Clean Reads for Mormon Teenagers discussion

Venting and Advice > High School?!

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Allison (new)

Allison | 141 comments Hey so I'm going to be starting high school this school year and I'm kind of nervous.... Does anyone have advice for me?

message 2: by Sienna (new)

Sienna | 21 comments Join some clubs, extracurriculars, and classes that you like! Get involved in the things you love, whether it be drama, music, sports, science, art, etc. It will make high school a lot more fun and give you opportunities to make more friends! In general just work hard in school. Balance fun and hard work and so that you'll be successful and happy. Good luck!

message 3: by Christine (new)

Christine Hall | 1 comments I have very shy children. I encourage them to smile, and make eye contact. I also try to teach them simple, open ended questions, like, "How was your summer? Were there any fun things you did?" I also teach them that people need to know you like them. Even shy people can make the effort of saying hello to someone and asking how they are doing.

I recommend you pray to find a friend, especially someone you need, and someone who needs you! I spent very lonely Jr. High years in California. But I knew in my heart it was better to have no friends, than to have friends who would not be a good influence on me.

I'll pray that you can find a good friend Allison.

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 561 comments Here's some advice for anybody starting high school or currently in high school:
Be the best YOU you can be! High school was hard for me because I tried to be somebody I wasn't. I cared too much about what people thought of me and tried really hard to be in the popular crowd, when in reality that was not who I was. I let the judgements of other's get the best of me, and because of that those four years were sometimes a struggle for me.
So, for anybody reading this, just know that it will be okay. Know that you are not going to get along super well with everybody, and know that some people will just for some reason not like you, and that's okay. That in no way lowers you worth at all. To whoever is reading this, you are of infinite worth, and nobody, not even yourself, can take that away from you. Be yourself. I know everybody says that, but really, just be the best you that you can be, and those who matter will be introduced into your life.
But mainly, just know that it will be okay. It will all be okay. People are rude and can hurt you, but just know that you are okay and everything will be okay. You're amazing and you can do this!