Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1) Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone question

Which is better: the movie or the book?
Srishti Gupta Srishti Jul 07, 2016 03:35AM
My friend told me to only read the book and ne'er watch the movie!

I preferred the book personally. Although the movie helped me imagine what the characters looked like especially Severus Snape. I think that whoever reads all of the books in the Harry Potter series should still watch the movies. I agree with Hannah for her statement, 'the book kind of gives you a better perspective of the characters and the setting.' The movies also do not have some main scenes Harry experienced (most of the scenes with Draco Malfoy.) The movie also helps the reader picture what the spells do as, in the book it is hard to picture what the spell causes the victim or object the spell was cased on.

Book! Obvi...

Srishti wrote: "My friend told me to only read the book and ne'er watch the movie!"
It's close between the two, but I proffered the book. It kind of gives you a better perspective of the characters and the setting and provides more details about the Harry Potter world than the movie does. But the movie is also great! I recommend both lol