Booktube Reads #mglit discussion

Read - Along (s) > The Penderwicks on Gardam Street (The Penderwicks, #2)

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Akoss (new)

Akoss | 113 comments Mod
Here is the thread for book 2

message 2: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Meadows (lizziefaye) | 76 comments I started reading this today because I realized that it was due at the library and couldn't be renewed any more. So after finishing another book, I picked it up. I'm about 60 pages in so far and it's really good. In this one, it has been suggested that it's time for dad to date, which meets with a variety of reactions from the girls.
There is also a fun scene of Skye and Jane at their soccer game.
This book takes place in the fall right after their summer at Arundel, so September is the perfect time to read this book.

message 3: by Akoss (new)

Akoss | 113 comments Mod
Elizabeth wrote: "I started reading this today because I realized that it was due at the library and couldn't be renewed any more. So after finishing another book, I picked it up. I'm about 60 pages in so far and it..."

I have a handful of must read books I need to get out of the way, but as soon as I'm done with them I will be back in Penderwick land. Probably in November since I'm slow!

message 4: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Meadows (lizziefaye) | 76 comments Will it be a reread or first time for this one?

message 5: by Akoss (new)

Akoss | 113 comments Mod
Elizabeth wrote: "Will it be a reread or first time for this one?"
This one and the spring one will be first time reads for me.

message 6: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Meadows (lizziefaye) | 76 comments I finished this a few minutes ago and I have to say that I think I liked this one even more than the first one. It's so simple. It's a story about the Penderwicks at home and is a slice out of their everyday life. If I had to describe it in one word it would be "delightful."
I will say that the outcome is very predictable, but the journey to get there is so eventful and wonderful. I love the dynamic between the sisters. I feel like I got to know them better in this story. Maybe it was because I listened to the first book on audio and this one I read in print.
The main story line is about their father starting to date again, but there is another storyline about Jane and Skye trading homework which was fantastic.
So Akoss hurry up with the Red Pyramid already and read this book!!!!