Beta Reader Group discussion

Betas Offering FREE Services > New to group --- YA, Crime, Urban Fantasy, Sci-fi, horror, literary, up for pretty much everything

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chris (new)

Chris Tygesen | 3 comments Hello all.

New to the group. Beta reader (and writer) with fairly wide-ranging tastes. Fast reader with a fair bit of experience in literary critique.

Please PM me through Goodreads if you want something read.

message 2: by Caspar (new)

Caspar Wallersteiner | 14 comments Hi Chris,

I'd be very happy for you to read the opening few segments my book and see how you feel about it. It's an epic set in an early modern universe.

Caspar

message 3: by Chris (new)

Chris Tygesen | 3 comments Shoot me PMs people. I'm never going to remember to check the thread ;o)

message 4: by Chris (new)

Chris Tygesen | 3 comments And to save time, I prefer Word, RTFs or epub/mobi. I tend to read on smaller screens and PDFs really suck for that.

message 5: by Dennis (new)

Dennis Meredith (dennismeredith) Good morning Chris,

Would love it if you would be willing to beta read our newest novel The Neuromorphs.

Here is a link to the book where you can read a chapter and decide if it is interesting to you.
http://dennismeredith.com/the-neuromo...

The authors blog post here http://wp.me/pjyFJ-vM
explains why beta readers and reviewers are so important and that we do listen!

You can reach me at editor@glyphus.com

Thanks for your consideration,
Joni

message 6: by J.P. (new)

J.P. Cawood | 5 comments Hi Chris, I thought you might be interested in hearing about my latest book. Love from Mars is about the first six people to colonize Mars. What if someone you loved had a one-way ticket?

If you nominate Love from Mars for publication on Kindle Scout, you'll get a free eBook when it's picked up!
https://kindlescout.amazon.com/p/2DLG...

message 7: by J.Z. (new)

J.Z. (jzfoster) | 8 comments Hello! I have a completed horror novel. It is about 'changelings', things that steal children in the night and leave their own.

Would you be interested in reading it and giving me a review?

message 8: by Jay (new)

Jay Storey (jayallanstorey) | 80 comments Hi, Chris,

I'm looking for Beta Readers for my 75,000 word YA/Science Fiction novel ‘The Black Heart of the Station’.

Synopsis:

Fifteen-year-old Josh Driscoll lives in the ‘Station’, an underground city whose age and origins are lost in the mists of time. When Josh steals a space suit, hacks into the Station’s security system, and escapes to the surface, he sees a frozen wasteland, and the distant outlines of shattered ancient buildings. He becomes obsessed with knowing how it all came to be.

As punishment for the theft, as well as other minor crimes and mischief, Josh is forcibly enrolled as a novice monk at Saint Carmine’s, the Station’s resident monastery. At first desperate to escape, he’s gradually drawn into the monastery’s scriptures, which seem to answer the questions he’s been searching for. From those scriptures, Josh comes to believe that the ‘Black Heart’, a computer complex of unknown purpose buried in an area critically damaged centuries ago, is vital to their future survival.

To save the Black Heart, Josh must battle the governing Council, of which his own father is a member, who are determined to demolish it to clear the way for desperately needed living space.

You can reach me at: jastorey@shaw.ca

Thanks

Jay