The Summer of the Sisterhood Readalong discussion

Book 3 Readalong (July 15-21) > [Book 3] Part 1 Discussion

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kayla Rayne (new)

Kayla Rayne (kaylarayne) | 11 comments Mod
This book will also be set up into four parts.

Girls In Pants The Third Summer of the Sisterhood (Sisterhood, #3) by Ann Brashares

This discussion thread will go until you reach the chapter beginning with the quote:

"Aerodynamically, the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know it so it goes on flying anyway." -Mary Kay Ash

Some questions you might answer:
How have the girls changed since book one? Book two?
Have you seen yourself more in another character than the others?
Has that changed with any of the books for you personally?

Feel free to just gush or rant about this portion of the book. Just please be respectful of spoilers!

Trina (Between Chapters) (trinabetweenchapters) WTF, Kostos. His butt can't even stay with the other girl after making that big fuss over having to marry her. I'm so over him.

message 3: by Abigail (new)

Abigail Street | 10 comments Now the girls are growing up I can feel a little more connected with them....

Lena, I am not so much invested with her story at this stage in the book.

Bridget, I'm worried that we are going to see the same story line as the first book. However, on the other hand the relationship if there is one could be a little stronger.

With tibby and Carmen I really connect with both of the stories. More so with Carmen as my mum has had a partner move in, where as it has been us for the most of my life and her room is sort of off boundaries.

I can see tibby growing up in this book and becoming more family oriented.

message 4: by Kayla Rayne (new)

Trina (Between Chapters) wrote: "WTF, Kostos. His butt can't even stay with the other girl after making that big fuss over having to marry her. I'm so over him."

Kostos goes back and forth in this series so much and it gives me so much rage! He's such a jerk sometimes!

message 5: by Kayla Rayne (new)

Abigail wrote: "Now the girls are growing up I can feel a little more connected with them....

Lena, I am not so much invested with her story at this stage in the book.

Bridget, I'm worried that we are going to ..."

I love Tibby's development throughout the entire series. I like that it feels fluid with a few trip ups along the way. I enjoy Lena's storyline, but I can see how it's difficult to be invested as it is very focused on the same thing throughout the entire series.

Trina (Between Chapters) (trinabetweenchapters) Kayla Rayne wrote: "I enjoy Lena's storyline, but I can see how it's difficult to be invested as it is very focused on the same thing throughout the entire series...."

Yes, that's the worst. Her story is 4 books of THE SAME THING.

message 7: by Siiri (new)

Siiri (smmason14) | 15 comments I think my thoughts so far changed from book 1 to book 2 and so far in this book they are consistent with book 2.

I don't like that Lena's story line is so wrapped up in Kostos yet I haven't seen what makes him so amazing.

Tibby I agree has shown a lot of growth and I've enjoyed her storyline.

Carmen it is just one thing after another she is upset about her parents with. Maybe its just part of being a teenager through a divorce, but I wish for once she was happy for her parents. They don't seem all that bad from some divorce stories I've heard.

Bridget, still my favorite. I hope this book isn't a repeat of the first book though. I'd kind of like to see her tell the guy off in the end, I think she's grown so much she doesn't need him back in her life, lol.

message 8: by Shelly (new)

Shelly (collyofthewobbles) | 8 comments Trina (Between Chapters) wrote: "Kayla Rayne wrote: "I enjoy Lena's storyline, but I can see how it's difficult to be invested as it is very focused on the same thing throughout the entire series...."

Yes, that's the worst. Her s..."

Lena is the stagnant one it seems, nothing changes, I wanna shake her up and make her shout at her dad.She needs some Carmen in her.

message 9: by Desmondella (new)

Desmondella (treasuryoftomes) I feel like the girls have slowly matured from book one to this point although it's been gradual and of course they've all screwed up here and there.

At first I saw myself more in Lena but now I'm leaning more towards seeing myself in Tibby. I love her development throughout the novels so far and I feel like I'm able to connect with Tibby or Carmen more at this point whereas, I agree with others that Lena's story is extremely stagnant at this point and has been for all books so far. I hope that changes.

Tibby: I felt horrible about what happened to her sister but I also feel like because of what Tibby was dealing with at the time, Katherine got slightly pushed to the back burner. But I also feel as though Tibby shouldn't solely blame herself. Mistakes happen.

Carmen: I feel like she was extremely harsh on her mother about the whole pregnancy. But I also feel as though her mom should have told her but I do understand wanting to wait and not have that whole thing overshadow Carmen's graduation.

Bridget: I am so happy that she's back to her old self and I'm excited to see how being a leader at her camp will help shape her experiences differently than if she was a camper again. I hope, like others, that we don't see the exact same storyline between her and Eric but I'd be lying if I said I didn't want anything romantic to happen between them now that Bridget is older. I don't want it too turn out as gushy and overly romantic as the whole thing with Lena and Kostos was at one point.

Lena: Her story hasn't changed much so I'm having a hard time connecting with her right now but I feel really bad for Valia being forced to move by Lena's father. Valia seems so sad and angry. We've never really seen that side of her up to this point and it's heartbreaking but I hope that Lena will be able to sympathize and still show her love and it'll be interesting to see how Carmen deals with taking care of Valia for Lena's family due to Valia's attitude right now.

message 10: by E.E. (new)

E.E. (eehornburg) | 32 comments Mod
Trina (Between Chapters) wrote: "WTF, Kostos. His butt can't even stay with the other girl after making that big fuss over having to marry her. I'm so over him."

ME TOO. I used to swoon over him in high school and now I'm just like "STAY IN GREECE AND LEAVE HER ALONE"