What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Double Life murder mystery [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (new)

Amy | 6 comments Trying to find the title or author of a book I read in recent years. I recall that it was about a woman who was hosting a fundraiser at an upscale apartment for her son's prestigious school. Her husband who I think is a doctor was late or a no show altogether. Then a young mother with a baby and young son who attends the same school turns up murdered and the main character wonders if somehow her husband is involved. She and the murdered woman served on the same committee for the fundraiser. I think it was maybe an auction or something like that.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40226 comments Mod
What year did you read it? Series or standalone? Is it a cozy mystery? Author male or female? Is there a detective? Remember the cover? What country/region/state is it set in?

message 3: by Amy (new)

Amy | 6 comments I think I read it somewhere between 2013 and early 2015 but I lean towards 2013 to 2014 being more likely. It was a standalone book and I'm not sure If it was written by a male or female but my guess is female as the majority of the books I read are by females. The main characters are not detectives so it's probably not in the mystery genre. I would guess it is just in the adult fiction genre. It's probably more of a psychological thriller. I believe it was maybe partially set in NYC or somewhere else in the Northeast. Definitely United States. I can remember so many details but not any character names. I get the majority of my book suggestions from either Book Pages or People mag editor picks and I always vet them on goodreads so I'm surprised I haven't found it yet as I wouldn't have read anything with low ratings. Any help appreciated this is driving me nuts lol.

message 4: by Amy (new)

Amy | 6 comments And I feel quite certain that it was newly published when I read it since the sources I depend on for recommendations only review newly released titles. So this was definitely written in the last few years.

message 5: by Amy (new)

Amy | 6 comments And unfortunately I can't recall a thing about the cover.

message 6: by Amy (new)

Amy | 6 comments After searching through many issues online of the Book Page I finally found it. The novel is You Should Have Known.

message 7: by Amy (new)

Amy | 6 comments The title is ironic isn't it? Lol

message 8: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36060 comments Mod
Hey, that's why we're all here. :) Glad you found your book. Here's the link - You Should Have Known by Jean Hanff Korelitz.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

You Should Have Known (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Jean Hanff Korelitz (other topics)