YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Second Chance Summer
This topic is about Second Chance Summer
BUDDY READ: Contemporary/Romance > Second Chance Summer By Morgan Matson - Restarting May 1st 2018

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Abbie | 27856 comments From the Flying Start author of Amy & Roger’s Epic Detour, a powerful novel about hope in the face of heartbreak.

Taylor Edwards’ family might not be the closest-knit—everyone is a little too busy and overscheduled—but for the most part, they get along just fine. Then Taylor’s dad gets devastating news, and her parents decide that the family will spend one last summer all together at their old lake house in the Pocono Mountains.

Crammed into a place much smaller and more rustic than they are used to, they begin to get to know each other again. And Taylor discovers that the people she thought she had left behind haven’t actually gone anywhere. Her former best friend is still around, as is her first boyfriend…and he’s much cuter at seventeen than he was at twelve.

As the summer progresses and the Edwards become more of a family, they’re more aware than ever that they’re battling a ticking clock. Sometimes, though, there is just enough time to get a second chance—with family, with friends, and with love.

Sundara Gandhi (bookaholictalks) | 29 comments Awesome!!

prag ♻ (janayanation) Sundara wrote: "Awesome!!"

I read it a little early, but I'll discuss with you when you read:)

Sundara Gandhi (bookaholictalks) | 29 comments Oh.. You're done with it already??

prag ♻ (janayanation) Sundara wrote: "Oh.. You're done with it already??"

Yeah, did you start?

Sundara Gandhi (bookaholictalks) | 29 comments No. Got a little busy. And I badly need to do this as a buddy read! So waiting!

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 85319 comments Mod
*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Date Changed. Restarting August 2nd 2017. Happy Reading ☺

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
**************************************************************************************************************************************************

Andy | 14687 comments Starting in the morning :)

Andy | 14687 comments Ch. 8 (view spoiler)

message 10: by Andy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Andy | 14687 comments Ch. 16 (view spoiler)

message 11: by Andy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Andy | 14687 comments Ch. 24 (view spoiler)

message 12: by Andy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Andy | 14687 comments Ch. 32 (view spoiler)

message 13: by Andy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Andy | 14687 comments Finished (view spoiler)

Abbie | 27856 comments ********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Reading from the 1st of May 2018

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Karen Barber | 11248 comments Opening chapter suggests the story about dad will be important, but I’m waiting for the inevitable romance element.

Karen Barber | 11248 comments Up to ch4. Guess we have the link. Just want to know what happened. They were 12, so guessing it was exaggerated.

Karen Barber | 11248 comments Up to ch9. A rather small moment - brief chat in a car - but it speaks volumes. Hope I don’t start blubbering in public.

Karen Barber | 11248 comments Up to ch13. Still no closer to knowing the big secret, but I like the casual exchanges that are shared with the family as they are each poignant in their own way.

Karen Barber | 11248 comments Up to ch18. A slow thawing out, the brother and sister are starting to form friendships so just one left!

Karen Barber | 11248 comments Up to ch24. Moving forward. Cute but not too much.

Karen Barber | 11248 comments Up to ch30. Want to be wrong but the signs are that this is going to be a tough section to read.

Karen Barber | 11248 comments Up to ch35. Wish I’d not read this part on the bus. Lovely scene with grandfather.

Karen Barber | 11248 comments Finished. Review on home page. Emotional...took me by surprise, and one I enjoyed far more than I was expecting.

message 24: by ✦ Maica ✦ (last edited May 03, 2018 11:56PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

✦ Maica ✦ (maicacruz) | 712 comments Chapter 2

(view spoiler)

✦ Maica ✦ (maicacruz) | 712 comments Chapter 8

(view spoiler)

✦ Maica ✦ (maicacruz) | 712 comments Chapter 26

(view spoiler)

✦ Maica ✦ (maicacruz) | 712 comments Chapter 30

(view spoiler)

Sharon Mariampillai | 9947 comments Chapters 1-8: (view spoiler)

Sharon Mariampillai | 9947 comments Chapters 9-16: (view spoiler)

message 30: by Sharon (last edited May 06, 2018 01:26AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sharon Mariampillai | 9947 comments Chapters 17-24: (view spoiler)

Sharon Mariampillai | 9947 comments Chapters 25-32: (view spoiler)

Sharon Mariampillai | 9947 comments Ending Thoughts (Chapters 33-40): (view spoiler)

María | 2107 comments Starting today

María | 2107 comments Karen wrote: "Up to ch4. Guess we have the link. Just want to know what happened. They were 12, so guessing it was exaggerated."

I agree! I'm curious about what had happened. Also, they didn't have 12 years old anymore ;)

María | 2107 comments Maica wrote: "Chapter 2

[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

✦ Maica ✦ (maicacruz) | 712 comments María wrote: "Maica wrote: "Chapter 2

[spoilers removed]"

[spoilers removed]"

Yeah that was really sad

María | 2107 comments Maica wrote: "Chapter 8

[spoilers removed]"

Amy & Roger's Epic Detour have some heavy and sad parts too...

María | 2107 comments Sharon wrote: "Chapters 1-8: [spoilers removed]"

The uncertainty is killing me. They were so young, how could she do something unforgettable?

message 39: by María (last edited May 18, 2018 04:06AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

María | 2107 comments Sharon wrote: "Chapters 9-16: [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

María | 2107 comments Sharon wrote: "Ending Thoughts (Chapters 33-40): [spoilers removed]"

It took me some time finish this book. Maybe because of its emotional content. I cried a lot at the end. But is was a beautiful sadness because the story is beautiful and sad but no sappy or corny...