The Bloggess Tribe discussion

Organisational things

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by David (new)

David  Rencher (jbassset) | 1 comments We don't need no steenking structure!

It's your show... I'm gonna throw popcorn and bitch no matter what you do so have at it!

message 2: by Karen (new)

Karen McCool | 15 comments One booka month sounds good to start with. I think we need more people to join before we start selecting multiple books, right?

For now we could just throw out a few selection ideas then take a vote maybe?

message 3: by Karen (new)

Karen McCool | 15 comments Forgot to ask, i saw the "currently reading" for this group is that Lafayette book... is that what we should all be reading now? I'm a goodreads newbie, and have no idea what the fuck I'm doing.

message 4: by Janet (new)

Janet | 1 comments I'm a newbie too and the one reading Layfayette...I just put it there cause, well, I'm reading it.

Katie, I think one at a time at first is good. We'll see how that goes and add more if you think we should! Thanks for doing this.

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 5 comments Yes! I've been wanting to read You're Never Weird! I like the second idea of having a couple to choose from.

message 6: by Heather (new)

Heather (hkelly) | 2 comments OMG...I MUST READ THE LAFAYETTE BOOK RIGHT FREAKING NOW! I did not know this existed. I am going to buy it tomorrow and the only reason I am not actually leaving my house to buy it THIS SECOND is because I don't think the book store will let me in 5 mins before closing in my pajamas.

PS. The other book looks good too. ☺️

message 7: by Karen (new)

Karen McCool | 15 comments Heather wrote: "OMG...I MUST READ THE LAFAYETTE BOOK RIGHT FREAKING NOW! I did not know this existed. I am going to buy it tomorrow and the only reason I am not actually leaving my house to buy it THIS SECOND is b..."

It's reeeeaaally good Heather. I love the author's dry sense of humor.

message 8: by Karen (new)

Karen McCool | 15 comments Katie wrote: "Ok so I've added another book to the currently reading - we have Lafayette in the Somewhat United States and You're Never Weird on The Internet. Choose one or read both (I'm reading both because I'..."

I'm going to read them both as well. Great selections.

message 9: by Katie (new)

Katie (crash_ride) | 2 comments nice! I just checked out the ebook of Lafayette from my library today :)
I had the You're Never Weird on The Internet on my to read list too!

message 10: by Becky (new)

Becky (beckles85) | 4 comments I have a hold on the Lafayette book from my library, but I just checked out "You're Never Weird". I like the idea of having more than one option available.

message 11: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 5 comments Just got You're Never Weird from the library on Weds and stayed up until 1am finishing it last night. Loved it. Funny, sweet, and Felicia Day is very much a member of #thebloggesstribe, even if she's never heard of us!

message 12: by Karen (new)

Karen McCool | 15 comments Just finished Lafayette today... really enjoyed it. Just got Felica Day's book. looking forward to reading that as well. :)

message 13: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 5 comments Waiting on Lafayette from the library!

message 14: by Katie (new)

Katie | 1 comments where can I find currently reading for this group? I can't figure out how to use this app and it's driving miss Daisy. I mean driving me insane!!

message 15: by Karen (new)

Karen McCool | 15 comments Katie wrote: "where can I find currently reading for this group? I can't figure out how to use this app and it's driving miss Daisy. I mean driving me insane!!"

If you click on the main group page here: https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/...

you'll see two books. Lafayette in the Somewhat United States and You're Never Weird on the Internet.

message 16: by Becky (new)

Becky (beckles85) | 4 comments Should we have boards for each book? That way we can avoid spoilers if we've got multiple books going.

message 17: by Gunnhildur (new)

Gunnhildur Rúnarsdóttir (grafarholt) | 3 comments Becky wrote: "Should we have boards for each book? That way we can avoid spoilers if we've got multiple books going."

Yes, that's a great idea. Having a discussion thread for each book will also make it easier to join/follow discussions on the ones we are interested in.

message 18: by Karen (new)

Karen McCool | 15 comments Good idea Becky and Gunnhildur. Who creates these new discussions? Do we need to ask Katie?

message 19: by Karen (new)

Karen McCool | 15 comments I just figured out how to add a new discussion thread. I added one for Lafayette in the Somewhat United States. :-)

message 20: by Gunnhildur (new)

Gunnhildur Rúnarsdóttir (grafarholt) | 3 comments Karen (PointlessBoob) wrote: "I just figured out how to add a new discussion thread. I added one for Lafayette in the Somewhat United States. :-)"

Great. My thoughts were that if anyone wanted to discuss a book they could create a thread so the rest of us could join/follow it. Also if the book you want to discuss and think we would find interesting is not on our list, please add it.