Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1)
This topic is about Throne of Glass
BUDDY READS: ARCHIVED > Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass #1) by Sarah J. Maas → Start Date: August 12, 2016

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Katriann (annelisreadingroom) | 2192 comments Join me and Pragati in reading Throne of Glass.

Whitney (MomsBooksandBaubles) (momsbooksandbaubles) | 157 comments I hope you guys like this as much as I did! I've read the first two, I'm waiting on some more people to catch up before I read the third!

Matty | 475 comments I would like to join (:

Katriann (annelisreadingroom) | 2192 comments Yeah, I hope we like it too Whitney :)

@Matty, welcome. It's nice to have more people to read with. :)

message 5: by Raya (new) - added it

Raya | 37 comments I'd like to join! I can't wait to finally read something from Sarah J. Maas!

Katriann (annelisreadingroom) | 2192 comments Yay, you're welcome to join us Raya. :)

Chelsea Morrison (chelsealouise07) I'd love to join! I've been wanting to read this. :)

Katriann (annelisreadingroom) | 2192 comments Great @Chelsea. Welcome.

Chelsea Morrison (chelsealouise07) Thanks, Katriann!

message 10: by Raya (last edited Jul 31, 2016 11:20AM) (new) - added it

Raya | 37 comments Hi everyone, I was wondering if there was a set in stone reading schedule or an estimated end date. Anything is appreciated, thanks!

Katriann (annelisreadingroom) | 2192 comments No, nothing like that. We just have the starting date. I guess the ending date depends on how fast people are able to read. Some of us may have more time to read than the others, so the ending dates may vary a little.

message 12: by Raya (new) - added it

Raya | 37 comments Okay, thanks Katriann!

Grace Meredith (koreantrash) Oh, I hope you love this. One of my favorite series of all time.

Katriann (annelisreadingroom) | 2192 comments Thanks Grace Meredith

Katriann (annelisreadingroom) | 2192 comments Can't wait to star this tomorrow. :) Are you guys ready to start this too? I'll be going to country side for the weekend and I may not be able to get online a lot. If I can't post comments over the weekend, I'll post them once I'll get back home on Monday.

I checked that there are 55 chapters in this book, so I'm planning to get back and leave comments after every 15 chapters or so. :)

Matty | 475 comments I'll won't be able to start this until Sunday, I'm out of town at the moment

Katriann (annelisreadingroom) | 2192 comments That's fine Matty. You'll just start when you can. :)

Pragati I'm going to start reading this tomorrow. I was a little disappointed with A Court of Thorns and Roses, I hope I like this one better :)

Katriann (annelisreadingroom) | 2192 comments 15 CHAPTERS

I like the story so far. (view spoiler)

Chaol & Dorian. (view spoiler)

The writing (view spoiler)

Chelsea Morrison (chelsealouise07) I'll be starting this weekend. Sorry guys, I got caught up in getting ready for school. I hope you all are enjoying it! ♥

message 21: by Pragati (last edited Aug 16, 2016 01:14PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Pragati Finished 15 chapters

Calaena (view spoiler)

Chaol and Dorian (view spoiler)

(view spoiler)

Katriann (annelisreadingroom) | 2192 comments Oh yeah Pragati, (view spoiler)

message 23: by Pragati (last edited Aug 18, 2016 11:19AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Pragati @Katriann- I know right!

Finished 30 chapters
The story so far (view spoiler)

Calaena, Dorian & Chaol (view spoiler)

Katriann (annelisreadingroom) | 2192 comments 30 CHAPTERS

@Pragati (view spoiler)

I think this story is (view spoiler)

I don't why, (view spoiler)

The tests (view spoiler)

message 25: by Pragati (last edited Aug 19, 2016 12:18AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Pragati @Katriann I completely agree. (view spoiler)

message 26: by Katriann (last edited Aug 23, 2016 01:18AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Katriann (annelisreadingroom) | 2192 comments 45 CHAPTERS

I'm starting to really like (view spoiler)

I think it's kind of annoying (view spoiler)

I'm happy that (view spoiler)

I hate (view spoiler)

Pragati Finished 45 chapters

I don't understand (view spoiler)

I was surprised (view spoiler)

I too hate (view spoiler)

Katriann (annelisreadingroom) | 2192 comments Yes Pragati, (view spoiler)

message 29: by Pragati (last edited Aug 29, 2016 11:01AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Pragati I finished the book too @Katriann
And I hope you're enjoying your vacation :)

I liked (view spoiler)

I didn't understand (view spoiler)

I knew (view spoiler)

I think it was nice book, an easy read but I don't think it was worth all the hype.

Katriann (annelisreadingroom) | 2192 comments Okay, I'm finally back home so here are my final thoughts on the book.

I agree with you Pragati (view spoiler)

I would like to know more (view spoiler)

I wonder if (view spoiler)

About Dorian and Chaol...(view spoiler)

Pragati Most of the (view spoiler)

I like(view spoiler)

So, Katriann are you going to read the next book in this series?

Katriann (annelisreadingroom) | 2192 comments Yes, I think I will read the next book. How about you? Are you planning to read it?

Pragati I don't think so. There are way too many book in this series anyway so I don't feel like continuing. And I didn't like this book enough to read the next one.