What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > childrens book boy (think its a am i dreaming/am i awake style) and a creature makes him pancakes with blueberries.

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christina (new)

Christina | 17 comments Right, looking for a paperback book i read around 2004-2008 as a child.
I think the boy wakes up and had a sortof 'dream adventure'

I think he finds a castle and meets someone who wants to escape (i think he either finds his dad or a Princess?) and he has to do some random stuff to get a key and its quite a confusing world for him, not very logical.

At first i think the people in the castle are nice to him but theyre sortof tricking him to think hes safe but they want to trap him there i think.

I'm having a hard time searching for it because the only detail i really remember clearly is that the boy meets some creature in the forest, some kind of friendly goblin/dwarf/elf whatever who i think lives in a tree and has a little garden. Anyway the creature makes him pancakes with blueberries snd blueberry jam and i think this happens a few times.
At some point i think the kid feels sick becayse the blueberries remind him of some blue eyes he saw in the castle i think and he panics a bit.. I'm not sure if the creature actually turns out to be bad in the end.

I'm sorry this is a bit confusing but it was such a long time ago. I think he was wearing pajamas and he escapes back to bed in the end.

message 2: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 5054 comments Anything about the cover?
Part of a series?
Chapter book or picture book?
Time period/location story takes place?

What country were you in when you read this book? Language?

message 3: by Christina (new)

Christina | 17 comments Don't remember anything about the cover and i dont think there were pictures.. Perhaps black wnd white small ones like in Alice.

I was in england, it was an English book i believe and I'm fairly sure it was set here.

I wish i could remember more but its just that quite vague memory about the blueberry pancakes!

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40097 comments Mod
Christina, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 5: by Christina (new)

Christina | 17 comments No i'm still looking. I would really like to read this one again, i wish i could remember more detail!

message 6: by Kris (last edited Jun 17, 2019 09:30AM) (new)

Kris | 36026 comments Mod
A guess - The Land of Long Ago by Elsa Beskow? There are different cover images.
(Google search - site:www.goodreads.com childrens fantasy blueberry castle "a key")

Christina, is this a picture book (about 32-48 pages) or a chapter book with mostly words (and some illustrations)?

message 7: by Christina (new)

Christina | 17 comments I don't remember i feel like there were illustrations as i remember a boy in his pajamas i think after he gets home he wonders if it was real or a dream. I think he has to find a key to leave. I keep thinking maybe it was a tv movie type thing and I'm just imaging that i read it. It was so long ago!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Land of Long Ago (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Elsa Beskow (other topics)