Support for Indie Authors discussion

Archived Marketing No New Posts > Facebook link images cropping

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by L.V. (new)

L.V. Waterman | 31 comments Hi all,

Does anyone know how to fix the Amazon image cropping, when posting the book link on Facebook? I've used the Facebook debugger, but doesn't seem to help :(

thanks,
Larisa

message 2: by Martin (new)

Martin Wilsey | 447 comments Just create an image the proportions they prefer. I used the horizontal dimensions of an iPhone image. If you use that height and width, 6x9 or so, No problems.

message 3: by L.V. (new)

L.V. Waterman | 31 comments Thanks Martin. For some reason Facebook won't let me edit/change the image bit of that link, not sure what I'm doing wrong..

message 4: by Martin (new)

Martin Wilsey | 447 comments Only a few html tags work in posts.

message 5: by L.V. (new)

L.V. Waterman | 31 comments I found out you can link your Amazon and FB profiles. After doing that, it fixed the issues! :D
Just thought I'd mention it, if anyone else had the same probs.

message 6: by Thomas (last edited Jul 11, 2016 07:23AM) (new)

Thomas Everson (authorthomaseverson) | 424 comments Can you elaborate on linking your Amazon and FB profile? Where do I look for that option?

message 7: by L.V. (new)

L.V. Waterman | 31 comments Hi Thomas,

If I remember correctly, I searched for "Amazon" on FB, then clicking on the icon brings up an Amazon page, which asks you to link them. Just follow the steps from there. :)
Didn't know about it before, but it helped make the links and images on FB editable.

message 8: by Thomas (new)

Thomas Everson (authorthomaseverson) | 424 comments Thanks, I'll make sure I check that out.

message 9: by Missy (new)

Missy Sheldrake (missysheldrake) | 252 comments L.V. wrote: "Hi Thomas,

If I remember correctly, I searched for "Amazon" on FB, then clicking on the icon brings up an Amazon page, which asks you to link them. Just follow the steps from there. :)
Didn't know..."

FYI, I have read some conjecture that Amazon will cross-reference your FB profile with your author profile and remove any reviews from those who are on your FB profile list. So, if you befriend your readers with your Facebook profile, you might risk losing their Amazon reviews.

I have never had this happen personally, and I'm not 100% sure whether it's true, but it's worth looking into before you jump in and link your profiles.

message 10: by L.V. (new)

L.V. Waterman | 31 comments Hi Missy,

Thanks for the info. Not sure I follow completely - does it mean friends on the main FB account or someone who "likes" your author page? And how would the Amazon review link back to their FB profile?

message 11: by Renee (new)

Renee Leigh | 9 comments Just jumping in here on the thing about Amazon deleting reviews. It happened to me. If they use the same email to sign up for Amazon as they do FB, it will delete if they're on your friends list. Only one person from my friends list was able to keep her review on my book and she used a different username and email addy for Amazon. The others were deleted within 24 hrs. And my stuff is not even linked. Now, I'm left with only 2 reviews on my book.

message 12: by Thomas (new)

Thomas Everson (authorthomaseverson) | 424 comments Yikes. Thanks for confirming that Renee. I'm not going to link it then.