Play Book Tag discussion

Archives 2016-2017 > summer reading challenge: final reminder

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jen (new)

Jen | 1545 comments There's one day left if anyone else wants to sign up for my summer reading challenge . I'll be announcing the teams tomorrow and then people can start planning with their teams. I've created at least one PBT team along with a bloggers team, Little Free Library team, etc. Let me know here or on the blog if you want to join and I'll add you to a team. If there are enough additional PBT members, I'll create a second PBT team.

It's a team reading challenge based on the summer olympics so you get to work with teams to come up with countries to sponsor but then prizes are largely individual so teams are more about support and meeting people.

Here's what you can win:

1. Grand prize: An awesome prize pack of 10 award-winning books & bookish tote bag to the person on the winning team with the highest number of points & $5 amazon gift card to each of the remaining members of the winning team. The winning member will be able to pick out their 10 books from among the winners of the following literary awards: National Book Award, National Book Critics Circle, Pulitzer Prize, PEN/Faulkner Award, Nobel Prize for Literature, Booker Prizes, Caldecott Medal, Commonwealth Writers’ Prize, Hugo Award, Nebula Award, Edgar Allan Poe Awards, or GoodReads Choice Award winners.
2. Consolation prize: $25 Amazon Gift Card to the person on second place team with the highest number of points
3. Overall prize: A personally curated box of bookish goodies (valued at a minimum of $50) for best overall individual performance across all teams. I will select a range of bookish goodies for you based on your answers to some questions. Trust me, it will be a worthy prize!
4. Takes one for the team prize: A literary poster (ships worldwide) of your choice from The Literary Company. Each team will be able to nominate one player from their team who “took one for the team.” This means a team member who volunteered to read a category no one else wanted to read (let’s face it some categories are tough) or someone who helped the team complete all categories.

message 2: by Susie (new)

Susie | 4488 comments So weird! Even when I try the link in the blog it takes me to my Goodreads challenge page!

message 3: by Jen (new)

Jen | 1545 comments Susie wrote: "So weird! Even when I try the link in the blog it takes me to my Goodreads challenge page!"

that is so weird. It doesn't happen for me. Do you want me to try and send it to you via private message?

message 4: by Susie (new)

Susie | 4488 comments I checked via my laptop and it works just fine. Weird that it happens with the app! I just had a read. What the heck. I'm in. :-)

message 5: by Jen (new)

Jen | 1545 comments Susie wrote: "I checked via my laptop and it works just fine. Weird that it happens with the app! I just had a read. What the heck. I'm in. :-)"

that's pretty funny. I have to try it from my phone and see. I have added you to the list. Can you send me your email as a private message so I can send you your team info tomorrow?

Thanks!

message 6: by Jen (new)

Jen | 1545 comments I need one more person. Anyone want to help out and join a group? It's fun!! At least it's fun watching teams figure it all out.

One team has a member who has been MIA and I need a replacement. You will join a team with two lovely ladies from PBT an two little free library stewards. And should that team win, I will donate money to the Little Free Library organization in addition to regular prizes.

It just started so you won't have missed out on anything major.

message 7: by Jen (new)

Jen | 1545 comments found someone! Spot has been filled. thanks all