Indie Author Collaboration discussion

Other communities > Fantasy writers' club

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by John (new)

John Robin (john_robin) | 62 comments Mod
One thing that I'd love to see happen, beyond uniting based on platform (i.e. Inkshares authors, Unbound authors) would be uniting based on genres. I write epic fantasy so I'm taking the lead on getting together other fantasy writers here. Jump in on this thread if you're a fantasy writer. Let's get to know each other. Maybe if we really get lots of conversation happening I'll make a folder for this club and we can have more chats, i.e. coordinating way's to co-promote / share reader bases.

Anyone else want to start a club for their genre? Follow my lead and create your own thread and likewise I'll make a folder for your group if it gets busy ;)

message 2: by Rob (new)

Rob F F. | 3 comments My work falls into the fantasy realm, although more on the dark side. It's influenced by Tolkien in its world-building and Lovecraft in its tone.

message 3: by Kendra (new)

Kendra Namednil | 8 comments Very nice, Rob! Mine are also fantasy, with BB drawing heavily from the darker scenes in the book Watership Down, as well as heavily borrowing from Osric and D&D (which, in turn, drew heavily from Tolkien). It also pulls from The Scarlet Letter for some of the ways the words flow, if that makes sense. Aside from Tolkien, who did you draw from?

message 4: by John (new)

John Robin (john_robin) | 62 comments Mod
Tolkien + Lovecraft sounds like a wonderful blend! Kendra, Watership Down was one of my favorite cartoons as a child (and I loved the book when I was older and finally read it).