The Challenge Factory discussion

♦SS Archives♦ > R8: SS Team 1 for the Money (1)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 186 (186 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Ezi, Factory Superintendent (last edited Aug 05, 2016 08:40AM) (new)

Ezi Chinny (ezinwanyi) | 16430 comments Mod
Team 1 Members
Captain
Sunshine✰✰✰
Kay (Brigidsmomma)
Shelby
Donna
Delitealex ~Michelle~
 photo free pass coupon_zps20gbwtrs.jpg

message 2: by Ezi, Factory Superintendent (last edited Jul 11, 2016 08:38AM) (new)

Helpful Links:

Dice Roll (2 dice on Fridays US Central Time)
Post Your Spot
Discussion Thread

message 3: by Ezi, Factory Superintendent (last edited Jul 12, 2016 10:51AM) (new)

ALTERNATE LIST:
Each number corresponds with the spot on the board.
For colors: The cover has to be at least 50%
For locations: As long as the book takes part at all in the given location
For Shelves: Any book on the given shelf
For Publication Years: I'll be using how GR has it's publication date listed.
For Authors Names: The first, middle, or last name of the author is ok.
For Cover Items: Must have the given item on the cover
For Titles: Only the first word of the title. A, An, And, and The do not count.
So if the letter is B: The Best Day would be ok. Dear Betty would not be ok.

**5 links where gotten from RRRC's Let's Partner Up! challenge which I am currently enjoying**

1. Title D
2. Cover: Black
3. Goodreads Choice Awards 2015
4. England
5. I Saw the Movie & Read the Book
6. Cover Item Vehicle
7. Author M
8. The Ultimate List of Fighter Romance
9. California
10. Cover Purple
11. 2001
12. Title L
13. Author J
14. Cover Item Weapon
15. Goodreads Choice Awards 2014
16. Texas
17. New Release in 2016
18. Cover: Gray/Silver
19. Geek/Nerd/Genuis Romance
20. Cover Item Food/Drink
21. Title W
22. Best Book Boyfriends
23. Author H
24. Tattoos
25. Released the month you rolled (year doesn't matter)
26. Science Fiction
27. Cover: Orange
28. Athletes or Sports. This link might help Athletes, Sport stars etc
29. Title T
30. Cover Item Water
31. Author L
32. Mental Illness
33. On Teammate's shelf
34. Cover: Red
35. Law Enforcement/Military
36. Audiobooks
37. Title B
38. Cover Item Building(s)
39. Amazon 2016 Bestsellers
40. Artist/Dancer/Musician
41. Enemies to lovers (must state how book qualifies i.e. listopia or precis)
42. Friendship
43. Road trip
44. Sequel in a series you've already started. Must have read a book in that series already.
45. Freebies
46. New to me Author
47. Humor
48. New York
49. Author I
50. Fairy Tale Retellings
51. Man Protagonist
52. Favorite Author
53. Title R
54. Cover Item: 2 or more People
55. Tagged DNF
56. Second chance love (must state how book qualifies i.e. listopia or precis)
57. Florida
58. White
59. Goodreads Choice Awards 2012
60. Title S
61. Cover Item An Animal
62. Author Z
63. Best Book Ever
64. Title E
65. College
66. Mexico
67. Beautiful covers
68. Cover: Green
69. Priority Reads
70. Cowboy (girl) take me Away (western)
71. Historical (fiction, nonfiction, romance etc)
72. Author S
73. suspense thriller
74. Multi-Colored (3 or More Colors)
75. 2009
76. Has at least one child
77. Title C
78. Cover Item No People
79. Author A
80. Standalones
81. Europe
82. Cover: Yellow/Gold
83. LGBT
84. I Don't Understand All That Fuss
85. Title M
86. Cover Item Moon
87. Author F
88. Amnesia/Memory loss (temporary, real, faked)
89. Reader's choice
90. Cover: Blue
91. 2013
92. Author E
93. Title G
94. Cover Item Weapon(s)
95. Detective
96. Non-caucasian author
97. Illinois
98. Cover: Purple
99. Character has a pet
100. Amazing
(view spoiler)

message 4: by Kay (Brigidsmomma) (last edited Jul 11, 2016 07:44AM) (new)

Kay (Brigidsmomma) Compton (brigidsmomma) | 565 comments Well, imagine that! I'm on team 1 again! Just so you all know who I am, I'm Kay, aka Brigidsmomma, the crazy greyhound lady who spends most of her time reading. I am disabled and pretty much homebound, so reading is my big escape. Look forward to playing this round and meeting all my cool teammates.

message 5: by Shelby (new)

Shelby (stang_lee) | 982 comments Hi everybody! I'm about to crash for the night as I've got to be up early tomorrow for a meeting, but just wanted to stop in and say hi. :)

Kay (Brigidsmomma) Compton (brigidsmomma) | 565 comments Hey all, we have only a few days until this challenge starts and we need to get a few things done: Decide on a name for our team, pick a team captain, introduce ourselves and figure in any vacay requests to give to Ezi. I do not have any vacation needs, how about the rest of you all?

Kay (Brigidsmomma) Compton (brigidsmomma) | 565 comments Got a couple of team name suggestions:

1st and Foremost
1 for the Money
1 and Only

message 8: by Delitealex (new)

Delitealex | 542 comments Hey team :)

I like 1 for the money

Kay (Brigidsmomma) Compton (brigidsmomma) | 565 comments Welcome Delitealex! Glad to see someone else here as well!

message 10: by Shelby (new)

Shelby (stang_lee) | 982 comments I'm always good with any name suggestion. 1 for the Money works for me as well. Honestly my time right now is limited sign in wise, I'd rather not be captain if someone else can take it on.

Kay (Brigidsmomma) Compton (brigidsmomma) | 565 comments I am playing both challenges, and may end up being Captain in the SSS, so would prefer to not be captain here as well. That would be just too confusing...

message 12: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Overtoom I like 1 for the money as well. Due to the fact that I will be out of town for the next week and a half, I would rather not be team captain.

Sunshine✰✰✰ | 687 comments Hi Team! 1 For The Money seems to be the choice for name. :-)

I can be captain if Delitealex doesn't want to, but please bear with me and feel free to PM me if I forget to roll. I will not feel harassed! :-D (but, so you're not discouraged, I put a big, bolded, hot pink note on my challenge spreadsheet!)

Kay (Brigidsmomma) Compton (brigidsmomma) | 565 comments Welcome to Jessica and Sunshine! Sounds like we all agree that we are now Team 1 for the Money. I'd say that you can be team captain Sunshine. Please let Ezi know so that she can fix our team name and help you set up as captain. We can all help to remind you of stuff if you need us to.

message 15: by Delitealex (new)

Delitealex | 542 comments I'm good with Sunshine being Captain

message 16: by Delitealex (new)

Delitealex | 542 comments I can't wait to see what we get for our first roll

Sunshine✰✰✰ | 687 comments The days are going slow! I can't wait to start either!

Kay (Brigidsmomma) Compton (brigidsmomma) | 565 comments Sunshine, we're waiting on a roll!

Kay (Brigidsmomma) Compton (brigidsmomma) | 565 comments Since it's already 7 am on the 15Th and we haven't heard from Sunshine yet, I went ahead and rolled. We have an 8 and are on Spot 8 for week one. I will post this to the SS Post your Spot list as well. Have fun finding good books everyone!

Sunshine✰✰✰ | 687 comments You beat me to it. I was just getting ready to post my roll. :-)

It's 8:30 Friday am my time. I am not able to get on the computer any earlier than 8 am in the mornings.

Kay (Brigidsmomma) Compton (brigidsmomma) | 565 comments If you need me to do the roll at midnight. I probably can, but you will need to post it to the post your spot with the previous week's reviews...

Sunshine✰✰✰ | 687 comments I can do that

message 23: by Delitealex (new)

Delitealex | 542 comments If needed I can do the rolls at midnight :) I'm usually up

Kay (Brigidsmomma) Compton (brigidsmomma) | 565 comments Delitealex wrote: "If needed I can do the rolls at midnight :) I'm usually up"

It would probably be better if you could do them, and I will fill in if you let me know you can't be up a certain night...

message 25: by Kay (Brigidsmomma) (last edited Jul 15, 2016 11:07PM) (new)

Kay (Brigidsmomma) Compton (brigidsmomma) | 565 comments Week 1, Selection post:

Spot:8

Criteria: 8th in Series

Selection: Lady Justice and the Watchers (Lady Justice #8) by Robert Thornhill

Pages: 208

Start Date: 7/16/16

End Date:

Rating:

Final Thoughts:

message 26: by Sunshine✰✰✰ (last edited Jul 22, 2016 03:28AM) (new)

Sunshine✰✰✰ | 687 comments Week 1 - Roll 8; Space 8
Review Posts

Sunshine✰✰✰ - (#8) Forbidden Pleasure - Post 33
Kay (Brigidsmomma) - (#8) Lady Justice and the Watchers - Post 32
Shelby - (Alt.) Fight - Post 36
Jessica - (#8) Nevermore
Delitealex - (Alt.) Phenomenal X - Post 33

message 27: by Sunshine✰✰✰ (last edited Jul 15, 2016 08:45AM) (new)

Sunshine✰✰✰ | 687 comments I will read Forbidden Pleasure (Bound Hearts, #8) by Lora Leigh (Bound Hearts, #8)

Kay (Brigidsmomma) Compton (brigidsmomma) | 565 comments Sunshine✰✰✰ wrote: "Week 1 - Roll 8; Space 8
Review Posts

Sunshine✰✰✰ - Forbidden Pleasure
Kay (Brigidsmomma) - Aunt Bessie's Holiday
Shelby -
Jessica -
Delitealex -"

Sunshine, I am changing my book. I have read Aunt Bessie's Holiday once already, and just can't repeat it this soon. I'll be reading Lady Justice and the Watchers (Lady Justice #8) by Robert Thornhill instead...

message 29: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Overtoom I am going to read Nevermore by James Patterson. It is the 8th book in the Maximum ride series. Unfortunately, my time on the computer is up, so I'll add the cover tomorrow before I leave.

Sunshine✰✰✰ | 687 comments my internet and cable was out alllll day yesterday. :( Everything is finally up and working this morning, but hubby is hogging the computer. As soon as I can get on I will update my book post.

message 31: by Shelby (last edited Jul 17, 2016 01:23PM) (new)

Shelby (stang_lee) | 982 comments Week 1: (8 - The Ultimate List of Fighter Romance) - Fight - 243pgs/GR

Fight by Kelly Wyre

Kay (Brigidsmomma) Compton (brigidsmomma) | 565 comments Week 1, Completion post:

Spot:8

Criteria: 8th in Series

Selection: Lady Justice and the Watchers (Lady Justice #8) by Robert Thornhill

Pages: 208

Start Date: 7/16/16

End Date: 7/17/16

Rating: 4 Stars

Final Thoughts:

This was a different book. Required lots of deep thought on my part, regarding the subject matter at hand; how much technology in the hands of government is a good thing? Lots of good questions raised about how aware are we of what all happens with all the data that is collected by our online/smartphone/GPS driven lives, and just who is collecting all that data and for what purpose? Good read, a little uncomfortable, but maybe that is a good thing...

Sunshine✰✰✰ | 687 comments Week 1 - Roll 8; Space 8
Forbidden Pleasure (Bound Hearts, #8) by Lora Leigh
Book: Forbidden Pleasure by Lora Leigh
Read: 7/19/16
Rating: ★★★

Review:

It was an easy enough read but found myself annoyed by the repetitiveness by the end. Every time Keiley gets mad, Mac and/or Jethro just smirks and takes off their clothes. I thought the "hard life" back stories were a little silly and made me want to yell at them to get over it. And, seriously, I'm sure you can come up with a new word other than "womb" all the time.

I wish the suspense twist storyline was a bit stronger in the story. It would of helped cut through all the sex, but I guess that's what people read this for.

Sunshine✰✰✰ | 687 comments Just wanted to give you guys a heads up that I am going away for the weekend and we are leaving pretty early Friday morning. I will have access over the weekend but only through my phone, so I will still check in on our new roll. I will keep an eye on the chat and post our check in if all reviews are in before we leave.

Sunshine✰✰✰ | 687 comments Hey Delitealex, You haven't checked in yet since our roll so I just wanted to make sure you picked your book.

message 36: by Shelby (new)

Shelby (stang_lee) | 982 comments Week 1
Fight by Kelly Wyre
Fight by Kelly Wyre
How Fits: #278 on Ultimate List of Fighter Romance

Read: (7/19)

Rating: ★★★★½

The first chapter of this book had me a little nervous since Nathan is in such a dark place and living so dangerously with his choices. I wasn't sure I was going to like where things were going. But as soon as Fury entered the scene things definitely picked up for me. The connection between these two men was intense. The sparks fairly flew between these two from the minute they met.

I think what made this book so strong, a solid 4.5 stars, is that both men are in a dark place and it's meeting each other that gives them the strength to start to move on. It's seeing the light at the end of their tunnels that allows them to start to claw their way to a viable place in society. I felt for both these guys and the parts of themselves they've pushed down and hid in order to survive in the world. While Fury's past was definitely more truly life threatening, everything that Nathan had worked for in his life was threatened by his reality.

There was a lot of tension and angst built into this story but it built validity into the rising passion between these two men. Everything had a real immediacy.

All in all a really enjoyable read.

message 37: by Delitealex (new)

Delitealex | 542 comments Sunshine✰✰✰ wrote: "Hey Delitealex, You haven't checked in yet since our roll so I just wanted to make sure you picked your book."

I picked Phenomenal X (Hard Knocks, #1) by Michelle A. Valentine from the fighter list

message 38: by Delitealex (new)

Delitealex | 542 comments I'll be finished before time to roll :)

message 39: by Delitealex (last edited Jul 21, 2016 08:24PM) (new)

Delitealex | 542 comments Phenomenal X (Hard Knocks, #1) by Michelle A. Valentine
Phenomenal X by Michelle A. Valentine
Read: 7/21
Rating: 4 stars
Fits: #26 on ultimate fighter romance list

I wasn't sure I was gonna like Xavier but ended up liking him. The characters were funny I especially liked Quinn Anna's cousin. I loved the chemistry between X and Anna they were very intense. I can't wait to see what happens next in the series.

Sunshine✰✰✰ | 687 comments It's Roll Day! Yay!

Jessica, how are you coming along on your book?

Sunshine✰✰✰ | 687 comments Team: We are just waiting for Jessica to post her review and then we can roll.

Unfortunately, I am now heading out the door for the weekend and will only have phone app access, so I can't post links. I have different Series options on my Kindle so I am ready to read anything!

Kay (Brigidsmomma) Compton (brigidsmomma) | 565 comments So, now that it's SATURDAY midnight, we still haven't heard from Jessica, and we can't roll until she's got a review in? Kinda puts the whole team behind the eightball, doncha think? Sorry to be so snarky, but I have been looking forward to playing in this challenge again after the great time I had in Round 7, and I really feel let down.

Sunshine✰✰✰ | 687 comments No, I agree. I have sent a message to her and the Mod.

message 44: by Ezi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Okay team. I sent Her a message yesterday and I haven't heard back. Plus she hasn't been on goodreads in a week.
Go Ahead and roll and I will add a replacement player in the next couple of days.

message 45: by Ezi, Factory Superintendent (last edited Jul 23, 2016 03:30PM) (new)

Adding Donna to replace Jessica

message 46: by Donna, Chief Inspector (last edited Jul 23, 2016 03:15PM) (new)

Donna (dkflynn33) | 752 comments Mod
Hi everyone! So can someone bring me up to speed? I have played before so I just need to know what we rolled. I want to get started as I know I have a rough week this week. My son has day camp this week, and since he has ADHD so do I. That will minimize my reading time this week.

message 47: by Ezi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Donna wrote: "Hi everyone! So can someone bring me up to speed? I have played before so I just need to know what we rolled. I want to get started as I know I have a rough week this week. My son has day camp this..."

They haven't rolled yet since they are missing a player but they will roll shortly

message 48: by Kay (Brigidsmomma) (last edited Jul 23, 2016 05:09PM) (new)

Kay (Brigidsmomma) Compton (brigidsmomma) | 565 comments New Roll is 11.

Old Spot was 8

That means New Spot = 19

So choices are:
1st in Series
9th in Series
19th in Series
Standalone or
Alternate choice is :
Geek/Nerd/Genius Romance (see link above)

Let's get reading!

message 49: by Ezi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Everyone make sure to say hi to the new member

Kay (Brigidsmomma) Compton (brigidsmomma) | 565 comments Hi Donna! Good to see you here! Hope camp goes well for you and your son this week!

« previous 1 3 4