What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Sci Fi Book with a Race of Cat People Whose Faces are Stained When They Cry

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chrystal (new)

Chrystal (Amphagori) | 2 comments I read this book in the 90s and it was likely published in the 70s or 80s. It had a pulpy cover (didn't they all?). The main character is a human man who is traveling a course as a cargo or trash ship? Possibly a scavenger ship. I don't recall how she got there but on his ship there is woman cat person. I think she is part of a warrior society in which they are forbidden to cry. If they do cry it stains their faces and so it is a great shame. I don't remember the ending other than she cries for the main character and it is a Big Significant Event. Love may have been expressed between the two? Any help is appreciated.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40196 comments Mod
None of these seem quite right but I'll toss them out just in case.

Divine Endurance

The Iron Breed

Urn Burial

Timelapse

message 3: by Aerulan (last edited Aug 22, 2016 09:31PM) (new)

Aerulan | 1239 comments Just a guess and it's entirely because I remember it had cat aliens, I don't remember enough to say if anything else fits, but take a look at CAT'S GAMBIT and the other books in the series by Leslie Gadallah.

ETA for feline aliens from around your time-frame there's also C.J. Cherryh's Chanur series that starts with The Pride of Chanur could be worth checking if you haven't already.

message 4: by Chrystal (new)

Chrystal (Amphagori) | 2 comments These are all great sounding, and now I want to read those too but unfortunately none are the same book. I loved the Chanur series so good call there. Thanks for trying all, I'll keep looking!

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40196 comments Mod
Chrystal, are you still looking for this or did you find it?