Linda Howard Book Junkies discussion

Deep Dark (Tracers, #10)
This topic is about Deep Dark
Archive > Deep Dark by Laura Griffin (#10 Tracer series)

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dee (new)

Dee Sauter (indeathaddict) | 7583 comments The moment detective Reed Novak steps onto the crime scene, he knows the case is going to rock his world. A beautiful young woman murdered at home. No sign of forced entry. No motive. She’s obviously not the killer’s first victim, and Reed’s instincts tell him she won’t be his last. Reed’s first clue comes via a mysterious text that links to a dating profile, but even more intriguing than the clue is the person who sent it.

As a white-hat hacker in the Delphi Center’s cyber investigation unit, Laney Knox sneaks into some of the deepest, darkest corners of the Internet looking for predators. Laney would prefer to stay away from Austin PD’s most recent murder case, but she can’t ignore the chilling similarities between that crime and her own brutal attack years ago. Laney offers to help the sexy lead detective, but he wants more from her than just a promising tip—Reed wants her trust. Laney resists, but as their relationship deepens she’s tempted to reveal the closely guarded secrets that could make her a key witness…or the killer’s next victim.

message 2: by Nancy (new) - added it

Nancy (gr-nancy-a) | 668 comments Ooh! Sounds good! I'll definitely have to read this one.

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1610 comments It is good. The contrasts and differences between Reed and Laney are really interesting to explore.

CD {Boulder Blvd} (boulderblvd) | 1047 comments I really like this one as well.

message 5: by Dee (new)

Dee Sauter (indeathaddict) | 7583 comments I am looking forward to this book, but also sad. This is the end (so far) of the Tracer series. I know their are other LG books, but...

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1610 comments Yes, this is the last book till January 31, 2017 (happy birthday to me) when At Close Range will be published. That is Scott Black's book. I can't wait!

message 7: by Dee (new)

Dee Sauter (indeathaddict) | 7583 comments What a cool birthday present. How long before the book is published are you able to get an ARC copy and are you able to get a copy?

Judy | 896 comments I picked up Deep Dark at my library last night. I, too, am sad that this is the last book to be available for a while. I checked to see what else Griffin has written and found The Borderline series which includes One Last Breath (The Borderline #1) by Laura Griffin and One Wrong Step (The Borderline, #2) by Laura Griffin . They have good ratings on Goodreads and sound good. Have you read them, Anita? From the copyright dates, it looks like these were the first books she had published.

CD {Boulder Blvd} (boulderblvd) | 1047 comments I haven't read One Last Breath, but I have read One Wrong Step and enjoyed it. Not quite as good as the Tracer Series, but it does have Griffin's romantic suspense style and I would recommend it.

message 10: by Judy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Judy | 896 comments CD {Boulder Blvd} wrote: "I haven't read One Last Breath, but I have read One Wrong Step and enjoyed it. Not quite as good as the Tracer Series, but it does have Griffin's romantic suspense style and I would recommend it."
Thanks for that information. I will look for them.

message 11: by Anita (last edited Jul 12, 2016 02:35PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1610 comments I haven't read the Borderline series yet. Need to do that. I usually get an ARC 2 to 3 months before publication. So I'll start looking for At Close Range (Tracers, #11) by Laura Griffin September - October. I like to read them the week before the publish date so I remember to post the review to Amazon. You can't post to Amazon until the publication date.

message 12: by Eve (last edited Jul 14, 2016 04:32AM) (new)

Eve (everf) | 816 comments Did you know that Laura Griffin is giving away to one winner a $20 gift card to Barnes & Noble and a signed copy of her newest New York Times bestselling book, DEEP DARK!
You can enter here: http://www.lauragriffin.com/contest.php
The winner will be announced next month at http://www.writerspace.com/contests.

message 13: by Dee (new)

Dee Sauter (indeathaddict) | 7583 comments thanks, Eve

message 14: by Judy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Judy | 896 comments Yes, thanks Eve. I signed up for the drawing and also Laura Griffin's e-mail list.

CD {Boulder Blvd} (boulderblvd) | 1047 comments Thanks, I signed up as well!

message 16: by Dee (new)

Dee Sauter (indeathaddict) | 7583 comments I did three

message 17: by Judy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Judy | 896 comments I just finished Deep Dark and really enjoyed it. I am sad that this is the last book in the series for a while.
Laney and Reed were interesting characters. They were very different, but I liked them as a couple.

message 18: by Dee (new)

Dee Sauter (indeathaddict) | 7583 comments As usual I am lagging behind. I am just finishing up book two of a trilogy by Sara Fine. I have only a week before I have to return all these books and I didn't realize how really good they are.

CD {Boulder Blvd} (boulderblvd) | 1047 comments The Tracer series is one of my all time favorites and it's so hard to find a group of books that I like to read so well. Does anyone know of authors who have series that are similar to the Tracer Series. I really like LG's writing style.

message 20: by Dee (last edited Jul 22, 2016 08:36PM) (new)

Dee Sauter (indeathaddict) | 7583 comments I have to think about it. I will also ask my roommate. She is a bigger reader than I am. The only one I can think of is Suzanne Brockmann