Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Cover Help > Book Cover for Audiobook Edition

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

The other Sandy | 88 comments Could someone please add this cover to the audiobook edition of Not My Blood by Barbara Cleverly?

message 2: by Dobby (new)

Dobby (dobby0390) | 4926 comments Done. Format changed to Audible Audio, per ISBN match on Amazon.

message 3: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 45482 comments Mod
Audible editions have ASINs. That's an Audio CD. Edited.

The other Sandy | 88 comments Dobby0390 wrote: "Done. Format changed to Audible Audio, per ISBN match on Amazon."

Thanks!

message 5: by Dobby (new)

Dobby (dobby0390) | 4926 comments Thanks, Rivka; I missed that. :-/

message 6: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

There is an Audible edition, if someone wanted to add it.

message 7: by Dobby (last edited Jul 11, 2016 04:17PM) (new)

Dobby (dobby0390) | 4926 comments I'll add it. Also, I need to change the cover. The one I added is for the AudibleAudio edition, not the Audio CD.

ETA: and done — Audible Audio ASIN B0099V2GF8: Not My Blood

message 8: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

Thanks!

The other Sandy | 88 comments Are you sure you've got those the right way around? The edition that says in the description that it was published by Audio Go has a cover that says Sound Library, and the edition that says it was published by Blackstone Audio has a cover that says Audio Go.

message 10: by Dobby (new)

Dobby (dobby0390) | 4926 comments Hmm. This led to some interesting research. When U.K.-based AudioGO went out of business, its U.S. arm, Blackstone, was sold back to its original owners. The non-BBC catalog was sold to Audible.com (an Amazon company). The AudioGO labels indicate the edition originated in the U.K., while the Blackstone labeled editions would be of U.S. origin. BBC Audiobooks/Sound Library was under the AudioGO umbrella, so seeing "Sound Library" on the cover is further indication of a U.K. release.

AudioGO AudioGO cover—
Publisher: Blackstone Audio, Inc.
Amazon ASIN B0099V2GF8; Audible Audio format
Sources: Amazon and Audible.com

SoundLibrary Sound Library cover—
Publisher: AudioGO (AudioGO / Sound Library are U.K. labels)
ISBN 9780792791508; Audio CD format
Source: Amazon

I researched the AudioGO/Blackstone history through Google searches and Wikipedia articles.

message 11: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

I swear, they do it just to confuse us.