Beta Reader Group discussion

Betas Offering FREE Services > Beta reader/ Editor/ Quick Turn Around: All Romance/Erotica/Fiction

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rosa (new)

Rosa P (RosaPonton) | 3 comments I am an aspiring editor who is looking to gain some experience beta reading. I am happy to offer both beta reading and editing services. I am open to all genres, but I am best versed in romantic fiction.

I am a writer, poet, and editor who is an avid and passionate reader. I am in my last year of my MFA in Creative Writing. I also have Bachelor's degrees in English and Spanish and a Master's degree in Spanish. My main job now is teaching Spanish online at a university.

If you would like to know more about me or have anything you would like to me to read or edit, please send me a message or an email at rosap@vt.edu. I would greatly appreciate it, and hope I can help you as much as you will help me!

message 2: by Erin (new)

Erin Holland | 8 comments Rosa wrote: "I am an aspiring editor who is looking to gain some experience beta reading. I am happy to offer both beta reading and editing services. I am open to all genres, but I am best versed in romantic fi..."

If you are still looking for books to read, I am in need of a beta reader. The story is a twisted romance, quasi crime novella.
Erin

message 3: by Johanna (new)

Johanna Bordeaux | 13 comments I'm a published author and former editor in desperate need of a beta reader. The book is halfway through and contemporary romance/romantic comedy.

Must enjoy or at least not dislike Jane Austen, otherwise I'd be wasting your time.

Please let me know if you are interested.

Thanks!
Susan/Johanna

message 4: by Jeanie (new)

Jeanie (jeanielong) | 62 comments Hi Johanna. I am Jane's biggest fan....
Would you be interested in a swap? Mine is a contemporary romance that teeters on literary and it runs about 150k words. However id be willing to do a word for word swap.
Jeanie

message 5: by Johanna (new)

Johanna Bordeaux | 13 comments Hi Jeanie!

Do you mean that in intensity or poundage?

I would love to swap; however, I am currently disabled due to an unrelenting (24/7) severe migraine with neurological auras like aphasia and agnosia that began in the fall of 2013. My ability to do anything is limited to my good days and good hours. I won't be able to give you what I used to do--a professional job with editing simply by rote.

I've only got 34,000 words so far, but reading is much easier for me than writing or even talking to people. Writing with aphasia is like walking half blind through a dense forest at night. I lose the concept of communicating through language. I get stuck because, while I might have something clearly laid out, there is no translation available between thoughts and words.

Still, what I have is mostly coherent. If you're willing to read what I've got and let me know what makes sense plus your other responses, I'm all for it. I'm still a more than competent beta reader, I just may not be all that fast at turn-around times for someone who theoretically does nothing.

Johanna/
susan@franzblauhypnosis.com

message 6: by Jeanie (new)

Jeanie (jeanielong) | 62 comments Johanna, Id like to think my manuscript is as intense as it is weighty. Lol.
I will pm you.
Jeanie

message 7: by Craig (new)

Craig Wilson | 7 comments Rosa wrote: "I am an aspiring editor who is looking to gain some experience beta reading. I am happy to offer both beta reading and editing services. I am open to all genres, but I am best versed in romantic fi..."

Hi Rosa, Please let me know if you are available for beta reading. I have a 50K + word novel - quasi romance. I need another set of ears and eyes. Thank you.

message 8: by Antoinette (new)

Antoinette  Patterson (aipatterson) | 17 comments Hey! If you are still available to beta read, I have a 30k+ Erotic novella with elements of mafia and suspense, it's a master-slave relationship, and is quite intense.

message 9: by Andrew (new)

Andrew McQuinn (andrewmcquinn) | 6 comments Seeking a beta for my 80k m/m erotic romance with a navy sailor theme. Pm me if interested.

message 10: by Kristina (new)

Kristina Moore | 32 comments Hi, Are you taking on any new stories. I have an 85K steamy contemporary romance I need to have feedback on. Please PM to let me know if you are interested. tks

message 11: by B (new)

B P Baggett (bpbaggett) | 107 comments hello,
I am a Author that writes fantasy. I am looking for people to look through my books and help pick out the issues in the book. I you are interested pm me.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...

message 12: by Troy (new)

Troy Neenan | 34 comments Hi Rosa
Are you still open for Beta reading or is the thread closed?