Landscapes of Ink discussion

Introduce Yourself > Introduce Yourself!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 61 (61 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Alley (new)

Alley Kat (alleykat666) | 91 comments Mod
Welcome to Landscapes of Ink, starting on the Warriors forums, a close knit group of friends moved to goodreads to reach a bigger group of readers to compete with.

My name is Alley and I'm a 17 year old high school student. I love to read, knit, crochet, and draw. I enjoy fantasy, horror and science fiction books. I listen to rock and heavy metal music.

message 2: by Maddie (new)

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 334 comments Mod
I'm Maddie, and I'm 18, and I've known Alley for ages :) Like years and years and she's really awesome haha. Thanks Alley for helping with this group.

Anywho I like basically any type of book, as long as it isn't a classic or non-fiction. I like to talk a lot, and I'm always on quite a lot too. I'm obsessed with Reading Sprints, so if you need someone to sprint just PM me and I'll reply :) I'm also recently obsessed with the Pokemon Go game that's come out in NZ and Australia (for a change NZ gets stuff!) I'm from New Zealand, by the way.

message 3: by Winnie (new)

Winnie (canadianhorseluver) | 1 comments Hey guys, I'm Winnie. I've known Maddie and Ally for a really long time. Like really, really long lol. It's nice that we're all still friends :D

I'm 18 years old and heading into my first year of university. I will pretty much read any books as long as they're not horror, haha. I'm into photography, drawing, eating, and wasting time on Youtube :D. I listen to mostly kpop and French music (weird, I know).

message 4: by Alyssa Janine (new)

Alyssa Janine Busia (alysinbookland) Hello! :)))

I'm Alyssa but you can call me Aly for short. :) I'm from Philippines. :D I'm 20 years old and I'm still a college student. :)

I only know Maddison because we became part of Team Tiger in YA Buddy Readers' Corner. :D

I've been reading since I was in high school. I was influenced by my seatmates before who always read when there's no teacher in class - and I can't talk to them because of that so I try reading too to know what makes them so busy.

I read any genres as long as it will make me interested but mostly, I've been reading YA, Paranormal and Fantasy.

Aside from being a bookworm, I'm also a math tutor, a book blogger/reviewer, a contributing writer in My Trending Stories and a dancer. :D

message 5: by Drishti (new)

Drishti (drishti_ohri) | 1 comments Hi guys! I'm Drishti, a 15 year-old high school student from India.

I know Maddie and Alyssa from a couple of challenges and BRs. *waves*

I usually read classics, contemporary, dystopian fiction, fantasy, humor, paranormal, science fiction and YA. But these days, I'm giving historical fiction and nonfiction a shot too.

Besides reading, I like playing chess, procrastinating on the internet, listening to music and watching a lot of tv shows and movies.

Looking forward to have fun here! :D

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi guys i am Lydia,18 years old and starting uni in september :)
I believe in God,I want to be an infectious diseases doctor and i really like reading :)
Fan of BR's so message me if you see somthing in common between us :)

message 7: by Alley (new)

Welcome everyone!!!

The Mad Hatter ~I'd rather have my kingdom fall than lose you to hatred's call~ (darkhatter) | 14 comments You all can call me Hatter if you'd like. I am immortal. I am a Christian. I love Phantom of the Opera, Wonderland, and Deadpool. I am crazy.

message 9: by Maddie (new)

Haha I'm crazy too Hatter!

And Lydia, we'll get along fine then, seeing as I love BRs too!

message 10: by Erin (new)

Erin (eisawesome) Hello everyone! My name is Erin, and I am a teenager who has loved to read since I can remember.

I generally read young adult books, but I am a fan of most everything!!

message 12: by Maddie (new)

Hey Erin :)

and who was that to hatter?

The Mad Hatter ~I'd rather have my kingdom fall than lose you to hatred's call~ (darkhatter) | 14 comments To Erin. I've seen her in some of my other groups. :D

message 15: by Maddie (new)

Yeah haha. Think you'll join any challenges?

message 17: by Maddie (new)

First time for everything :D

message 18: by Erin (new)

Erin (eisawesome) @The Mad Hatter- I've seen you too!!! What a small world(well website)

The Mad Hatter ~I'd rather have my kingdom fall than lose you to hatred's call~ (darkhatter) | 14 comments @Erin
bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

@Maddison
I suppose so. Let me take a look at the challenges and maybe I'll join one. :)

message 20: by Maddie (new)

Awesome :) And the Readathon challenge isn't exactly a Readathon, it's just a continuous reading log kind of thing.

The Mad Hatter ~I'd rather have my kingdom fall than lose you to hatred's call~ (darkhatter) | 14 comments ohhhhhhhhhhhh Okayyyyyyyyyyyyyy THANK YOU!!!

message 22: by Maddie (new)

Haha why so many letters? Were you confused or something?

The Mad Hatter ~I'd rather have my kingdom fall than lose you to hatred's call~ (darkhatter) | 14 comments no my cat sat on my fingers at exactly the right moment. no joke.

message 24: by Alley (new)

That happens to me all the time. xD

message 26: by Alley (new)

Yeah. It's part of having cats. Another one likes to run across my computer and always manages to open up the "Help" page.

The Mad Hatter ~I'd rather have my kingdom fall than lose you to hatred's call~ (darkhatter) | 14 comments bahahahahaha maybe he's trying to send a message. lol

My other cat likes to jump up on my lap and sink his claws into my legs while batting at the screen.

message 28: by Alley (new)

Yeah. I need some help. xD

Nah. All my babies are sweet.

message 31: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Magolan (nicolemagolan) | 6 comments Hi guys! I'm Nicole, I'm an 18 year old student from NZ. I've been a reader all my life and I mostly read fantasy and science-fiction but I'm willing to give (almost!) anything a go. This group seems like fun! :)

The Mad Hatter ~I'd rather have my kingdom fall than lose you to hatred's call~ (darkhatter) | 14 comments HI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can call me Hatter, Nicole! :)

message 33: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Magolan (nicolemagolan) | 6 comments Heya Hatter! ;)

message 35: by Alley (new)

Welcome!

message 36: by Maddie (new)

Hey Nicole :D Long time no see in rl! Surprised you joined the group :p

message 37: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Magolan (nicolemagolan) | 6 comments Thanks :D
Yeah it's been ages!! I remember how we would always read together at sleepovers lol :) I can't promise I'll be totally active in this group - but hopefully! I'm usually online at least once a day.

message 38: by Maddie (new)

Yeah I remember that :p

Yeah maybe you could check out some of the challenges too?

message 39: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Magolan (nicolemagolan) | 6 comments Just finishing off a history project - I will after it's done. :)

message 40: by Maddie (new)

You at uni?

message 41: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Magolan (nicolemagolan) | 6 comments No, at the moment I'm thinking of going to uni next year. Right now I'm doing NCEA by correspondence. What about you?

message 42: by Maddie (new)

Oh, didn't you do NCEA last year?

I'm at Auckland this year but moving to Waikato next year to go flatting with boyfriend, and also coz they have a course more to what I want (accounting).

message 43: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Magolan (nicolemagolan) | 6 comments Yeah, I've done it the last two years. I had to start a year later than normal, when I turned 16. Otherwise it would have been really expensive.

Oh that sounds cool! I'm looking at studying creative writing, not sure where it will take me but it's what I'm passionate about. :)

message 44: by Maddie (new)

Ah yeah awesome :) I want to take a creative writing paper.

message 45: by Alyssa Janine (new)

Alyssa Janine Busia (alysinbookland) Drishti wrote: "Hi guys! I'm Drishti, a 15 year-old high school student from India.

I know Maddie and Alyssa from a couple of challenges and BRs. *waves*

I usually read classics, contemporary, dystopian fiction..."

Hello hahaha :D

message 46: by Maddie (new)

Hey :p

message 47: by Alyssa Janine (new)

Alyssa Janine Busia (alysinbookland) Hi everyone! WELCOME to the group! :D :D

message 48: by Maddie (new)

Welcome to you too haha. Joined any of the challenges?

message 49: by Maddie (new)

Haha I see you did :p

message 50: by Alyssa Janine (new)

Alyssa Janine Busia (alysinbookland) Yass I did haha :D

« previous 1