Heathens, Pagans and Witches discussion

Practical Pagan > How did you become a Wiccan?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Erin the Avid Reader ⚜BFF's with the Cheshire Cat⚜ (onthisgoodearth) | 72 comments I'm just very curious and originally had a long story to tell but found out I wasn't able to post it...so I'll tell it later. I'm just wondering what made other people convert to it...or what made them stay in it. :)

message 2: by Aaron, Moderator (new)

Aaron Carson | 1216 comments Great idea for a thread Erin. There are actually a surprising number of people in our group who don't identify as Wiccan per say, but I'd be curious to hear people's stories, if this thread can draw them out of their shyness. ;)

Erin the Avid Reader ⚜BFF's with the Cheshire Cat⚜ (onthisgoodearth) | 72 comments Hah that's cool! What's funny is I have a matron goddess but still can't figure out my patron god. I sometimes thought it was Lord Shiva../but have been getting some vibes from Thoth as well. Thanks for sharing! It's nice to see a Wiccan on here devoted to Shiva.

Joseph “Millennium Man” (millenniumman) | 70 comments In a nutshell:
Raised Catholic, having lost ALL my faith, I found a book on Wicca and was inspired by it...

message 5: by Tyler (last edited Nov 14, 2016 09:42PM) (new)

Tyler J Gray (wickedjr89) | 5 comments In a truthful nutshell?
Raised Christian, was told that who I am, bisexual, was wrong, the bible just made me angry in so many ways as I read it, this was all as a young teenager, found a book on wicca, read it, was interested, got caught with it and got in trouble (I wasn't even allowed to read Harry Potter or see or read anything with witches, or supernatural etc. in it because "it's the work of the devil"). So when I finally got on my own I looked more into it and fell in love, it just felt like I finally found my place in a way.
I know that my family doesn't speak for all Christians or anything, that's just my family and story

Erin the Avid Reader ⚜BFF's with the Cheshire Cat⚜ (onthisgoodearth) | 72 comments Welcome to out group, Joseph and Stephanie. We are glad that you are here and not have a safe community to talk about your beliefs and share your ideas.

Stephanie, I am so sorry to hear that. That seems to be common among Wiccans and pagans in general. We just gotta stick together and be proud of what we believe in, as well as stand behind it. I am glad you have found our group.

Erin the Avid Reader ⚜BFF's with the Cheshire Cat⚜ (onthisgoodearth) | 72 comments I forgot this was in a bread where I asked how you became Wiccan, so I'm not sure if you've both been here for a while or not. In any case, I am glad you are here and have found a place where you can discuss it. :)