What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Possibly romance, runaway, San Francisco / New York, rich family, triumphant return, two female authors?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sara (new)

Sara Jackson (freckledfroggy) | 2 comments WHEN you read the book: early to mid 90s, likely 1994/5.

What reading level it is aimed at: guessing adult, perhaps NA today?

What the story is about: this is VERY much a random collection of the facts as I can recall them. Young girl, story possibly starts at a party, rich family, possibly living in San Francisco, runs away from home (I think perhaps because of something her uncle does). Ends up in New York (not sure, but that's how I remember it), meets up with another runaway, who is later attacked / killed, possibly something to do with prostitution / sexual assault / human trafficking. Most of the details are fuzzy, but I seem to recall a triumphant return home once she's all grown up (possible significant forward jump in the narrative), where she then takes back control of her family's business / her inheritance.

Ages of the MC and friends: spans from early teen years to possibly early thirties for MC?

What the genre is: I'm not sure how I found this book in the first place, but I had gotten kind-of hooked on V.C Andrews, and started reading some Jude Devereaux, so there's very little I'm sure of. Strangely enough, I'm almost positive that there were two authors, both women. ???

What format is the book in: definitely dead tree. I remember a dark, predominantly blue cover, maybe a moon, possibly a cityscape, drawn rather than photographed, and I know I read a good-ol' paperback, not hardbound nor trade paper.

Hope this might be enough! It's more of an intriguing mystery than anything else. Been trying to find it off and on for a decade.

Thanks for your help!

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

message 3: by Sara (new)

Sara Jackson (freckledfroggy) | 2 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "Sleeping Beauty?"

That sounds so spot on in many ways, but, nope. Thanks so much for the heads up! I even looked for similar books . . . I'll keep poking around.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40168 comments Mod
Sara, are you still looking for this or did you find it?