Heartfield Academy for Royals,Nobles and Servants discussion

Inside The Academy > Women's Parlor

Comments Showing 1-50 of 107 (107 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

☣ EMᕈRESS SERΔ ☣ (empress-sera) | 178 comments Juliette slumped into a seat in the parlor, quite bored at the moment. She had gotten lost briefly, but eventually found her way here which seemed like a relatively comfortable spot to relax.

Elizabeth ♛Smart Girls Love Trashy Books♛  (pinkhairedwannabe) | 499 comments Mod
Yumiko was lounging on a couch, wearing a purple lilac dress and smoking a pipe. She smiled when Juliette came in. "Hello! Sit here," She pointed to a chair beside her in her heavy accent.

☣ EMᕈRESS SERΔ ☣ (empress-sera) | 178 comments Juliette blinked, having not noticed someone else there before. "Oh, hi," she said and smiled, getting up and moving to the other seat. "I'm sorry if I disturbed you."

Elizabeth ♛Smart Girls Love Trashy Books♛  (pinkhairedwannabe) | 499 comments Mod
"You not disturb me," She took a drag of the pipe, which was long and pouring out blue smoke. "I want someone talk to," She blew more smoke out. "What your name?"

☣ EMᕈRESS SERΔ ☣ (empress-sera) | 178 comments Juliette coughed at the smoke, but covered her mouth so it wasn't so obvious. "My name is Juliette Claire. But you can call me Juliette, or Clarie if you choose."

"Juliette..." She nodded. "Like the story by Shakespeare," She took another drag. "I am Yumiko. It means beautiful child in Japanese,"

☣ EMᕈRESS SERΔ ☣ (empress-sera) | 178 comments "That's a beautiful name," Juliette told her. "I think it's very pretty. It's a pleasure to meet you by the way. I am indeed named after the Shakespearean character, but hopefully I won't meet the same fate as her."

"Of course it pretty, I give this because I noble," She coughed. "I sorry for bad English....I sound effing annoying, probably," She took another drag. "You a noble too?"

☣ EMᕈRESS SERΔ ☣ (empress-sera) | 178 comments Juliette resisted a laugh, something that Yumiko said amusing her. "It's a little hard to understand, but it's alright," she assured the Japanese girl. "I'm a princess actually."

"Oh," Yumiko gasped, but then shrugged and continued to smoke. "Titles not important. Only important thing is your personality. Some my friends servants, but people no like this,"

(( I feel so bad for making her talk like this XD ))

☣ EMᕈRESS SERΔ ☣ (empress-sera) | 178 comments Juliette nodded in understanding. "I also feel that titles are unimportant. But there's nothing really to do about it. Can't change that, as sad as it is."

((Lol I can usually make out what she's saying.))

Yumiko shrugged again. "My family want me to be proper. Act like Japanese lady, like doll or little girl. But I want be myself, not doll. I pretty like doll, not silent like doll," She blew more smoke out of her mouth.

((Well with all the people I've been apparently offending recently on the Internet best to be careful))

☣ EMᕈRESS SERΔ ☣ (empress-sera) | 178 comments "Well put," Juliette nodded. She agreed with what Yumiko was said and felt pretty much the same. Her parents didn't want her to be a doll, but they did want her to be a proper lady when she just wanted to be herself! She coughed again, accidentally inhaling some smoke again.

((You've been offending people? Really? Honestly, some people just need to chill out.))

She noticed it this time and grinned. "You want try? It opium. Strong stuff but good," She offered Juliette the pipe. "The smoke dye. It not really blue, it really grey,"

((I mean on YouTube someone I'm subscribed to released a video a few weeks ago and I jokingly asked people who got the notification early like me and someone told me to kill myself))

☣ EMᕈRESS SERΔ ☣ (empress-sera) | 178 comments "No no, I'm good really. Thanks," Juliette said. She wasn't adventurous like that, but she respected those who were.

((Wow.....just why even? Ridiculous))

Yumiko shrugged. "Suit yourself," She went back to smoking and didn't say anything else for a minute, then stared at Juliette again. "Where you from?"

((You could tell from their picture they were probably a f**kboy though lol))

☣ EMᕈRESS SERΔ ☣ (empress-sera) | 178 comments "Good ol' Canada," Juliette answered with a smile. "That's where I call home. And you are from.....Japan I'm going to guess?" She wasn't sure, and really was just assuming, but she was pretty sure it was a good guess.

"That close to Japan," She mused, thinking about it. "Yes, I am Japanese. I thought it obvious. I look Japanese,"

☣ EMᕈRESS SERΔ ☣ (empress-sera) | 178 comments "Ah good, I was guessing but I really didn't want to assume. That could be rude, after all," Juliette said. "Some people get really upset over that sort of thing!"

"Some people stupid," She shrugged, throwing her empty pipe into a nearby bucket. "I mean, I not know where you from just from look, so I no guess,"

☣ EMᕈRESS SERΔ ☣ (empress-sera) | 178 comments "Well, with Canadians, it's more difficult. We're kind of a mix mosh of mostly European though," Juliette said, contemplating it. "Most people guess I'm American."

"Ah, I know America. Pushy country. They want Japan to open up. I not visit Japan in years, my family, but I read news," Yumiko explained. "Japan strong, Japan will never give in,"

☣ EMᕈRESS SERΔ ☣ (empress-sera) | 178 comments "Good! America is too pushy for their own good!" Juliette said. She always felt like they were mocking Canada too....for still not having complete independence yet.

Yumiko let out a loud laugh at that. "They probably get their way anyway. America is pushy but successful. They still get disease though. They recently recover from cholera. You get cholera in Canada?"

☣ EMᕈRESS SERΔ ☣ (empress-sera) | 178 comments ((Do you have any idea when this roleplay takes place? Because that would influence the answer...))

☣ EMᕈRESS SERΔ ☣ (empress-sera) | 178 comments "Oh yes, we have cholera. It's a horrible thing," Juliette said. "I've seen a lot of people die from it...." She wished they could figure out a cure, but as far as she knew, there wasn't a cure. Of course, she wasn't told anything like, ever so...it was quite possible there was a cure and she just didn't know.

"I see it in England. It is nasty. Lucky my family no get it....not yet," She sat up in her seat and stretched. "Have you had it?"

((There's still no cure, there's been several vaccines developed but none of them are very effective, to the point where health officials recommend that if you're traveling to a cholera-ridden nation to NOT take the vaccine and just take your chances))

☣ EMᕈRESS SERΔ ☣ (empress-sera) | 178 comments Juliette shook her head. "I've never personally had it, no. I am so glad. None of my family has had it either."

"I glad too. It quite nasty, I hear. Though family probably not care if I sicken and die. I embarrassment to them, you see," Yumiko explained.

☣ EMᕈRESS SERΔ ☣ (empress-sera) | 178 comments "That's pretty terrible," Juliettte frowned. "My parents might think I'm an embarrassment but they still would care if something were to happen to me."

"Japan is different. We may be in England, but we still Japanese heart. So, we follow Japan's rules," She shrugged again. "At least here I do whatever and not care about family's rules. They think I proper, when I am not.

☣ EMᕈRESS SERΔ ☣ (empress-sera) | 178 comments "Um...." Juliette scrunched her eyebrows together, not sure she really understood what the girl was trying to say. "You don't have to care about your family rules here, but no one notices?"

((Sorry! Completely forgot about this one!))

((It's fine!))

"I don't care about family's rules. That why I happy to be here. I can do whatever I want," She took her bun out of her black hair and shook it out, then started gently braiding her hair.

message 36: by ☣ EMᕈRESS SERΔ ☣ (last edited Feb 02, 2017 12:57PM) (new)

☣ EMᕈRESS SERΔ ☣ (empress-sera) | 178 comments Juliette smiled. "That's great," she said. "It's the best to be yourself outside of the rules for 'ladies' when you want to. Often, I wear pants and keep my hair down to climb trees and whatnot."

"I no wear pants, and I no climb trees....but I smoke and wear English dresses, and that consider bad in Japan," She explained, still braiding her hair. "English dress bad because they snug and reveal too much, and smoke improper for lady,"

☣ EMᕈRESS SERΔ ☣ (empress-sera) | 178 comments Juliette nodded. "Well, everyone has their own styles of rebellion, I guess," she said. "Personally, I think English dresses can be pretty nice sometimes. Are the...whatever you wear in your country any more comfortable? I don't like being stiff, you see."

message 39: by Elizabeth ♛Smart Girls Love Trashy Books♛ (last edited Feb 02, 2017 01:11PM) (new)

"Kimonos?" She blinked, thinking about it. "They very loose, especially the sleeves My sleeves are the longest and trail on the ground because I am unmarried. But they get dirty or wet a lot, I no like that. The waist can get tight sometimes if no tied properly, and foreigners often trip on the long skirt and geta heels,"

☣ EMᕈRESS SERΔ ☣ (empress-sera) | 178 comments "Hmm...." Juliette considered it. "You know, that sounds like it has just as many downfalls as English dresses. Pants are just so much easier. And I don't mind if it gets dirty so much, since I usually roll up the legs anyway."

"Well they are looser, so that good," She finished braiding her hair and threw it over her shoulder. "I no like pants though. I not very active, so they have no point to me,"

☣ EMᕈRESS SERΔ ☣ (empress-sera) | 178 comments Juliette shrugged. "I'm very active, so they work well for me. Even if I do have to borrow my brother's and they're like, super huge. He's way taller than me, you see. By the way, your hair is nice like that."

"Oh, thank you," Yumiko blinked in surprise. "I no braid hair often, so I think it look bad. But I guess it do not,"

☣ EMᕈRESS SERΔ ☣ (empress-sera) | 178 comments "It might be one of those things that your culture doesn't like," Juliette said, shrugging again. "I like braids. I would do mine more often, but my hair is too short..."

"Some girl in Japan wear braids, but it considered...uh...childish? Is that right word? We wear buns mostly,"

☣ EMᕈRESS SERΔ ☣ (empress-sera) | 178 comments "Childish or....juvenile maybe? Immature?" Juliette suggested, not sure what the most appropriate word was. "Buns are comfortable too. Braided buns are the best."

"I guess," She shrugged. "A braided-bun? That not in Japan. We decorate our buns with other things, like flowers and crowns. The richer you are, the fancier your bun,"

☣ EMᕈRESS SERΔ ☣ (empress-sera) | 178 comments "That sounds really cool. Much better than a lame old tiara," Juliette said. "Maybe I should go to Japan sometime. It sounds stiff, but cool." She smiled, hoping that showing interest in the other girl's country wouldn't be offensive or anything. Of course she wasn't sure how it would be, but different cultures, you know?

"You could, but Japan is closed off. No foreigners...unless you are Dutch, but you are not," Yumiko shrugged. "Maybe we open it up one day and give you our culture, but I no think Americans nor Europeans like Japan things. That why we close it up, they no respect us,"

☣ EMᕈRESS SERΔ ☣ (empress-sera) | 178 comments "Oh, that's not fun..." Juliette frowned. "Do they have anything against Canadians? I mean, we're pretty nice folk if I do say so myself." She smiled sweetly as if it would help her case.

« previous 1 3

Heartfield Academy for Royals,Nobles and Servants

unread topics | mark unread