What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA novel - Series of book about a girl who discovers her sister and mom are witches but not her [s]

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anne (last edited Jul 06, 2016 07:37PM) (new)

Anne Baptiste | 9 comments Hi this contains a lot of spoilers, sorry.

I am looking for a book series I read in like 2008 or around that time.

In the first one, she discovers her sister is a witch and so is her mom, and she is not one so she is kinda bitter about it. I think she also is having issue with her dad getting remarried to someone. At some point she makes her sister use magic to change her scooter (I think) into a car but she realizes that it just gave her the car of someone else (that magic can't just create something). She also has a crush on a boy (obviously). She was really good at math.

Eventually, she also discovers she is a witch.

In one of the book of the series (the last one I think), she goes to a camp where her crush is also there and so is her sister and a cousin she never really knew. She's popular at the camp but her cousin is having a hard time. At some point (halfway through the book), her cousin uses magic to make them switch body and kisses the crush. The main girl try to reach out to her sister to tell her the cousin switched body with her but nobody liked the cousin cause she was manipulative so no one believes her (the main girl in the cousin's body). The was going to leave with the main's girl family but they realized it wasn't her when she couldn't solve a math problem (they were calculating the price of parking I think, and when they asked her, the cousin in the main girl's body said she didn't know).

Thank you to whoever can help.

message 2: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 5054 comments Sounds like the "Magic in Manhattan" series by Sarah Mlynowski.
https://www.goodreads.com/series/4058...

If not, do you remember the cover(s)?
Time period/location story takes place?

message 3: by Anne (new)

Anne Baptiste | 9 comments Tab wrote: "Sounds like the "Magic in Manhattan" series by Sarah Mlynowski.
https://www.goodreads.com/series/4058...

If not, do you remember the cover(s)?
Time period/location story takes pl..."

Omg thank you so much, it's that.