Pick-a-Shelf discussion

Archive - Games > 2016 Goodreads Olympic Games (Jul-Oct)

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tien (new)

Tien (tiensblurb) | 8736 comments Mod
We have been invited to be part of an amazing reading challenge based on the 2016 Olympics (being hosted in Rio de Janeiro).

We have six great groups hosting the 2016 Goodreads Olympic games.

Feel free to stop by any of the groups, see what they're about and join them if you'd like!

A Million More Pages (AMMP)
AMMP Game Night
Gotta Have Romance with a Kick
My Vampire Book Obsession
Historical Fictionistas
Pick a Shelf

Follow this link HERE to the Meet Your Hosts page.

**PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THIS CHALLENGE WILL BE TAKING PLACE IN A SEPARATE GROUP, YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO JOIN THE 2016 GOODREADS OLYMPIC GAMES GROUP TO TAKE PART**

We hope to see you there!

message 2: by Karin (last edited Jul 10, 2016 05:26PM) (new)

Karin | 807 comments Okay, I signed up even though it's summer and I usually avoid thses sorts of things. I hope I don't have to read any vampire books or too much romance given two of the group names.

message 3: by Tien (last edited Jul 10, 2016 05:33PM) (new)

Karin wrote: "Okay, I signed up even though it's summer and I usually avoid thses sorts of things. I hope I don't have to read any vampire books or too much romance given two of the group names."

I don't think you do, Karin... if you check the Olympics groups, you can view the tasks for each Event and I reckon there's enough diversity to cater to everybody's tastes :)

And yay!! Good luck with the challenge!

message 4: by Karin (new)

Karin | 807 comments Tien wrote: "Karin wrote: "Okay, I signed up even though it's summer and I usually avoid thses sorts of things. I hope I don't have to read any vampire books or too much romance given two of the group names."

..."

Okay, not going to worry about it. I will have enough computer and reading time as I wait for my kids and once my middle one starts community college (a good one) and I have to wait there for her.

message 5: by Tien (new)

Parents' lives! all the waiting lol

message 6: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 1099 comments Signed up too! Looking forward to it :0)

Dogsandbooksanddogsandbooks How do I link my profile to sign up for the Olympic Challenge? Thanks in advance.

message 8: by Tien (new)

Debi, on the right hand corner of your screen, you can see your avi. Hover your mouse over it and a menu will pop up. Click on 'View your Profile'. It will take you to your profile. Copy the html and that's what you need to provide on the sign up.

hope that helps :)

message 9: by Amy (new)

Amy | 2149 comments I'm in too.

message 10: by Tien (new)

Amy wrote: "I'm in too."

woohoo! It's gonna be such fun!

message 11: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 1370 comments I signed up in Google Docs but haven't heard anything...I thought I was going to get an invite to the group?

message 12: by Tien (new)

You don't need an invite, D.G.
You actually need to spin for your colour & read a book with 50% of that cover... Go to the opening ceremony thread: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

The sign up form will be used to sort teams/countries but spin the wheel for your colour.

message 13: by Charity (last edited Jul 15, 2016 11:44AM) (new)

Charity | 546 comments I signed up to. I rolled Red.