What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Suggest books for me > Partnership Turned Romance (similar to Sleepy Hollow TV Series)

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brooke (new)

Brooke | 15 comments I love the idea of partners working together turning romantic. Any suggestions are great, thanks!

message 2: by Crystal (new)

Crystal | 330 comments :P nearly all the books I've read fits this category:

Angelfall: YA dystopian romance. A girl reluctantly is forced to partner up with an angel to rescue her sister. They eventually fall for each other! One of my favourite books of all time

Six of Crows: YA fantasy/adventure. This story is about a group of six misfits coming together to complete an insane heist. It focuses much more on the adventure than the romance, but I'm telling you there are 3 different partnerships here that turn romantic

Magic Bites: An adult fantasy romance. A mercenary named Kate is investigating the murder of her guardian and is forced to partner up with the leader of the shapeshifters to catch the killer. They fall for each other!

message 3: by Jen (new)

Jen (lightreaper) | 17 comments Halfway to the Grave
Cat is a half human, half vampire who hunts vampires in hopes of finding her vamp father who raped her mother. Bones is a hot vampire bounty hunter. One night, both of them are in a same club. Cat tried to lure Bones and kill him but Bones captured her and offered her her freedom if she agreed to work with him in tracking and killing the blokes he hunts for years. The challenge in their partnership-turned-into-romance is Cat's prejudice in vampires but Bones is becoming as tempting as any man who breathes.
Shades of Wicked
(Halfway to the grave [night huntress] spin off)
Veritas is a vampire law guardian tracking a demon who owes her so much. She needs help, and so she went to the very not law abiding master vampire Ian who was branded by the demon she hunt. Together they'll track down the demon

message 4: by MJ (new)

MJ | 1398 comments Ghost Detective... I think he ends up connecting with his old police partner
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

message 5: by MJ (new)

MJ | 1398 comments Chloe Neill’s vamp series
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

message 6: by Jess (new)

Jess Myname | 137 comments Lady Derby mystery series by Anna Lee Hubert

I believe there are currently seven books in the series with another one set to come this year this series will keep you busy for a while.

message 7: by Jen (last edited Jul 17, 2021 04:09AM) (new)

Jen (lightreaper) | 17 comments A Deadly Education
Meet Me at Midnight
Hard Knox
Short for Chameleon
The Lies We Tell
Caraval

Haven't seen Sleepy Hollows but these books, including my earlier recommendations (halfway to the grave and shades of wicked), feature main characters pairing up for something.

Turns out I know quite a few on this trope :D