Special Something: A Roleplay discussion

Artists > Artist Characters

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ʀᴇᴅ, well this is going to be a disaster (new)

ʀᴇᴅ (urfavoritecolor) | 383 comments Mod
(view spoiler)

C H A R L E S   H U G H   D O U G L A S
       ( nineteen & a senior & artist leader second & heterosexual )
                  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ [ ♔ ] ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Alright, listen, and listen good, Charlie isn't going to tell you this story twice because he hates telling it once, so if you miss out that's your loss and you better hope your friend was paying attention because Charlie has better things to do then look back on his life. Charlie was born to some lady and some dude that didn't want him? Why? Who knows, he doesn't really care anyway. He was raised by his aunt until he was five and then even she didn't want him, and so his grandma raised him for a year or two before he was slipped into the system. Why? Eh, probably because she didn't want him either. But whatever, Charlie doesn't care anyway.

Two foster families later, Charlie was given to the 'Knightley's'. And it was the best thing to ever happen to him. Ever. And he still would admit that it was the best thing to ever happen, to this very day. And lot's of amazing things have happened to him since then, but this is by far the best. See, the Knightley's made Charlie feel something he's never really felt. He was nine years old and didn't know what it felt like to feel wanted. But these guys? The ones that requested he called them mom and dad? Man, they rocked his world. And he couldn't be more thankful.

Growing up in a foster home was pretty awesome to Charlie. The family was huge, which was great for so many reasons. You always had a buddy, and there was always someone who could help you. And then, the cliques happened. Charlie was an artist since middle school, loving art almost as much as his loved his brothers and sisters. And then, he met the high school kids. You know, the ones who introduced him to drugs. Charlie slipped into the stoner life quickly, which was dangerous. In fact, he would probably be addicted if he didn't try to control it. But he does it for his younger siblings, so he's not a bad influence.

And then, the party happened. The party was a bit of a blur. Everyone was invited, and it was the one and only Rosemary Keats' and her beachfront home. The whole clique went, and it was awesome. Of course then, they all got high. Charlie met a girl at some point too, hm, did they hook up? Not sure, he couldn't remember. And then the mistake happened. Look, the only reason Charlie went in the car was because that STEM kid had this... wait what did he even have? Charlie can't remember, but it was something important. So he got in the car, and off they went. And let's just say, the now injured Cole kind of regrets the whole thing.

message 2: by kaya (last edited Jul 14, 2016 12:22AM) (new)

kaya (ananats) | 80 comments

J E O N G   S E O - J U N   ;;   seventeen · junior · musician · classicist

What's with all the white heteros that think his name is Jeong? It's Seo-jun, preferably just Jun. Just because Koreans don't write their names the Western way and because white people can't understand other languages.
Speaking of languages, Jun's fluent in five — Korean, English, Japanese, Suhwa and American Sign Language. He's not deaf, he just likes being able to have conversations with his little sister without their dad's work partners understanding.
Seo-jun and his family moved to America when he was only five. He despised this new place at first, with its unusual food and strange words, but as he developed better English, grew to understand better. He still dislikes it though, and subsists almost exclusively on a diet of thickshakes, kimbap and the occasional muesli bar. This diet has the unfortunate side effect of causing extreme pain to anyone who calls Jun's kimbap 'sushi'.

Jun's known that he's gay for a while, but he only came out a year ago. The reaction from his parents was less than stunning, but they didn't react violently or kick him out of the house. Since then, music has become a source of comfort for Jun, especially after the incident.
The incident. Something he still doesn't want to think about, because right now it's far too painful. Maybe once he's older and moves away, then he can revisit the immense guilt he feels over ruining their friendship, when he's gotten over his unrequited love ssh, he doesn't know it's mutual yet.
family
jeong ji-ae — sister
jeong seo-jun — father
jeong ji-eun — mother

message 3: by Jude [ semi-hiatus ] (last edited Jul 14, 2016 01:05PM) (new)

Jude [ semi-hiatus ] (crazy-fangirl) description description description

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• Bepper Delilah •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
━━━━━━━━ eighteen, senior, "Broken Girl", classicist ━━━━━━━━

Rule one of talking to Bepper: You do not mention the night of the party. Second rule of talking to Bepper: Actually, just don't talk to her. She doesn't like you, get it through your messed up moronic mind. Bepper would rather be painting.
Bepper Chrysanthemum Delilah, born in the middle of a snowstorm. Only twelve seconds after her brother, Bryan. Oh boy, would he rub that in her face! Growing up, Bepper and Bryan didn't fight like normal siblings. They were anything but normal. Bryan was the brother who didn't have any girls in his life except Bepper. Bepper was the sister who went to his every game, just to see her hero play. When Bepper spray painted skulls all over his banged up but loveable car, he rode in it proudly. Bepper and Bryan couldn't have been closer. Maybe that's why her junior year was total hell.
As Bepper entered grade eleven, her mother developed Pancreatic cancer. She passed away four months after she was diagnosed. Bepper didn't have many friends, but her mom was always there. So when she passed, Bepper didn't have anyone except Bryan. Talking to her dad was out of the question. He was the bastard who never would have listened. Bryan and Bepper got closer that year. Bepper was with the artists, he was more of a jock, but they were the best friends to ever exist. When Bepper had problems with her boyfriend of two years, he was there. When she broke down, unable to handle the fact that her mother was gone, he was there. Until one night he wasn't.
Bepper hated Rosemary Keats almost as much as she hated parties, even before the accident. So when she heard about the party Rose was hosting, she refused to go. Bryan, on the other hand, had been looking forward to it for a while. So while Bepper stayed home and sketched, Bryan partied to his hearts content.
Bryan got home at five am. He didn't look all that hungover, but when he locked himself in his room for hours and didn't speak, Bepper knew she had lost him. Something had changed at that party, and suddenly Bryan wanted nothing to do with his nerdy sister and her stupid clique. Bepper had no idea what had gone wrong, but her brother was no longer the same. She asked everyone she could, but no one knew what happened at that party. Besides, others had suffered far, far worse. In one damned year, Bepper had lost the two people she loved more that life itself.
Bepper's father walked out on the twins when Bryan stopped talking to her. Bepper bottled everything up, sketching like mad, just to keep her from murdering Rosemary Keats. Her aunt took her and Bryan in, but even she could barely handle it. Bepper was broken, courtesy of Bryan. Her mother was dead, her brother was changed, and her asshole of a father had left her when she needed him most. Bepper had never had pain like this before.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Jude wrote: "

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• Bepper Delilah •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Rule one of talking to Bepper: You do n..."

@jude; Bepper's profile implies that there were two car accidents on the night of the party in addition to the one described in the group's plot. This would have been highly unlikely, as the majority of people there either stayed overnight, uber'd home, had someone pick them up, or came with a friend as a designated driver. The accident described in the plot is the one which rendered the humanities nerds' leader comatose and that put the jocks' leader in a wheelchair. Thus, it would be highly unlikely for there to be three major accidents from one party. Please change that part.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Jude wrote: "Aubree wrote: "Jude wrote: "

Rule one of..."

What I'm saying is that the only accident was the one described in the plot.

Jude [ semi-hiatus ] (crazy-fangirl) Aubree wrote: "Jude wrote: "

Rule one of talking to Bep..."

Fixed.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay. Wait until Scout is online for approval.

message 8: by A 💞 (last edited Jul 18, 2016 12:57AM) (new)

A 💞 (smokeymirrors) | 38 comments

───────────────────────────────
♣ ♧ ♥ ♣ ♧ ♥ ♣ ♧ ♥ ♣ ♧ ♥ ♣ ♧ ♥ ♣ ♧ ♥ ♣ ♧ ♥ ♣ ♧ ♥
Pass The Ganja Mamí

♣Cairo Ilene Jacintha
♧Aka CJ ♥XVIII ♣Lesbian

Lemme tell you bouts myself. I'm an Island gal, born and bred. This fine piece of ass is brought to you by way of tough as nails Hispanic Mama and a tall dark and handsome Jamaican Papa. When I was five, Mama and Papa uprooted us to go live in L.A to help Papa chase his dreams of bein' a chef and Mama chase her dreams of bein' a philanthropist sooooo I guess you could say that I get my artsy side from Papa. His love for food, made it an art and when I was young sittin' on the kitchen floor , watchin' my Papa get that drizzle just right it inspired me. They put me into some pretty alright schools for Elementary and Middle School, but I was made fun of for my accent and some of my traditions... But that just taught me that assholes are assholes and to that I say fuck em.

And then I hit high school.

And fuck did everything change. I have a crew that's ride or die and they're not afraid to try anything new. But we're divided and we shouldn't be... But hey, it's a privilege to fuck with me. So, now I'm a senior, strictly a Modernist and lovin' life right now. I couldn't have asked for better people to hang out with.

message 9: by devo (last edited Jul 19, 2016 05:48PM) (new)

devo (yourdevotion) | 190 comments A N Y A A K I N J I D E
[ i ] ɢ ɴ ɪ ɪ ɴ ʙ ʟ
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
junior • female • sixteen • artist & modernist

(view spoiler)
Now Anya isn't some pretentious piece of artistic trash hoping to find the real meaning of the world with a couple of homemade blunts if you need one though, she's the plug and bongs, no, but she isn't your typical teenager either. Self proclaimed activist for many different causes Anya is someone who cares about things other than instagram and social status. Fairly friendly yet unapproachable to most Anya tends to succumb to her thoughts very easily and might often daydreams during her classes (view spoiler). She does smoke weed and cigarettes which gives her a sort of chill laid back wow shes so cool and artsy sort of vibe. Not to mention she has a aesthetic that is just sooooo 90s

She was born in Jacmel, Haiti in late July and was given up for adoption in early August that didn't really work out thus she was sent to a foster home. To this day her new foster parents never really talked about it, nor does she want to remember, its just a sensitive topic that no one really to brings up, which is fine. Her artistic ability was something I guess Anya was born with...there was no revelation everyone just knew her poetry and sketches were something special to her and what made her unique. In 2012 she was expelled from 8th grade for spray painting a "controversial" statement piece on the back of a Walmart. That's really it. Seriously, nothing really special to mention.

message 10: by devo (last edited Jul 20, 2016 11:41AM) (new)

devo (yourdevotion) | 190 comments D E L I L A H C O O K E
[ h ] ʏ ʜ ʀ ʟ ɪ ʟ ʜ . . .
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
senior • female • seventeen • artist & classical

(view spoiler)
Delilah has cancer. Let's just break it down for you guys. No, she does not want your pity, yes she is fine, and yes she can handle herself, no her cancer was not hereditary. It's easy for her to dismiss the fact that she doesn't have all that much time left to become the world renowned painter that she always wanted to become all because of her best friend. It's easy for her to wheel around her oxygen tank and forget that she needed help getting oxygen to her lungs. It's easy to laugh at the jokes that compare her to Hazel Grace from The Fault in Our Stars that are told everyday like it was something new every time.

Life is short, shit happens. We all just learn to deal with it.

(view spoiler)

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

george han ⸥ — seventeen / junior / classicist / pianist

To many, George seems like the perfect poster child for an Asian American family. He does well in school, respects authorities, plays the piano. Everything that he does fits the mold perfectly. Except that that's exactly it — it's what he does, not who he is. And that's not entirely a bad thing, because he loves what he does.

But sometimes it's just not enough. Because he wants more — he wants it all. He wants to be able to pursue music education because it's what he loves, he wants to be able to go to the school he wants to go to, he wants to liberate the sense of duty to his parents' expectations that he's inflicted upon himself. He wants to stop limiting himself, to let himself reach his potential and exceed it. But he doesn't know how.

message 12: by dyanne, ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) (last edited Jul 22, 2016 11:31PM) (new)

dyanne | 316 comments Mod
E L L I S O N C H O I
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
ɴᴏᴛ ᴡᴀɪᴛɪɴɢ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏɴғᴇᴛᴛɪ ᴛᴏ ғᴀʟʟ // elly + fourteen + freshman + classist
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Elly Choi would like to tell you that there is nothing naive about her, although everyone seems to insist that she is. Is she young? No, it's just that everyone here is old Sure. But she's not stupid. Yeah, she'd much rather do━ well, anything, rather than open up a math textbook, but she knows full well that the head sitting atop her shoulders is in perfectly good condition and isn't afraid to remind you of it when you try to coddle her like she's six, not fourteen. Just because she looks like an eleven year old doesn't mean you have to treat her like one.

Truth is, Elly's not too sure what she wants to do, or what she's good at. She likes to paint, to sing and play the ukulele, to doodle on chairs and lockers and bathroom walls━ but it's not like she's planning on being a professional... bathroom graffiti artist or anything. Sure, Elly can be pretty spacey, but she can afford to be━ she has plenty of time to figure things out and it's not like she's planning on making any major decisions in the near future. For now, so long as she avoids all the potheads around here (can you get high from second degree smoke?), she'll be just fine.

message 13: by alessia (new)

alessia (classick) | 14 comments

(    O  L  I  V  E  R    A  R  I  S    W  R  I  G  H  T    )
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
seventeen · senior · classicist · messenger · genderfluid

Everyone knows the freak smart-ass who skipped his junior grade last year. What was his name again? Olive Knight? Oliver Knight? You know what, who cares? Anyway. With all the shade and drama being thrown around the RNHS campus, and not to mention anonymous blogs popping up left and right, there’s little in the short-statured kid to care about. And even if you tried to care, Oliver’s bound to slip right through your fingers. Sometimes it’s intentional, but you could call it a natural talent. A talent for appearing talentless, that is. Oliver’s presence is so low it’s laughable. Try as you may to concentrate as hard as you can, but they’ve got some magical way to slouch and shuffle their way past you without catching your attention. Shady, and a tiny bit annoying, no doubt. But alas, it is their job.

As the messenger, Oliver finds it in their duty to come off as low-key and neutral as possible. As hard as it is to keep your eyes on them, it’s hard to hate them too. They’re not exactly shy, but they’re undoubtedly a pushover. Surprising for a “genius,” but Oliver doesn’t have a big dream in life or some big goal to strive for. So they’re quite a popular go-to for people who need their homework done. And homework’s not all, Oliver’s often running errands and working odd jobs simply because someone asked them to. But again, it’s hard to tell if they’re doing this just because they’re “nice” and “have no backbone,” or if it’s to give themselves a pass of sorts to be anywhere without being questioned. Not that many mind them a lot (they’re on friendly terms with everyone thanks to their ever-present nonchalance concerning cliques and whatnot; but they're not that friendly though). In fact, nobody but the co-leader knows their secret role, so who cares if they’re listening? Frankly, they don’t have any actual friends to spill secrets to.

It may be a depressing story to hear for some. Who would want to be the kid nobody cares about? But on the other hand, all of this might seem like a simple disguise. All they have to do is rip off the false act and quit downplaying themselves into mediocracy, and then they’d be perfectly fine, correct? Quite wrong. It’s funny, but they had to work to get some skills (especially physical ones) to even reach the state of barely average. And on the less funny side, Oliver’s pretty adamant on sticking inside their little bubble of solitude too. Years spent being the background character sometimes fuels the hunger for the spotlight, but in Oliver’s case, they’re not as eager as they are weary. So tough luck on making them play a leading role.
(view spoiler)

message 14: by Mic ~When words fail, music speaks.~ (last edited Jul 24, 2016 04:39PM) (new)

Mic ~When words fail, music speaks.~ (Weirdoskaterchick) | 9 comments Name: Nathan Jones

Grade: 11th

Position: modernists

Birthday: February 29th

Sexual orientation: (*sigh* -_-)

Nationality: American

Place of birth: Allenhurst, NJ

Physical Characteristics:

Picture:

Height: 6 even

Weight: 190

Eyes: Hazel

Hair: Dirty blonde

Habits: Talks a lot and taps his foot when nervous, bored, scared. Also tends to block everyone out when he gets scared, or stressed.

Hobbies: Football, skateboarding, and drawing

Favorite Sayings: I am not what has happened to me, I am what I choose to become.

I am who I am, if you have a problem take it up with my secretary.

Take it up with my secretary.

Disabilities: Bipolar 2

Style: (view spoiler)

Description:

Personality: Open-minded, fun-loving, quiet, smart. Are the four words that describe Nathan. Hes fun to be around, he makes the whole room light up when he walks in. He makes everyone laugh. However hes quiet and shy. Until it comes to singing. Singing is his way, like many others, to speak his mind. He is also very smart, unlike his brother, who never really takes school seriously, Nate dose.

History:

Childhood: He had a quiet child hood. Grew up with a twin brother and a single mom, in a small town in New Jersey. They both were always bullied growing up. They never knew why. They were good kids, nice to everyone. But no one seamed to like them. There dad died in a car accident when they were 9, there sister was driving. It wasn't her fault, and she started doing drugs and drinking, suicide attempts, she when to rehab. They don't like to talk about her. They say that she went off to a bordering school in New Zealand.

Family:

Siblings: Rosa Jones (sister 23)

Parents: Natasha Jones (mother 45)
Daniel Jones (father died.)

Other:

Favorite animal: Panda

Favorite flower: Violate

Favorite food: Pizza

Theme song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=De30E...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKp2C...

Favorite song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8G4o...

Birthstone: Amethyst

Astronomical Zodiac: pieces

Chinese Zodiac: dragon

Mic ~When words fail, music speaks.~ (Weirdoskaterchick) | 9 comments Erm, how's that ^^??

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Mic~ Sad eyes. Bad guys. Mouth full of white lies. wrote: "Name: Nathan Jones

Grade: 11th

Position: erm artist?

Birthday: February 29th

Sexual orientation: (*sigh* -_-)

Nationality: American

Pl..."

Mic;; For the artist clique, you need to choose a faction, either Classicist or Modernist. Also, you need to claim your FC in the Face Claims thread.

Mic ~When words fail, music speaks.~ (Weirdoskaterchick) | 9 comments Erm, am I approved? Or wha?