What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

POSSIBLY SOLVED > adult fiction novel about a floating island named alora? alona?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (spaceandlines) (spaceandlines) | 4 comments I read this book a really long time ago, maybe 2008? i dont remember really any of the plot other than the fact that there was a lady trying to find?save? a floating island and there was some aspect of a romantic relationship involved with a guy she was working with? it wasnt a very long novel, but i do remember i found it in the adult fiction section of the library P: i think this counts as fantasy tho? but not high fantasy. the cover was mostly white with a "castle in the sky"-esque floating island centered on it.

I keep thinking the title is Alora but nothing is coming up. I think the title was one word? alskjfsd i really cant remember many details ><

Thank you guys so much!!! :)

message 2: by Anna (new)

Anna | 509 comments The House of Power (Atherton, #1) by Patrick Carman The House of Power? Its a part of Atherton series. The part about saving floating island fits, though main character is a man.

message 3: by Ellie (new)

Ellie | 4 comments Is it, Exodus?

message 4: by Ingo (new)

Ingo (ilembcke) | 630 comments Sounds interesting, just to be clear, is the island floating on Water or in the Air (as in the Castle in the Sky)?

message 6: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4070 comments Mod
Kelly, you can bump this thread every month or so to keep it close to the top of the list. More people will see it that way.

message 7: by Aroosha (new)

Aroosha (arooshaaf) | 14 comments Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones?

message 8: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36044 comments Mod
Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones - Aroosha's suggestion

message 9: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (spaceandlines) (spaceandlines) | 4 comments i think it was the floating islands loll im not sure? but thanks guys!!! :)

message 10: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36044 comments Mod
Kelly wrote: "i think it was the floating islands loll im not sure? but thanks guys!!! :)"

Here's a fairly lengthy preview -- https://books.google.com/books?id=7r8...