The Lost Challenges discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives - Announcements > Meet the Mods

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Penni (last edited Jul 12, 2016 10:22AM) (new)

Penni | 1287 comments Mod
Caroline
"Hi, I'm Caroline.

I live in the UK in a falling down house in the middle of nowhere. My hubby and I are currently renovating - a seemingly never-ending task - doing most of the work ourselves, so I'm usually to be found with a hammer or paintbrush in hand. When I'm not wielding tools I'm either reading or hanging around on Goodreads!

I love challenges (taking part in them and creating them) so I'm really excited to be a part of the moderator team!
My favourite challenges are the long running ones (yearly / open ended) as I like to plod along at my own pace, but I'll take part in anything that grabs my attention.

I'm a total bookworm and will read pretty much ANYTHING. My favourite genres would probably be mystery, crime and thrillers. I also really like historical fiction, and classics, and chick-lit, and YA, and... like I said - anything!"

:} Sharon {;
My name is Sharon, I have a deep love of reading. I always remember my Mom & grandma reading as I was growing up. I used to make my mom read my my favorite story all the time: The Princess and the Pea!!! My grandma worked for the library system in the mid 70's - she used to put the little pockets on library books & type up the slips we used in the good old days to check out books!!!! She used to get me books often. My first series was the Little House books.
I joined Goodreads in 2013. My first challenge was a scavenger hunt & I was hooked. I currently have about 30-40 challenges that I am involved with. My favorites are the scavenger/word hunt ones, but I like spell it outs and some task ones. I have read books I never would have even thought to read because of challenges. I belong to 7 groups here on Goodreads, I am no expert on all the things Goodreads offers to us, but the little I have seen, well, what a great site for us book lovers!
I look forward to "meeting" everyone here. I ask that you be patient with me, as I am new as a mod & don't know what I am doing all the time!!!
Here's to many good books among friends!!!

Penni
Hi! I'm Penni, and I've been a member of this group for a number of years now. I've been an "interim" mod for a couple of years now. I don't know if I've ever introduced myself or not it's been so long so thought I would go ahead now.
I love doing challenges, but lately haven't had a lot of chance to play them. I'm hoping to get a little more time to do that soon. I enjoy many types of challenges. Here at TLC, Scattegories and The Literature Chain have been favorites of mine.
I am moderator/co-moderator of two other Goodreads groups, and members of several others. I mainly read Fantasy/Paranormal and I get most of my reading done through audiobooks. With my schedule most of my book "reading" is done while driving, watching kids practices/events, and doing chores around the house. I do get a couple of Kindle books read a month if I'm lucky in addition to my audios.
I am married, and have two girls. One is going to be starting her sophomore year at a College in Iowa. My second daughter is 9 going on 16 and starting 4th grade in the fall. I also have 2 dogs, a house, and a more than full time job in the software industry. I live in Phoenix, AZ where right now, the temps are 110 plus and as such our weather is not enviable. Come November through April that changes :-)
Glad to be a part of this group and thankful to have Sharon and Caroline join the group and help to fill Jennifer and Lizz's shoes. They are enthusiastic and have great ideas and I can't wait to see it all unfold.

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 1273 comments Welcome and thank you for being Mods!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Thank you Angie!

message 4: by Sheila (new)

Sheila (sheilaj) Looking forward to getting to know you all. Thanks for stepping up.

message 5: by Agnieszka (new)

Agnieszka (agnieszka7) | 572 comments Thank you so much for all the hard work and the fun all of you create and a warm welcome to Caroline and Sharon :-)

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Thank you both. I'm really excited to get started creating lots of new challenges and (hopefully) making lots of new friends :)

message 7: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (pokey36) | 355 comments Welcome, welcome! Thanks so much for stepping up to help out. I look forward to any and all challenges coming our way! :)

message 8: by PepperP0t (new)

PepperP0t  | 2088 comments welcome and thanks or being mods. looking forward to all you bring to the table.

message 9: by Connie N. (new)

Connie N. | 3453 comments So happy you've all been able to take on the job as mods. I know it's a lot of work, but it's definitely fun and exciting to create some fun challenges and keep things running smoothly. This is a great group, and I'm glad you've found the time to help. You have some big shoes to fill, but I know you're up for the task! Thanks again. Looking forward to getting to know you better.

message 10: by Dee (new)

Dee (phonebooklady) Welcome new guys!! Someday....I'll do a challenge or 2.

message 11: by *Dawn (last edited Jul 12, 2016 07:00AM) (new)

*Dawn (x1f4dadawnx1f4da) | 195 comments Thank you, Ladies Three, for keeping this group going strong. I'll miss the presence of both Jennifer and Liz but wish them well and also "happy reading" to them, as I'm sure they will have more time now to actually READ and not just encourage us in that endeavor! I appreciate all the moderators who take on these groups and who keep all the rest of us challenge addicts happy. Looking forward to seeing what's around the bend as you discover more "lost" challenges!

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi everybody - so good to meet you all! *waves*

message 13: by Jonquil (new)

Jonquil Thank you, Ladies, for fitting our group into your hectic lives; y'all certainly prove the rule that "busy people find time".

message 14: by ~Melissa~ (new)

~Melissa~ | 1690 comments Welcome to the new leaders! Thanks for being Mods and keeping this group going!

✎Stacey "The One Night Biter" Nice to meet you Mods, thanks for helping me find this group

message 16: by Kim. E. (new)

Kim. E. | 254 comments Thank you for setting up all the challenges for everyone.

Question- I just tried to set up my Members Log and for some reason not working for me.

I tried to add a couple books at front & end from symbols at bottom of IPad. Then left topic section alone since it had "add book or author" there, and nothing under comments.

A red box came up saying "body user text is too short (minimum is 1 character). . I have never seen that before. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

message 17: by Sam (new)

Sam | 401 comments You have to put something in the comment box in order to create your thread. That is usually the start of your thread; the intro etc. It can even just be the word reserved, if you haven't decided how you want to set your thread up yet.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

That sounds like the answer to me. Thanks for helping out Sam :)

message 19: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jhaltenburger) | 770 comments I just want to say that you guys come up with some really good challenges and we appreciate all your hard work! Some of your ideas are inspired, offbeat, and not like anything i've seen in any other group!!

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

That's nice to hear Jennifer! Thanks :)

message 21: by Christine (new)

Christine (clarkepopunta) | 263 comments I have to say, mods make the GR world go 'round. I am thankful for your creativity and doggedness in maintaining a well oiled group :)

message 22: by JoAnne (new)

JoAnne | 42957 comments Mod
Hello everyone, I am JoAnne and I will be joining this group as a mod.

I have been in this group for awhile and created one challenge here. I have also wrote and hosted challenges in four other groups. I am a challenge addict. I think I create challenges so I will have some to play!! I love to read, of course! I come from a family of readers.

I read all kinds of books and I read A LOT!

I live in North Carolina. I'm married and have 2 daughters, 27 and 18. My husband sometimes jokes that I don't get anything done during the day because my head is stuck in a book.

I am excited about being a mod and creating fun challenges for everyone to enjoy!

message 23: by Connie N. (last edited Jul 14, 2017 07:27AM) (new)

Connie N. | 3453 comments We're so happy you've decided to become a mod here, JoAnne. This is a great group, and I know you'll be an active and creative participant. Congrats and welcome!

message 24: by JoAnne (new)

Thanks Connie!

message 25: by JoAnne (new)

Thanks Sharon!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.