What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Young adult fantasy, girl trapped in forest, doesn't age, flowers grow in hair [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Meierotto | 2 comments I read this around 2003.
The protagonist is a girl who lives in a forest and has greenery growing from her hair. There is a wizard that uses the flowers in her hair in a tea that makes him powerful and weakens her. I think he turns into a giant boar at some point. She escapes and without the repeated harvesting of her hair plants she becomes stronger. The seasons in that land had been stuck in place until she is allowed to grow. Her dress and hair change to reflect the seasons, with wheat and golden dress in the fall.

She was part of the heartwood of a magical mother-nature tree that was stolen by the wizard but gained sentience. The tree sent knights to try and rescue her and I think one was a love interest.

Thanks for any clues about the title.

message 2: by Ket (new)

Ket | 164 comments Replying because I want to read this!

Sounds like something from Charles de Lint, Patricia A. McKillip, Terri Windling, or a similar author. Hope it's found soon!

message 4: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Dacyczyn (readsintrees) | 273 comments Kym beat me to it! It's definitely Treasure at the Heart of the Tanglewood.

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Meierotto | 2 comments Thanks Kym and Jamie!