Homeschooled Christian Girls discussion

Fun Chat! > Music inspirations and downfalls

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Share your favourite pieces to play with us!
What is the hardest piece you've ever played?
What has inspired you to play your instrument and what do you love the most about it?

I play the piano, and I just love the feel of keys under my fingers! (Did you know btw, that the piano has 88 keyes?? ;D)
I love to play with my eyes closed, causing a dream-like feeling.
My favourites to play are Comptine d'un autre été (from the movie Amélie), Maple Leaf, Für Elise and Hallelujah.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I play the piano and the violin. I love playing duets on both, because they sound so pretty!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

ᒪEOᑎᗩ wrote: "I play the piano and the violin. I love playing duets on both, because they sound so pretty!"

Me too! My mom plays the violin, so we play together at birthdays sometimes, and it sounds really wonderful!

message 4: by brooke1994 (new)

brooke1994  (formerlynarnian525) | 81 comments Felicity wrote: "ᒪEOᑎᗩ wrote: "I play the piano and the violin. I love playing duets on both, because they sound so pretty!"

Me too! My mom plays the violin, so we play together at birthdays sometimes, and it soun..."

That's awesome Felicity! The violin is such a beautiful instrument :)

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Hold_My_Heart (Rachel) wrote: "Felicity wrote: "ᒪEOᑎᗩ wrote: "I play the piano and the violin. I love playing duets on both, because they sound so pretty!"

Me too! My mom plays the violin, so we play together at birthdays somet..."

It really is! :-)

message 6: by Karis (new)

Karis I don't play the violin but I love how it sounds :) I could listen to it for a long time.

Hey girls, you really need to check this video out. It's an original song by Megan Tibbits. (She's been on some TV talent shows and is very talented.) It's really special to be because I know the young women's mother quite well. She taught me and a large group of other homeschooled kids music lessons.

It's a Christian song of worship and is just fabulous. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_bj0...

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Karis wrote: "I don't play the violin but I love how it sounds :) I could listen to it for a long time.

Hey girls, you really need to check this video out. It's an original song by Megan Tibbits. (She's been on..."

She really has got a talent but I didn't like the song. I'm really not a fan of worship songs...

message 8: by Karis (new)

Karis Yes, she's very talented. I'm really proud for her mom.

It's fine that you didn't like the song. Everyone has different types of songs that they enjoy to sing/listen to. I enjoy worship songs because of the spirit of sincere worship and emotions behind them. Some ones I hear really remind me of the psalms.

What is some Christian music that you enjoy?

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Karis wrote: "Yes, she's very talented. I'm really proud for her mom.

It's fine that you didn't like the song. Everyone has different types of songs that they enjoy to sing/listen to. I enjoy worship songs beca..."

Classic old hymns maybe... I really don't listen to christian music almost at all, I like jewish music more, f. ex. :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QTAA...
Yossi Azulay is my favourite artist, he bases many of his songs on psalms or biblical passages!

message 10: by Karis (new)

Karis Ah, okay. I love hymns too. However, I don't listen to a lot of them besides we we sing them at church. I read a lot more than I listen to music.

So, I'm listening to the song you posted the link too. I really enjoy the song and the singing is well done. My problem is not understanding the lyrics. Can you speak Hebrew?

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Karis wrote: "Ah, okay. I love hymns too. However, I don't listen to a lot of them besides we we sing them at church. I read a lot more than I listen to music.

So, I'm listening to the song you posted the link..."

Yes, I understand a little hebrew. But here are the lyrics:
And here's what kept our fathers
The same what kept our fathers and what keeps us
All of them as one arose and tried to destroy us 2x

And Hashem the Blessed One saves us from their hands 2x

Here's also another of my favourite songs, it's one of Israel's most popular artists and this song of his is just SO touching; it's a prayer to God and a thanks for this life:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNsX7...

message 12: by Karis (new)

Karis Okay, I've just been letting the playlist run on Youtube so I've been listening to some other Jewish songs. Thanks for sending the lyrics.

It's so cool that you understand some Hebrew. Are you part Jewish?

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Karis wrote: "Okay, I've just been letting the playlist run on Youtube so I've been listening to some other Jewish songs. Thanks for sending the lyrics.

It's so cool that you understand some Hebrew. Are you pa..."

No, at least not as far as I know ;-) Our family just love Israel and the jews and the music as well!

message 14: by Karis (new)

Karis My mom came in as I was still listening to some of the music. She's always said that if she had to chose a language to learn to speak, it would be Hebrew. It has a very touching and calming sound to it.

Eventually, I clicked on the tab to see what I was listening to after letting the playlist go on for a while. It was the Jewish national anthem :) It was so beautiful. I love Israel as I believe every true Christian should. I've never listened to a lot of their music before, so thank you for sharing :)

This past year I took geography and one random fact that always stood out to me while studying Israel briefly was that every Israeli at the age 18 has to enlist in the army. The men for at least 3 years and the women for less than two years.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Karis wrote: "My mom came in as I was still listening to some of the music. She's always said that if she had to chose a language to learn to speak, it would be Hebrew. It has a very touching and calming sound t..."

I know! The national anthem is SO beautiful! :)

And the army-service, it's quite strict and they're really educated well. But I wouldn't like to enlist though - if I'd live there...
I think every christian should love Israel too! It's sad that so many lies are spread around the internet about it.

message 16: by brooke1994 (new)

brooke1994  (formerlynarnian525) | 81 comments Felicity wrote: "Hold_My_Heart (Rachel) wrote: "Felicity wrote: "ᒪEOᑎᗩ wrote: "I play the piano and the violin. I love playing duets on both, because they sound so pretty!"

Me too! My mom plays the violin, so we p..."

What are some of your favorite pieces to play on the violin?

message 17: by Rhedyn (new)

Rhedyn  (fernffoulkes) My favorite pieces to play on the piano are Ballade pour Adeline and To a Wild Rose.