Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Sci-fi Murder Mystery

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by William (new)

William Lange | 2 comments Sci-fi murder mystery, pulp/noir flair. No aliens, no spaceships. Tech subject, but not heavy. Finished novel--89K. Need to know what works, what doesn't.

message 2: by Holly (new)

Holly Jones | 2 comments Have you found someone to beta read your book yet? I think it sounds interesting :)

message 3: by William (new)

William Lange | 2 comments Holly wrote: "Have you found someone to beta read your book yet? I think it sounds interesting :)"

William wrote: "Sci-fi murder mystery, pulp/noir flair. No aliens, no spaceships. Tech subject, but not heavy. Finished novel--89K. Need to know what works, what doesn't."

Holly wrote: "Have you found someone to beta read your book yet? I think it sounds interesting :)"

Holly,
No, not yet. I read your profile and read a bit of your book. You are a fine writer, so I'd certainly love to have your opinion But here's something you need to know: This is a murder mystery first, gritty pulp fiction, and sci-fi second. It's set in the future at an undisclosed date (read your blog, couldn't agree more about dates). Lots of four letter words, one graphic murder/rape scene. I wouldn't want you to tackle it without knowing that. If it's a problem, no problem.

message 4: by Holly (new)

Holly Jones | 2 comments That's not a problem. There is one thing I should mention, though. Today I accepted a paid beta reading gig, so I might not be able to start reading yours for about a week. If you can't wait that long I understand. I just thought you should know. Let me know how you feel bout it.