Hamilton Fans discussion

Discussion > Hamilton videos on websites

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Fatima (new)

Fatima  Havilliard (heirofashandfire) | 36 comments Mod
I want to know. What do you think about the people who films Hamilton and post the videos on YouTube or other websites. Do you think is right? And why?

Lyd's Archive (7/'15 to 6/'18) (violabelcik) I think it's okay because basically no one can actually see it and the videos online don't decrease the desire to see it live.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

It's okay if they have permission. If they don't have permission, it is technically illegal because it is both piracy and plagiarism. However, these are both two crimes that are well-nigh impossible to enforce. The question we need to ask, what we need to figure out, is how can we keep the videos up, as it is unlikely they would go away, but also ensure that the performers get all the money and credit they could be making from it.

message 4: by Fatima (new)

Fatima  Havilliard (heirofashandfire) | 36 comments Mod
Personally I think it's okay, tbh like a 65% or more of Hamilton fans will never be able to watch the musical or at least, not with the original cast. And at least me, I watch Satisfied and Wait For It and now I want to watch more than before. It's two different things watching it in a screen and living it, hearing it live. Lin always says that is wrong because of the performers and more things I don't remember now. And yeah, it's their job and they can eat because of the selling of tickets, But, Hamilton doesn't have a problem with ticket selling, as I know they're sold out and I believe they'll be still sold out for a long season. Also he said that the musical is filmed with the original cast, but it'll be out in at least 10 years. Why? Wicked also is going to have a movie and the release is in 2019...

message 5: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (hansrox) | 4 comments Oh I watched those videos of satisfied and wait for it. While watching it all I was thinking was how illegal this is XD but I couldn't stop myself! I really want to see the musical so this is the closest I'll ever get (well until the pbs great preformances recording comes out) so I wanted to watch it before someone takes it down. Plus I was really curious as to how satisfied was staged. I loved the directing for that song! But yes whoever did this shouldn't have because I think it's just rude and disrespectful that they are video taping it while they are performing.