K-Pop And Korean Dramas discussion

Books > Romance fiction and Korean Drama

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by A.K. (new)

A.K. Moon (akmoon) | 6 comments Hi,
I am new to Goodreads discussion so please forgive me if I am at the wrong place to leave this comment.
I've been a k-drama fan since I was born(I was born in Korea :)) So, It was natural to me keep watching K-drama even when you moved to N.Z.
As a K-drama fan, I always wanted to read a Romance fiction similar like a K-drama. But it was hard to find that kind of romance novel at the current market. So.. I wrote one. :)
It was translated and published in English on kindle Amazon titled, "Falling in Love Like a Korean Drama".
People in my community don't read romance books and don't watch K-drama so It was really hard to hear other people's thoughts for the book.
I hope I can hear your thoughts on that.
Thank you in advance.

message 2: by Arwen (new)

Arwen | 608 comments Ka pai,

I wish you well with your book! Unfortunately I don't actually have access to a kindle. But I hope all the best for you and your book.

yea NZ doesn't have the best community for asian marketing at all tbh. We have plenty of food, but nothin else.

message 3: by A.K. (new)

A.K. Moon (akmoon) | 6 comments Thanks for your kind words. ^^

Jack Frost, Jaquelyn, Jackie:  {The empress of winter; The lonely white wolf } (elchornoboy) | 370 comments A.K

I would love to read your book. I do in fact have a kindle.

message 5: by Chisom (new)

Chisom  (booky2) | 31 comments Lol sounds like a fun read. Did you base it on just one drama in particular? If so, which one? Does it have flashbacks, amnesia, and someone getting hit by a car? Lol sorry that's usually what happens in the dramas I watch

Jack Frost, Jaquelyn, Jackie:  {The empress of winter; The lonely white wolf } (elchornoboy) | 370 comments Chisom; I am reading it at the moment actually. It is really good!! I love it!

message 7: by A.K. (new)

A.K. Moon (akmoon) | 6 comments Jack? Are you reading it? Really? Thank you so much. I hope we can talk about it later when you finish the book.

Jack Frost, Jaquelyn, Jackie:  {The empress of winter; The lonely white wolf } (elchornoboy) | 370 comments Yes, I am reading it. I am about twenty percent in already.

message 9: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie White | 9 comments Just ordered it yeah! Do we know of any books that are like a Korean Drama?

And I mean a 100 pages is not going to be a book for me - the average drama is 16 hours - we best be getting a 500 page book.

Your book A.K. is a very decent size - can't wait to start it :)

Jack Frost, Jaquelyn, Jackie:  {The empress of winter; The lonely white wolf } (elchornoboy) | 370 comments Stephanie; I am almost done with it. It is really good!!

message 11: by A.K. (new)

A.K. Moon (akmoon) | 6 comments Chisom wrote: "Lol sounds like a fun read. Did you base it on just one drama in particular? If so, which one? Does it have flashbacks, amnesia, and someone getting hit by a car? Lol sorry that's usually what happ..."
Ha Ha. Yes, Chisom. The book has most K-Drama clichés but on purposely. It is to betray those cliché. Thank you for your comment.

message 12: by A.K. (new)

A.K. Moon (akmoon) | 6 comments I am glad you loved it. I felt as if I made a new friend who could share my secret.
I am so grateful for all the readers(not many though ^^) who read the book. As one reviewer pointed out, the editor is fixing some spelling and grammar errors on the book.
I am currently working on second book. It is a Vampire story. ^_^; I know the theme is outdated but it will be a little different story that I can promise.
Do you think you can recommend the book, "Falling in love Like a Korean Drama" to others? If so, would you kindly leave a few words on Amazon review? It means a lot to me. Here is the link. http://amzn.to/2aEFP5P

P.S : Did you recognise the song she was listening at the epilogue? ^^
I recommend one K drama currently airing is "W". We've never seen that kind of K-drama ever before. Just wait until it gets subtitles.

Jack Frost, Jaquelyn, Jackie:  {The empress of winter; The lonely white wolf } (elchornoboy) | 370 comments A.K. I am not really good at recommending anything to anyone plus it is kind of hard for me to write a review of anything.

message 14: by A.K. (new)

A.K. Moon (akmoon) | 6 comments I thought your 'I loved it. I coudn't put it down.' was a good review. ^^ But never mind. Thank you. Have a great day!

Jack Frost, Jaquelyn, Jackie:  {The empress of winter; The lonely white wolf } (elchornoboy) | 370 comments I guess it was. I am not a person who wrote a paragraph of review on a book. That is what I meant.