What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Suggest books for me > Werewolf, Adult Romance

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by BookNerdLife (new)

BookNerdLife | 53 comments I'm searching for a werewolf/shifter adult novel. I want drama and romance, pregnancy, a powerful alpha wolf. I would like some humorous moments, and some hot scenes. I've read a couple werewolf books and my favorites by far are Bewitched and Bewildered series by Alanea Alder and Feral Sins. I want the book to be in both protagonist POV, whether it's first person or third doesn't matter but i want to know both their perspectives.

message 2: by Joseph (new)

Joseph  (bluemanticore) | 441 comments Kelley Armstrong has a good urban fantasy series called Otherworld. Werewolves aren't featured in all of them, but they are main characters in quite a few, and they have drama, romance, pregnancy, and a powerful alpha wolf. The first book is Bitten.

You might also like Patricia Briggs's Mercy Thompson series. The first book is Moon Called.

message 3: by BookNerdLife (new)

BookNerdLife | 53 comments Joseph wrote: "Kelley Armstrong has a good urban fantasy series called Otherworld. Werewolves aren't featured in all of them, but they are main characters in quite a few, and they have drama, romanc..."
I've read the Otherworld series but I will try Moon Called. Thank you!

message 4: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
If you do decide that you like the Mercy Thompson series, there is a companion series to it calledAlpha and Omega. You will really need to read both (and check out Patty's web-site for the correct order) since in the later books there is some cross-over and what happens in one series affects what happens in the other.

Alpha & Omega (short story that sets up the series--I believe that if you get it in the ebook--or possibly the hard copy--it is included in the first novel Cry Wolf

And if you DO like Mercy and Adam (the first series) and Anna and Charles (second series) you might also like Ilona Andrews Kate Daniels series. Magic Bites. This series has were-wolves and were-lions and were-bears oh my. :o) Plus witches and other magic uses, vampires (do NOT think sexy vamps for this series though). It's a UF that is set in an alternate Atlanta, one where sometime in the 40's or 50's or so all of a sudden magic came crashing back, and it does not play well with science. I love this series simply because the world building is so great, so thought I'd suggest it to you. Plus, you have the advantage of it's almost finished. One more book in the series which is due out some time in March or April of 2017 I think.

message 5: by BookNerdLife (new)

BookNerdLife | 53 comments Ann aka Iftcan wrote: "If you do decide that you like the Mercy Thompson series, there is a companion series to it called Alpha and Omega. You will really need to read both (and check out Patty's web-site for the correct ..."
Thanks I'll give them a try

message 6: by Alex (new)

Alex | 247 comments Shifted is a great series. She also has a spin off series.

message 7: by Tina (new)

Tina (tina_evans) | 58 comments Keri Arthur's Riley Jenson series is great. It's set in Australia and centres around female half werewolf half vampire and the challenges of hiding her identity and working for a supernatural police force of sorts.

message 8: by BookNerdLife (new)

BookNerdLife | 53 comments I tried reading those but they did not really catch my interest much.

message 9: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
BookNerdLife--the first book in the Riley Jenson series is hard to get through, because there is ssooo much world building going on in it. But the series picks up fairly quickly after you wade through that one. Just thought I'd mention it.

message 10: by BookNerdLife (new)

BookNerdLife | 53 comments Ok thanks maybe I'll give it another try

message 11: by Vismitha (new)

Vismitha | 2 comments I had read a few books online-"The Mating", "The Keeping" and "The Finding" I believe by Nicky Charles that I enjoyed. It seems to fit all the requirements that you have mentioned. Light reading I would say.

message 12: by BookNerdLife (new)

BookNerdLife | 53 comments Vismitha wrote: "I had read a few books online-"The Mating", "The Keeping" and "The Finding" I believe by Nicky Charles that I enjoyed. It seems to fit all the requirements that you have mentioned. Light reading I ..."

I'll give them a try thanks!

message 13: by Noah (new)

Noah | 8 comments Twilight series

message 14: by BookNerdLife (new)

BookNerdLife | 53 comments Noah wrote: "Twilight series"

read

message 15: by Noah (new)

Noah | 8 comments Oh than the lunar chronicles

message 16: by BookNerdLife (new)

BookNerdLife | 53 comments Noah wrote: "Oh than the lunar chronicles"

Isn't that one about cyborgs? I'm looking for shifter adult novels. That one is a YA