What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Fiction, takes place in New Brunswick, or east coast, girl finds a fairy circle, the fairies take her to a different world (possibly Avalon) [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kieran (new)

Kieran | 2 comments Okay, so this is a book that I read when I was younger, probably around the year 2012. I'm not sure when it was published... likely mid to late nineties, as I found it in the school library. The title caught my eye as it was something intriguing, but other than that I have no more details. I have a few concrete details about the plot, but most are pretty fuzzy, so here we go...

This girl, and I think her sibling, visits their family (possibly grand parents) in new Brunswick. it was definitely the east coast, maybe not NB. As they start to settle in the girl goes out walking and gets lost, She comes across a small brook with a bunch of moss and nature stuff, she comes back to it a couple times, this I know for sure. at some point she had a hard time finding it even when she went back to the exact spot, I don't know the details of that event exactly though.
Now here's where it all gets really fuzzy, so bare with me... she eventually get abducted or willingly goes with the fairies (I think they were called fae in this book) the fairies take her to avalon, where she does stuff...

I really cant remember anymore detail, but I hope someone can help me out. Thanks in advance, I've given a very hard task...

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36076 comments Mod
Kieran, how old is the girl? Is there any romance?

Location - definitely the east coast of Canada or perhaps the U.S.?

message 4: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 5054 comments Maybe, The Hidden World The Hidden World by Alison Baird ?

Do you remember the cover? Time period story takes place? Part of a series?

What country were you in when you read this book? Language?

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36076 comments Mod
Tab's suggestion of The Hidden World by Alison Baird looks promising. Books.google.com only offers a snippet view of this book, but it contains words like:

- she was lost, moss, brook, circle, fae, fairy-led, fairy paths, Newfoundland, Avalon

https://books.google.ca/books?redir_e...

message 6: by Kieran (new)

Kieran | 2 comments Yes!! it was the Hidden World. Thank you so much to everyone who helped with that.... it has been bothering me for so long that I thought maybe I was hallucinating and it didn't actually exist!