :-)


Angela Chelsea wrote: "Do you mind waiting until next week Angela?"

Perfect!


dammit, liz I'm pretty psyched about revisiting this one. I'm ready for some machete wielding fun. I had only had ideas that there would be a sequel someday, and then it's all over GR that it'll be available in two weeks!

description


Christelle Hi Chelsea. As I never, I mean never, listen to my GR friends, especially Josy and Gigi, I've decided on my own free will to join this group discussion because Josy and Gigi are not at all advising me to try this genre and this series :-)
It's gonna be a first for me : but, hey, after all, a few years ago, I would never thought I would enjoyed MM !!
Count me in !


message 14: by Josy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Josy Liz wrote: "I'm pretty psyched about revisiting this one. I'm ready for some machete wielding fun. I had only had ideas that there would be a sequel someday, and then it's all over GR that it'll be available i..."

LOL! This will be my first time reading this but your gif kind of scares me!


message 15: by Josy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Josy Christelle wrote: "Hi Chelsea. As I never, I mean never, listen to my GR friends, especially Josy and Gigi, I've decided on my own free will to join this group discussion because Josy and Gigi are not at all advising..."

And there you are :) Welcome!
Uhmm... I hope you won't hate me if you don't like it. I haven't read the first one either...


dammit, liz Hi Christelle!

Josy- don't let that scare you off :) It's super fun.


message 17: by Josy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Josy Liz wrote: "Hi Christelle!

Josy- don't let that scare you off :) It's super fun."


Okay, I will take your word for it :)


Chelsea Its is so fun! Very funny and sexy as well as a touch scary ;-) I'm so excited for everyone to read this!!!!


Christelle Liz wrote: "Hi Christelle!

Josy- don't let that scare you off :) It's super fun."


Hello Liz. Looking forward to this collective BR :-)


message 20: by Josy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Josy Do we know yet when we want to start?


Chelsea I'm thinking the 19th, or thereabouts, whenever it works with your time zone :-)


message 22: by Josy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Josy Works for me, Chelsea! I will probably start around 7 PM (CEST) either on the 18th or the 19th.


Karen You all are going to have so much fun with this one. Josy, Christelle. I really do wish I could join but I have myself booked to the nines with ARCs right now but I promise I'll at least stalk your updates ;) Have fun everyone this is an awesome story. I hope you all love it.


Christelle Karen wrote: "You all are going to have so much fun with this one. Josy, Christelle. I really do wish I could join but I have myself booked to the nines with ARCs right now but I promise I'll at least stalk your..."

Thanks Karen. Too bad you can't join us : the more, the best !!
Chelsea, I realize I never answer : It's gonna tough to work out the time difference. I will start like Josy on Monday evening so it will be Tuesday morning for you, so technically, it will be the 19th ;)
Looking forward to this : soooooo not my scene, but that's what makes it thrilling !!


Karen Christelle wrote: "Karen wrote: "You all are going to have so much fun with this one. Josy, Christelle. I really do wish I could join but I have myself booked to the nines with ARCs right now but I promise I'll at le..."

Christelle, I have absolute faith that you'll love this. Seriously, I'm right there with you so not my thing but this is the exception to the rule and I looking forward to the second book...a lot.


message 26: by Josy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Josy Thanks, Karen! This will be my first zombie book. I'm already a bit scared, lol!

Christelle, I'm trying for 7 PM on Monday. But even when you start later I'm sure someone will always be around here with our different time zones and all.


message 27: by Karen (last edited Jul 16, 2016 11:31AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Karen Josy wrote: "Thanks, Karen! This will be my first zombie book. I'm already a bit scared, lol!

Christelle, I'm trying for 7 PM on Monday. But even when you start later I'm sure someone will always be around her..."



Josy, you did ICoS, seriously after that this is a walk in the park...dark, possibly zombie infested...but yeah, a walk in the park ;)

@Christelle, Who knows maybe I'll be hanging around with tissues, teddies and pics of hotties to hold your hand and see you through this ;)


message 28: by Josy (last edited Jul 16, 2016 11:37AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Josy Lol, if you say so. I will take your word for it, Karen :) You know ICoS wrecked me, though, right?

edit: I want teddies, too! I wasn't aware it would be THAT kind of book. I probably should have read the blurb, right?


dammit, liz You don't have too much to be worried about, Josey :) To me, the story felt like it had a sense of humor to the horror element. Just a touch of classic zombie movie campiness. I found it more fun and suspenseful than scary. But my tastes are pretty weird, so who knows!


message 30: by Karen (last edited Jul 16, 2016 11:57AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Karen Josy wrote: "Lol, if you say so. I will take your word for it, Karen :) You know ICoS wrecked me, though, right?

edit: I want teddies, too! I wasn't aware it would be THAT kind of book. I probably should have ..."


No it's not that kind of book, teddies are just fun so why pass up the excuse and yes, teddies for you too.

For Josy...

description

Silly little guy as soon as I said you needed a bear he grabbed his suitcase and ran off to the airport.

For Christelle, I even found someone to deliver him...

description

and just in case your bears aren't feeling well, I even found them doctors...

description


Karen Liz wrote: "You don't have too much to be worried about, Josey :) To me, the story felt like it had a sense of humor to the horror element. Just a touch of classic zombie movie campiness. I found it more fun a..."

And yes Liz has nailed it, but still you want the teddy don't you?


Angela Liz wrote: "You don't have too much to be worried about, Josey :) To me, the story felt like it had a sense of humor to the horror element. Just a touch of classic zombie movie campiness. I found it more fun a..."

I agree, this wasn't a heavy zombie book, more light-hearted with a touch of scary tossed in. But if anyone is interested in a scare-your-pants off zombie type book (not a romance) try The Passage (The Passage, #1) by Justin Cronin The Passage by Justin Cronin. The scary guys are more a cross between a zombie and a vampire, but the catalyst in that book was some government experiment gone wrong. I read it when it first came out and made the mistake of starting it when my husband was working a night shift. It scared the bejeezus out of me so badly I was up all night, left my hall light on AND my bedroom light on, and didn't even try to go to sleep until the sun was shining through my window. I was still up when my husband got home at 7:00am.

Kick at the Darkness is not that kind of zombie book (thank god).

P.S. The Passage is the first in a series (I think trilogy?) and as much as I loved it at the time (despite our increased electric bill due to added night lights), Kick at the Darkness is really more my speed!


dammit, liz @Angela- sounds fun, I might have to read that one! I love a good scare :) My favorite monster/alien/whatever has got to be the Faceless from Lisa Henry's Dark Space. They were eerie in that Battlestar Galactica kind of way. I liked how it wasn't that they were evil or bloodthirsty, they just viewed humans as kind of like insects. That's another sequel I need in my life sooooon.


Angela Liz wrote: "@Angela- sounds fun, I might have to read that one! I love a good scare :) My favorite monster/alien/whatever has got to be the Faceless from Lisa Henry's Dark Space. They were eerie in that Battle..."

Are there plans for a third Dark Space book? I would LOVE that!


Christelle Karen wrote: "Josy wrote: "Lol, if you say so. I will take your word for it, Karen :) You know ICoS wrecked me, though, right?

edit: I want teddies, too! I wasn't aware it would be THAT kind of book. I probably..."


LMAO Karen, you're a real doll. I'm gonna keep that teddy and the delivery-man very, very close to me ;) Of course, it will be just to help me fight zombies ....


dammit, liz Angela, I thought I remember reading that there were. I could be mistaken though. It sure seemed that way with the way the second book ended.


Christelle Liz wrote: "@Angela- sounds fun, I might have to read that one! I love a good scare :) My favorite monster/alien/whatever has got to be the Faceless from Lisa Henry's Dark Space. They were eerie in that Battle..."

I'm not at all in sci-fi, but I have to say I took a plunge with Dark Space and I just loved it !!


Karen Christelle wrote: "Liz wrote: "@Angela- sounds fun, I might have to read that one! I love a good scare :) My favorite monster/alien/whatever has got to be the Faceless from Lisa Henry's Dark Space. They were eerie in..."

You're talking about Dark Space (Dark Space, #1) by Lisa Henry I haven't read that one but I plan on it. I've loved anything that I've read by this author and she's an awesome person too...bonus! Have you also read this one Darker Space (Dark Space, #2) by Lisa Henry


Christelle Yes Karen, whenever you find time, you have to read Dark Space : I read it twice and loved it a lot. I struggled a bit with book 2 but that was me. And just like Liz, I'm quite sure there will be a book 3 and will read it. I'm sure you're gonna love Brady and Cam...and the Faceless !


Karen Christelle wrote: "Yes Karen, whenever you find time, you have to read Dark Space : I read it twice and loved it a lot. I struggled a bit with book 2 but that was me. And just like Liz, I'm quite sure there will be a..."

I really need to find me that reading cave...lol.


dammit, liz "Bray-dee" *shivers*

I was the same way with parts of the second book. It wasn't as suspenseful as the first, but toward the end, wow! It's definitely something non-scifi fans could enjoy. It's just good stuff. In fact, I might re-read today while I'm making myself hold off on Kick at the Darkness. This self control thing is tough.. I'm also making myself wait on some other books for the scavenger hunt. Are any of you in on that?


message 42: by Josy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Josy Okay, just to be clear, I'm only a tiny bit tipsy right now and any mistakes in my writing are solely caused by my phone, lol!

Liz, thanks for the reassurance. I think I can handle it :)

Karen, you're soooo sweet!! Your teddy just arrived and I already hold him close :) Thank you ~hugs~


Karen Josy wrote: "Okay, just to be clear, I'm only a tiny bit tipsy right now and any mistakes in my writing are solely caused by my phone, lol!

Liz, thanks for the reassurance. I think I can handle it :)

Karen, y..."


Josy wrote: "Okay, just to be clear, I'm only a tiny bit tipsy right now and any mistakes in my writing are solely caused by my phone, lol!

Liz, thanks for the reassurance. I think I can handle it :)

Karen, y..."


So glad you like him. He can keep you company until you visit and we get you the real thing ;)


message 44: by Josy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Josy I like that thought so much, Karen :) I hope I get to visit soon!


Christelle Liz wrote: ""Bray-dee" *shivers*

I was the same way with parts of the second book. It wasn't as suspenseful as the first, but toward the end, wow! It's definitely something non-scifi fans could enjoy. It's ju..."


Agree with you : the end of book 2 was great ! As for scavenger hunt, have to be honest : no idea what it means !?! ;)


dammit, liz @Christelle- It's one of the games the m/m romance group does. It's a six month long team scavenger hunt where we find a bunch of items, actions, and themes in books- and we're given 10 categories per month (like "the oldest mm book on your TBR list" or something with a specific item on the cover). I'm hesitant to read anything new that might be worth a lot of points since I've finished with my July books. It's going to be a real struggle to keep from reading Fight the Tide before the the first of the month! I failed miserably trying to wait for Wolfsong; I think I held out a day or too :D


Chelsea Liz wrote: "@Christelle- It's one of the games the m/m romance group does. It's a six month long team scavenger hunt where we find a bunch of items, actions, and themes in books- and we're given 10 categories ..."

You have to wait until the 1st? That will be hard :-/


dammit, liz Chelsea wrote: "Liz wrote: "@Christelle- It's one of the games the m/m romance group does. It's a six month long team scavenger hunt where we find a bunch of items, actions, and themes in books- and we're given 10..."

I know! There's a good chance I'll be to impatient to wait and get the points, but oh well. Way too excited about this, especially with people with ARCs starting to post about it :)


Christelle @ Liz - This scavenger hunt is an awesome idea and looks like a bunch of fun. But, yes, it would be very trying on my patience scale ;) Well, I cross my fingers for you and hope you will get a lot of points !!


Angela Have we decided about when-ish we're starting? I'm in the US, CDT, but I'm a night owl and usually do most of my reading late evening / late night. Not a big deal what time we start, I was just curious as to where in the world some people are. Not me being nosy, just me thinking how cool it is to have something like enjoying a book about two guys in love during a zombie apocalypse in common.
* ironically begins singing Kumbaya *


« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
back to top