Kindle Scout discussion

Scout submission - 'Painful Deliverance'

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ann (new)

Ann Pratley (ann_m_pratley) So I am new to using goodreads as a possible way to get any recognition out there in cyber world, and being a quiet and reserved person I do find it difficult to ask for help. However! I thought I might be cheeky and ask for any nomination clicks possible for my book 'Painful Deliverance' which still has 18 days to run:
https://kindlescout.amazon.com/p/2400...

I will keep an eye on this forum and return the favour also!
(am I being far too cheeky in asking this? I am not sure what is acceptable and what is not!)

Anyone needing nominations (or after scout finished, a read and a review) please do contact me through here as I think us 'little writers' certainly can't do any harm by leaning on one another!

message 2: by James (new)

James Paddock (jameswriter) | 52 comments Good luck, Ann. I am out of nominations at the moment, but I'll keep a watch. My book, Driven to Death, went live today on Kindle Scout. It's a new venture, for sure. We'll see how it goes.

My link is here... https://kindlescout.amazon.com/p/3FX8...

message 3: by Ann (new)

Ann Pratley (ann_m_pratley) Thanks James, I have bookmarked your submission and will be clicking to nominate it for you in the last week of your scout process. The book of my own that I currently have going through the system is the third I've put through so for me it is more of a 'nothing to lose so may as well try' kind of process, but because I am such a reserved person I don't tend to put myself right out there, and I do believe from having read blogs of winning scout authors, that the winners are often the people who have the most facebook friends and do the hardest work in marketing themselves. But it is a fun process to go through, that is for sure!

I'll message you again when I've been able to click and nominate you ... I'm not sure if this is your first scout adventure or not but regardless, keep your chin up and don't stress about it because it is the writing that is the fun part anyway!

message 4: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Golden | 127 comments Ann,
I was wondering why you mentioned nominating a book during the last week of the campaign. Is this time more important than the other parts of the campaign?

message 5: by Ann (new)

Ann Pratley (ann_m_pratley) Hi Kathy, no I am finding that with there only being three slots that we can nominate in at any one time, every book that I want to nominate is on a different timeline - some are almost ending, some are in the middle of their process and others are in the beginning. So in order to nominate more than three books, I have to keep shuffling them according to who is next to end the process. I have been 'scouting' for the past few months and have found it nearly impossible to just have three nominations and just let them sit there for the entire month. The problem is that there are far too many books that look too good, so rather than nominate but then un-nominate a book in order to then nominate another one that is near to finishing its scout time, I now tend to nominate in the last week of the books in that I see, and authors I want to support ...

However I have been doing this based on the assumption that nomination clicks are only counted for the duration that they stay clicked, and now I am wondering if I am right in my assessment of that? If I click to nominate someone on day 1 and then have to unclick them on day 5 so I can click someone else who is about to finish so needs the vote 'today', does my original nomination still count for that first person, or do they then end up with one less nomination ..

I think we could have an entire new thread in here about the nomination process - what do you think? Hmmm...

message 6: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Golden | 127 comments Maybe someone who has tracked clicks can share that information. I thought I read that a daily stat account was available to authors. from Kindle Scout.

message 7: by Ann (new)

Ann Pratley (ann_m_pratley) Yes it is available - I can see the number of clicks for people looking at the campaign page, but there is no indication of number of nominations, which is separate... you have prompted me to want to start a new post now - I hope you are okay with that ... I am moving this exact conversation over and let's see what others say about the nomination process...