Marvel Fangirls discussion

-Marvel- > Comics

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by lorien (new)

lorien I loved reading Black Widow Vol. 1 and 2. There were so much fun to read! I would really like to read the Black Widow :The Itsy-Bitsy Spider but currently it's checked out at the library. *glares at Emily trying not to smile*

message 3: by Emily (new)

Emily   Lorien wrote: "I loved reading Black Widow Vol. 1 and 2. There were so much fun to read! I would really like to read the Black Widow :The Itsy-Bitsy Spider but currently it's checked out at the library. *glares a..."

Yes I really liked reading those ones.
and yes I'm guilty I've got the
itsy bitsy spider :)

message 4: by lorien (new)

lorien Ha! I knew you had it. It isn't like you showed me the comic already. ; ) The Black Widow comics are the best!

message 5: by Emily (new)

Emily   Lorien wrote: "Ha! I knew you had it. It isn't like you showed me the comic already. ; ) The Black Widow comics are the best!"

Yes they are the Best!!!! XD

message 6: by Bella (new)

Bella | 10 comments I actually don't read the comics because I don't like comic books or graphic novels.

ʟ ᴇ ᴀ ʜ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (leahbobeahhh) | 214 comments Mod
I have never ever read the comic books. I need to go find some at my local library! xD

message 9: by Emily (new)

Emily   ℋαωкєує wrote: "I have never ever read the comic books. I need to go find some at my local library! xD"

Yes! If you like black widow, I would recommend the ones I listed up top, with Hawkeye I have readHawkeye, Vol. 1: My Life as a Weapon but I'm not sure I would recommend it.

message 10: by Kaitlyn (new)

Kaitlyn (marvelfan4life) | 116 comments I just read some of the new comic book series, Civil War II. It's way more tragic than Civil War, but really interesting.

message 11: by Irene (new)

Irene Quicksword (redfieldreads) I read quite abit of Marvel but the new stuff isnt the best at the mo unfortunately. I am enjoying All New Wolverine with X-23 being the new Wolvie, Spider Gwen and Cap America but the rest is very style over substance.

Best Marvel I have ever read are:-

X-Men Messiah Complex
Planet Hulk
Old Man Logan
Kravens Last Hunt
X-Men & GOG Dark Vortex
Superior Spiderman (where Spidey is Doc Oc)
Secret Wars
Infinity Guantlet

Am looking forward to the new Blade comic when that finally gets released.

message 12: by Kaitlyn (new)

Kaitlyn (marvelfan4life) | 116 comments Civil War
Civil War 2
Hawkeye
Ultimate Spider-Man
Avenger's World
Ms. Marvel
I read and really loved these comic series. If you are also interested in DC, I would also recommend:
Justice League
Flash: Moving Forward
Flash: Flashpoint

message 13: by Irene (new)

Irene Quicksword (redfieldreads) Yeah DC has always been better than Marvel due to having the big three IMO but there are loads of great DC ones to check out but are rather violent and adult which I love but others might hate

message 14: by Kaitlyn (new)

Kaitlyn (marvelfan4life) | 116 comments Yeah, I got Suicide Squad from the library and was totally violent and inappropriate. I had to put it down because it was not appropriate for my age group. If you have not read it I would recommend it if you like that kind of stuff.

message 15: by Irene (new)

Irene Quicksword (redfieldreads) Yeah read it years back, didn't think much of new run but hoping rebirth will be decent.

Superman for Tomorrow you might enjoy

With Batman all his stuff is adult and violent

Might want to check out Batgirl though when Babs worked on it.

You might also enjoy Gotham Academy?

message 16: by Kaitlyn (new)

Kaitlyn (marvelfan4life) | 116 comments Ok, thanks!

message 17: by Kaitlyn (new)

Kaitlyn (marvelfan4life) | 116 comments Have you read any Deadpool comics?. My parents won't let me read them, I snuck a peek and it was pretty funny.

message 18: by Irene (new)

Irene Quicksword (redfieldreads) Not that big on the character I think he is over rated and that Harley Quinn is considerably better. His stuff is worth buying though as sky rockets in value.

Squirrel Girl is pretty hilarious is your after funny, check her out.

But Deadpool works as a supporting character and apart from the storyline where he falls in love with Death I dont think he is that good, he is about as over rated as Wolverine is.

message 19: by Emily (new)

Emily   Kaitlyn wrote: "Civil War
Civil War 2
Hawkeye
Ultimate Spider-Man
Avenger's World
Ms. Marvel
I read and really loved these comic series. If you are also interested in DC, I would also recommend:
Justice League
Fl..."

Thats an awesome list!

message 20: by Kaitlyn (new)

Kaitlyn (marvelfan4life) | 116 comments Thanks!

message 21: by Sam (new)

Sam (eruditeglader) | 3 comments Ive read most of the Unbeatable Squirrel Girl conics. trust me, it isnt as wierd as it sounds. Ive also read the Miles Morales: Spider Man comic, and Marvel Rising.