What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Suggest books for me > 2000-2016: Romance, Fantasy, YA, NA, Adult, Action, Drama, Adventure, Supernatural, prefer POVs of both MCs

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by BookNerdLife (last edited Jul 13, 2016 08:03PM) (new)

BookNerdLife | 53 comments I am looking for some books to read and review in my blog. I would appreciate it if you guys could recommend some. I would like it if they were any of these genres: Romance, Fantasy, Young Adult, New Adult, Adult, Action, Drama, Adventure, Supernatural.
I would like it if these books had both MC's POV but it is not a necessity.
I would also like if there was no love triangle in the romance books.
(FYI I love reading about vampire and werewolves especially)

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40226 comments Mod
BookNerdLife, is it necessary for the book to be new/recently published?

Also once we've clarified that, you should add info to your header to indicate more specifically what you're looking for, especially in terms of genres.

So what I would recommend is: "Newly published Romance, Fantasy, Young Adult, Adult, Action, Drama, Adventure, Supernatural, prefer POVs of both MCs".

This just saves time for people who only have a few minutes to browse the threads.

message 3: by BookNerdLife (new)

BookNerdLife | 53 comments No doesn't need to be new as long as it's from the 2000 - 2016 I'm fine with it.

message 4: by Teresa (last edited Jul 15, 2016 10:03AM) (new)

Teresa (hydrolagus) | 94 comments Some YA/NA contemporary fantasy:
How about Maggie Stiefvater's werewolf series that starts with Shiver?
There's some romantic angst of the "is she/he really into me?" type, but no love triangle.
I don't like it quite as much as her Raven Boys series, but that contains neither vampires nor werewolves.
Brenna Yovanoff's and Holly Black's non-Spiderwick stuff are two more of my favs. FWIW, they tend to be single-POV.

message 5: by BookNerdLife (new)

BookNerdLife | 53 comments Teresa wrote: "Some YA/NA contemporary fantasy:
How about Maggie Stiefvater's werewolf series that starts with Shiver?
There's some romantic angst of the "is she/he really into me?" type, but no lo..."

I read the Shiver series already, didn't like it at the time but I'll try it once more. I'll try Holly Blacks books they seem interesting. Thanks!

message 6: by Azur (new)

Azur | 10 comments Cinder is told from different perspectives and fits many of the other points you mentioned. In the second book some werewolf-like creatures appear.

message 7: by BookNerdLife (new)

BookNerdLife | 53 comments Azur wrote: "Cinder is told from different perspectives and fits many of the other points you mentioned. In the second book some werewolf-like creatures appear."

I'll give it a try thanks!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Shiver (other topics)
Cinder (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Holly Black (other topics)
Brenna Yovanoff (other topics)