What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Man goes to sleep and wakes at different times in future [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Peter (new)

Peter Dingle | 4 comments A man puts himself to sleep in an underground chamber. He then wakes up at different times in the future. On each wakening society has evoled in different ways. Most memorable is one time when people are choosing to live their lives attached to dream machines programmed with the life they want to lead. On another occasion everyone is living as an individual. First read in 1980 's so probably published then or 70's.

message 2: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth | 2 comments Did it have romance or more pure science fiction

message 3: by Peter (new)

Peter Dingle | 4 comments Don't remember any romance. Certainly not a central theme.

message 4: by Peter (new)

Peter Dingle | 4 comments Memory is a bit hazy, but I think in the last wakening, mankind has discovered the secret of rejuvenation.

message 5: by Lsophia (last edited Jul 08, 2016 05:39PM) (new)

Lsophia | 154 comments Oh, I think this I know this! It sounds like The Man Who Awoke by Laurence Manning. It definitely had dream machines and the last story was about about men being able to rejuvenate themselves.

I don't remember any romance at all.

message 6: by Andy (new)

Andy Love | 2102 comments Lsophia wrote: "Oh, I think this I know this! It sounds like The Man Who Awoke by Laurence Manning. It definitely had dream machines and the last story was about about men being able..."

Someone was looking for this story just the other day https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 7: by Peter (new)

Peter Dingle | 4 comments Brilliant. That's the book. Thanks

message 8: by Lsophia (new)

Lsophia | 154 comments Awesome!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Man Who Awoke (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Laurence Manning (other topics)