Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Avempartha (The Riyria Revelations, #2)
This topic is about Avempartha
27 views

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jarek "the Mistborn" Dąbrowski (jarekthemistborn) | 408 comments Starting the second Riyria book. If anyone wants to join, comment whether you already read it or just starting. Please use spoiler tags. Spoilers from the Crown conspiracy are ok though:)


message 2: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new)

Jenna Kathleen (jennakathleen) | 4603 comments Mod
I've read this one, but I will be on board for the next one (hopefully) and I'll follow along for this one.


Jarek "the Mistborn" Dąbrowski (jarekthemistborn) | 408 comments Chapter 1 - pretty much blew me away from page 1.
(view spoiler)


message 4: by Dan (new)

Dan (danstri) | 93 comments Jarek wrote: "Chapter 1 - pretty much blew me away from page 1.
[spoilers removed]"


Oh man, the memories! Still so many surprises to come! I don't think Abercrombie is the writer I'd compare Sullivan to though so you're probably right that you've been reading too much Abercrombie haha


Jarek "the Mistborn" Dąbrowski (jarekthemistborn) | 408 comments Chapter 2 Well what do you know its our old friend (view spoiler)


Jarek "the Mistborn" Dąbrowski (jarekthemistborn) | 408 comments Chapter 3 . The greater plot is slowly unraveling. Arista got some insight about esrahaddon. (view spoiler). I think Ian liking this second book even more than the first. The plot thickens, some more world building, more great back stories. Epic! DJ


message 7: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new)

Jenna Kathleen (jennakathleen) | 4603 comments Mod
Jarek wrote: "Chapter 3 . The greater plot is slowly unraveling. Arista got some insight about esrahaddon. [spoilers removed]. I think Ian liking this second book even more than the first. The plot thickens, som..."

I also liked Avempartha better than The Crown Conspiracy. And yes, (you're good to see this Jarek) (view spoiler). Honestly, most of the plot reveals in this one were very obvious, but it was still awesome.


Jarek "the Mistborn" Dąbrowski (jarekthemistborn) | 408 comments Mr. Esra Hadden;)


Jarek "the Mistborn" Dąbrowski (jarekthemistborn) | 408 comments Just started chapter 7. Now I've been thinking. Maybe iam way off here but iam getting a feeling that maybe Royce has some elfish blood in him. Now that I think about it there was also something vaguely hinting in the first book that the esendons might have something else in their blood than just human...


message 10: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new)

Jenna Kathleen (jennakathleen) | 4603 comments Mod
Jarek wrote: "Just started chapter 7. Now I've been thinking. Maybe iam way off here but iam getting a feeling that maybe Royce has some elfish blood in him. Now that I think about it there was also something va..."

you'll just have to wait and see, but if you really want to know: (view spoiler)


Jarek "the Mistborn" Dąbrowski (jarekthemistborn) | 408 comments Ok i finished chapter 10 and iam pretty sure about royce after what happened just before he entered the rower. I really dont have words to express How freakin awesome these books are! Iam albo beginning to very much like the pickering boys


message 12: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

Scott  Hitchcock (lostinthewarrenofchaos) | 8082 comments Mod
These books just keep getting better and Percepliquis is fantastic to end the Trilogy in Heir of Novron.


Jarek "the Mistborn" Dąbrowski (jarekthemistborn) | 408 comments Started chapter 12The ending is absolute epickness. I have to say that Sullivan makes me feel even for characters that arent that important to the story itself. How could i have been missing out on this Series for so long


Jarek "the Mistborn" Dąbrowski (jarekthemistborn) | 408 comments If the pace keeps up ill finish the whole revelations this month. Given i have the Time. Ill finish this tomorrow. Which means 6 days for the first two books. I haven't read this fast in a while. Goes to show how sullivans writing keeps you wanting more and more and how fluidly everything goes


message 15: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new)

Jenna Kathleen (jennakathleen) | 4603 comments Mod
Jarek wrote: "If the pace keeps up ill finish the whole revelations this month. Given i have the Time. Ill finish this tomorrow. Which means 6 days for the first two books. I haven't read this fast in a while. G..."

Let me know before you start the next one and I will join you. :)


Jarek "the Mistborn" Dąbrowski (jarekthemistborn) | 408 comments Jenna wrote: "Jarek wrote: "If the pace keeps up ill finish the whole revelations this month. Given i have the Time. Ill finish this tomorrow. Which means 6 days for the first two books. I haven't read this fast..."

So Jenna when would you like to start Nyphron rising?


Jarek "the Mistborn" Dąbrowski (jarekthemistborn) | 408 comments What an ending! How can you not want to start the next book right away....The big plot was unravelled more in this one. More powers showed themselves and the ones we know got different motives depending on the point of view. I dont know if its that simple but i think I know who the heir is...Great character development. We learn so much more about royce and Hadrian and the wizard. Some more world building and insights to the past empire. Sullivan gives us just enough in every book. Enough to keep us interested and not slow the story down at the same time. I like this approach. Usually you have authors spend pages upon pages on this or, like the Malazan series not give you almost anything:D another 5 stars from me. Cant wait to see what sullivan has in store next with Nyphron Rising.


message 18: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new)

Jenna Kathleen (jennakathleen) | 4603 comments Mod
Jarek wrote: "Jenna wrote: "Jarek wrote: "If the pace keeps up ill finish the whole revelations this month. Given i have the Time. Ill finish this tomorrow. Which means 6 days for the first two books. I haven't ..."

How about Wednesday since you want to get to it ASAP? :)


message 19: by Seán (new)

Seán | 602 comments Ok, I'll have a full review when I'm back from my holiday, but after a slower start than I would have liked, the conclusion was definitely worth it and offered an exciting wrap-up to this book, as well as moving some of the bigger pieces into place series-wise.


I have no problem with jumping straight into the next book right away!


message 20: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new)

Jenna Kathleen (jennakathleen) | 4603 comments Mod
Sean wrote: "Ok, I'll have a full review when I'm back from my holiday, but after a slower start than I would have liked, the conclusion was definitely worth it and offered an exciting wrap-up to this book, as ..."

If you make the review for the book, just link it here!


back to top