What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Adult Contemporary Romance. Heroine is 19-early 20s, travels from Greece/Italy to New York?, becomes hero's assistant. Hero wants to be or is the company's CEO, already engaged/married to socialite.

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nancy (new)

Nancy B | 12 comments Adult romance , modern day romance . Please help me I forgot the title and I've been looking for it for months . The heroine is 19 or in her early 20s . I can't remember if he's a family friend or if she ? I think his sister wanted him to show her around the city or if she's working for him ? She came from Greece or Italy ,not for sure he is betrothed to another woman , his fiancé does whatever her mother tells her , her mom is very evil I think she blackmails the heroine . She pushes her daughter and the daughter does everything she says . The hero kind of says she's a prude and that she's just good for his image. The fiancé is very distant and boring to talk to but we later find out she is lesbian she's marrying him to secure her future or protect her girlfriend . I believe the heroine ends up pregnant and the hero rejects her so she plans to move back or that the heroine didn't tell him about the baby but I do know the fiancé helps the hero. But I think if the hero gets married he gets the company

message 2: by Nancy (new)

Nancy B | 12 comments Now that I'm thinking about it I don't think it was the fiancé's mom who had ulterior motives I think it's the heroes mom who does and now that I'm thinking I'm not sure if the fiancé is lesbian , I think she played really innocent but she ended up being in cahoots with the heroes mom and they are working together and after everything happened her parents made her move back to Greece and marry someone else

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36569 comments Mod
Nya, does the company belong to the hero's family?

Can you tell us more about the heroine - how she meets the hero, her job, does she work for the hero, etc.?

What's the location - U.S./country, big city/small town/region, etc.?

message 4: by Nancy (new)

Nancy B | 12 comments Yes it's his family's company and I don't remember the heroines job I just know she visited him a lot at work a lot she possibly could have worked with him

message 5: by Nancy (new)

Nancy B | 12 comments I'm desperate to find this book I might have missed minor details or have gotten some things mixed up but if anyone has any idea of what this could I be I would forever grateful
Or even if you could recommend a book that's similar ?if you know a book that's kind of like this that would be helpful

message 6: by Kris (new)

Nya, you have to be patient in this large group. Sometimes books are found right away, sometimes it takes months or years. We suggest you bump your thread every 30+ days (not more often, unless you remember new information) and bookmark the thread.

message 7: by Nancy (new)

Nancy B | 12 comments I know that it takes time already I'm perfectly fine with the wait thank you for your help hun

message 8: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40627 comments Mod
Are you looking for the same book in your new thread here?

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 9: by Nancy (new)

Nancy B | 12 comments Yes

message 10: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Thanks. I'm going to delete the other thread. Here's what you said there:

"Greek hero and heroine / heroine is young

I am looking for a book I️ believe it is a Harlequin novel but I am not positively sure . The heroine flies from Greece the hero and heroine are family friends . The heroine ends up being the assistant for the hero his sister is friends with her and wants him to show her around . I️ think the setting is in New York . The hero is engaged or married to a socialite . The hero used to be close with heroine I believe , she had braces and wasn’t very attractive when she was younger . The hero is the owner of the company I️ believe but I think the hero fiancé or wife owns part of it and he handle everything not completely sure ?"

message 11: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

(One thread only per book.)

message 12: by Nancy (new)

Nancy B | 12 comments Ok

message 13: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Nancy, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 14: by Nancy (new)

Nancy B | 12 comments Never found it

message 15: by Kris (new)

I added some details to the header/topic title at the top of the page, so your book might be recognized from that description alone. Many members only read the headers.

You can update it by clicking the small "edit" link after the header. This only works on the full Desktop website - not the Mobile website or app. (On the Mobile website, click the "Desktop version" link at the bottom of the page.)

message 16: by Nancy (new)

Nancy B | 12 comments Ok thank you

message 17: by Kris (new)

You're welcome.