BOOK REVIEW OF INDIAN AUTHORS discussion

REVIEW > Review of reviews

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Utsav (new)

Utsav Bansal (vastu) Hi, I am new to the group. I like to read many different kind of books though fantasy happens to be my favorite genre. Lately I have started reviewing books (I read about 3-4 books a month and try to reviewall of them), but do not know how good they are as reviws. So I was hoping any of you guys can give me feedback on my reviews, more specifically on points such as:
1. Does the review touch upon topics you are looking at while searching for a book.
2. Is the expression clear, and does a positive review make you interested in the book.
3. How can I make my reviews better and more helpful?

Would be grateful for anyone who can go through a few of my reviews:
https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 2: by Varun (new)

Varun K. | 4 comments Hi Utsav
Just read your review for Dark things. Well written and good use of the sandwich technique in reviewing the book. Also I liked how you explained the book without giving too much; it helped a lot in the review. Good show !!

message 3: by Varun (new)

Varun K. | 4 comments I too am new here to Good reads. I've only recently published my book on Amazon kindle and was looking for someone to review it. Would you be interested, It comes under dark fantasy genre.
Please let me know I can send the pdf or word format to you.
The synopsis:
Prabhakar had the perfect life- financial stability, a loving wife and a beautiful child and it was all taken away from him. He woke up to find himself born in Hell an Immortal—a fate far worse than death! Confined to torment the dead for all eternity; he scourges the underworld to find a way back to what he lost. His treacherous journey leads him on a collision course with the powers that be, (the Immortals) and the powers that were (the Gods) - A conflict bursting at the seams and spilling onto the world.
Back on Earth, Arjun, a modern day monk, mourns the loss of his Guru and sister, he comes in touch with a youth named Arul, a laboratory technician and decides to mentor him. Together they unearth a secret as old as the earth itself.
Elsewhere, across the country, people are found gruesomely murdered. The victims? Associates of the nexus linked to the corridors of power, responsible for the trafficking of minors. The people responsible- a group named the Asura’s. Their leader, Sanjay, makes it his life’s mission to root evil from society. He is organized, efficient, and ruthless. With the media silenced and the government bribed; the people rally behind this faceless force; unknown how far the ripples of their actions go.
The fabric of reality, held but by a thread balanced between them, Prabhakar must now choose a side Manv, Dhanv or Dev (Man, Demon or God); For the future of all reality depends on it.

message 4: by Utsav (new)

Utsav Bansal (vastu) Varun wrote: "I too am new here to Good reads. I've only recently published my book on Amazon kindle and was looking for someone to review it. Would you be interested, It comes under dark fantasy genre.
Please ..."

Hey Varun, thanks for the comment.

The synopsis of your novel sounds really interesting and I would love to review it, however I already have 2 novels in pipeline which I have to review and rate so I can't promise how soon I can go through your book. My e-mail address is utsavbansl@outlook.com, you can send me the epub/pdf there.

Bte, what's the name of your book, and can you send the Goodreads link?

message 5: by Varun (new)

Varun K. | 4 comments Hi Utsav
The name of my Book is
Ruler. I haven't uploaded the book on Good reads yet. Its the first book in a series. It's available on Amazon Kindle
Check this out:Ruler (The Ruler Series Book 1) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GU27TCS/...

message 6: by Archana (last edited Mar 30, 2021 10:54PM) (new)

Archana Devdas | 24 comments Utsav wrote: "Hi, I am new to the group. I like to read many different kind of books though fantasy happens to be my favorite genre. Lately I have started reviewing books (I read about 3-4 books a month and try ..."

Hi Utsav,

I'm an new author and have only recently published my first book, a love story set in Kerala. Would you be interested in doing a review? I can send you a paperback or a Kindle version. Here is the link to the book on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.in/Promise-Unspoke...

Please take a look and let me know if interested.

Regards,
Archana

message 7: by Avinash (new)

Avinash Matta (avinashmatta) | 8 comments Archana wrote: "Utsav wrote: "Hi, I am new to the group. I like to read many different kind of books though fantasy happens to be my favorite genre. Lately I have started reviewing books (I read about 3-4 books a ..."

Hi Archana,

I'd love to read and review your book in exchange for an honest review on my book - https://bit.ly/SainiSubramanyam

My novel traces the journey of a teenage boy stuck at home during the lockdown with his constantly brawling set of grandparents. His paternal grandparents (The Saini's ) arrive from Amristar and his maternal grandparents (The Subramanyam's) from Visakhapatnam. What follows is a month-long drama with family secrets, broken promises, and exposed lies. Arjun Saini Subramanyam experiences a roller coaster of emotions as he finally learns to make peace with himself as well as his family.

This story was shortlisted for Wattpad India Awards 2020 under Young/New Adult category. It's now available on Kindle Unlimited.

Do let me know if you'd be interested.

Thanks,
Avinash.

message 8: by Archana (last edited Mar 31, 2021 02:52AM) (new)

Archana Devdas | 24 comments Avinash wrote: "Archana wrote: "Utsav wrote: "Hi, I am new to the group. I like to read many different kind of books though fantasy happens to be my favorite genre. Lately I have started reviewing books (I read ab..."

Hi Avinash,

Thanks, I would like to read and review your book. Will download it from KU. You can contact me by email archno1@rediffmail.com

Regards,
Archana

message 9: by Avinash (new)

Avinash Matta (avinashmatta) | 8 comments Archana wrote: "Avinash wrote: "Archana wrote: "Utsav wrote: "Hi, I am new to the group. I like to read many different kind of books though fantasy happens to be my favorite genre. Lately I have started reviewing ..."

Hey Archana,

Awesome! Likewise, I'll get your book from KU. I'll contact you once I have posted your review.

Thanks,
Avinash.