Audiobooks discussion

Archives > Scott Brick coming to Goodreads!

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by AudioFile (new)

AudioFile Mag | 1973 comments We’re delighted to announce that Scott Brick has agreed to be our newest Guest Narrator! He will be visiting next week on July 12 & 13.

Scott won the 2016 Audie Award for Best Voice in Science Fiction and Fantasy for his performance of Jurassic Park. And he won an Earphones Award for The Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury. So, we’re particularly pleased that he’s stopping by during the month we’re calling SciJuly.

Here’s Scott’s AudioFile profile: http://www.audiofilemagazine.com/narr....
He’s done SO much more than SciFi and Fantasy! That’ll let you start thinking of all you want to chat with him about on Tuesday and Wednesday. Look for the Guest Narrator Discussion link early on Tuesday morning. Happy weekend everyone!

message 2: by Grumpus, Hearing aide (new)

Grumpus | 473 comments I can't wait. My work schedule is crazy those two days, but I'll be sure to carve out some time to say hello to one of my favorite narrators.

message 3: by Mara (new)

Mara Pemberton (marapem) | 233 comments Yeah!!!! One of my favorite narrators.

message 4: by Scott (new)

Scott Brick | 39 comments Hello everyone, Scott Brick here. Just dropped by to say how much I'm looking forward to meeting and speaking with you all next week. I've done books in every conceivable category, but for me personally, as a book fan, Science Fiction/Fantasy has always been my favorite genre, so it's wonderful to have been asked to participate during SciJuly! Anyway, I return you now to your normally scheduled life; I'm heading to my studio to begin work on NAVIGATORS OF DUNE. See you soon! Best, Scott

message 5: by Scott (new)

Scott Brick | 39 comments Grumpus wrote: "I can't wait. My work schedule is crazy those two days, but I'll be sure to carve out some time to say hello to one of my favorite narrators."
Thanks so much, really appreciate it!

message 6: by Scott (new)

Scott Brick | 39 comments Mara wrote: "Yeah!!!! One of my favorite narrators."

Very kind, thank you!

message 7: by Ashley Marie (new)

Ashley Marie  | 322 comments omgggg Scott Brick!! One of my go-to narrators! :D

message 8: by Donna (new)

Donna | -43 comments I'm so excited. I was hoping we could get him on here done time.

message 9: by Margo (new)

Margo | -3 comments Ooh i love scot brrick. I have to think up some intelligent questions 'panic'

message 10: by J. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (new)

J.   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ | 714 comments One of my favorites. Make him read Atlas Shrugged to us while he's here.

message 11: by Jeanie (new)

Jeanie | 3792 comments I really really enjoyed Scott's work on the Ender and Shadow Saga books by Orson Scott Card and recently--finally--read the first Foundation book by Asimov narrated very effectively by Scott as well. It will be a real treat to have such a narrating icon joining us. Welcome, Scott... you see we consider you a friend already and call you by your first name since we've spent so much time with you already... listening is such an intimate experience! ;)

message 12: by Msjodi777 (new)

Msjodi777 | 52 comments Having just finished the The Sword of Shannara Trilogy, I'm looking forward to this one. This should be fun. <><

message 13: by AudioFile (new)

AudioFile Mag | 1973 comments Aurelia here. He's coming tomorrow, I promise! I'll create the new discussion thread first thing in the morning, and then it's off to the races. Or maybe, planets and satellites?

message 14: by Scott (new)

Scott Brick | 39 comments Jeanie wrote: "I really really enjoyed Scott's work on the Ender and Shadow Saga books by Orson Scott Card and recently--finally--read the first Foundation book by Asimov narrated very effectively by Scott as wel..."

Absolutely, we're all friends here! I never stand by formality, I always ask people to call me by my first name. Our mutual love of literature is what makes us all brothers and sisters and creates instant intimacy. Oh, yeah, and the fact that I'm whispering in your ears a few hours a day, that probably has something to do with it too. ;-)

message 15: by Michael (new)

Michael (mobe1969) | 463 comments I just want to know what is the news on the Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant!

message 16: by MissSusie (new)

MissSusie | 2059 comments Michael wrote: "I just want to know what is the news on the Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant!"

Michael here is the thread for the Q & A

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...