Digerati Buchgemeinschaft discussion

Rise to Rebellion > Viva la revolution!

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rolando (new)

Rolando | 102 comments Mod
Just a place holder, I downloaded it and started the into. I traveled with my Mom on my last journey so we watched a movie instead. last bit of sharing before going home.

message 2: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (suzannekm) | 76 comments I am having a slow start on Rise to Rebellion, but I think I will keep going. I won't be done by the end of July though. I also want to read Just Mercy in August. Lots going on with school starting up soon, but actually, I should have more time since I just finished writing two online classes I will teach this fall. I have another to put together but it doesn't start until the middle of September. Anyway, I will keep reading bit by bit. We are going on vacation next week; I'm not taking the classwork along, so I'm looking forward to reading and relaxing days.

message 3: by Del (new)

Del (goodreadscomdel_smith) | 32 comments I can't keep up with things this month, so am going on hiatus with this group. I am reading Just Mercy and will be ready for those discussions. I've read "People of the Book," the Eclectic Readers' August selection so that's just a matter of review. I'll keep checking in and rejoin later.

message 4: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (suzannekm) | 76 comments Just finished Rise to Rebellion.

Not sure I buy his idealistic portrayals of everyone's good character and intention, but I did enjoy seeing famous events through the eyes of individuals. I know more about that slice of history now--it helps to piece it together with other histories, for example, The Indigenous People's History of the United States.

I was annoyed by the present tense intro and afterword, but the pacing of the main story was engaging. I woke up this morning wondering how General Washington was doing...