Special Something: A Roleplay discussion

Off-Campus > Starbucks

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

For the basic bitches.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Mika nodded empathetically as her sister spoke, sliding into the chair across from her and setting her car keys down on the table. "I know," she said. "I guess we know that good ol' Mrs. Dorfman never changes, though. You know Robbie? Dreadlocks Robbie? Fell asleep every. single. day. in her class."

But for Mika? Anything out of the ordinary? Well. Normally, now, Mika probably wouldn't tell someone. But Emi? Emi was different. They were tight in the way only sisters can be. "I was asked out," she said after taking a bite of muffin. "Some jock. Never met him before. He challenged me to get something off the top shelf of my locker, then asked me out."

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

"She'd get so angry about it, too," Mika said, leaning in like this was just a little secret between them. Every time it happened, she'd throw a marker at him and she'd be like, 'Robert Walker! You will get nowhere if you fall asleep during history class, young man!' And -- oh man -- when he told her he'd committed to Harvard, she flipped, holy shit." This time, Mika couldn't help but laugh.

"Yeah," she said, "it's new, alright. He seems alright, though. I think he's on the baseball team? Though," she leaned in, lowering her voice, "I'm not going to lie, he seems kinda dumb."

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

"Oh, I know," Mika said. She tilted her head to the side, thinking about it. "You know, come to think of it, I don't think I remember anything from her class. Just the basic stuff. You know, Washington is first, Lincoln freed the slaves, Taft was fat as fuck."

She paused, taking a sip of her London Fog. "He was just -- smiling. A lot. Clueless? Definitely clueless. I mean, who asks the person who hits them with a giant textbook out? That's weird," she added. "And his name is Jack? I think he had a brother who went through a couple years ago." The hot one, her mind supplied helpfully. The pizza one.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

"Right?" Mika nodded empathetically; for all that she and Emi might have had differing interests, they were more alike than most realized. "Like, there are fifty states. That's too many to care about where people come from. I mean, really."

Mika pulled a face. "I really don't know why. Honestly, if someone hit me with a textbook, I'd just hit them right back," she said. She paused, thinking about it for a moment. "Hm. I guess he's pretty cute. Cute enough, anyway."

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Boring? That sounded just about right. Mika nodded empathetically. "It is, though. Sophomore year? In one ear and out the other, honestly," she said. Honestly, she couldn't even remember most of the past year's curriculum.

"A cake? Come on, it's not that big of a deal," Mika said. "I mean, is it that surprising that a guy asked me out?" She paused, and then laughed. "Okay, maybe it is. But I think we should get a cake just to get a cake. And he's not a midget. He's—" she couldn't help but flush a little; she was pretty sure her sister would laugh if she told her that the guy was at least a foot taller than her "—tall. Very tall."