Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

The Last Mortal Bond (Chronicle of the Unhewn Throne, #3)
This topic is about The Last Mortal Bond
Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > The Last Mortal Bond

Comments Showing 1-50 of 86 (86 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Angela, I'm Silverfox lost (new) - rated it 4 stars

Angela | 3587 comments Mod
Reading in September. Looking forward to discussing with those of us reading The Last Mortal Band.

message 2: by Dan (new) - added it

Dan (danstri) | 93 comments I'll be one of us reading it in September so I'm looking forward to it as well.

message 3: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 4 stars

Scott  Hitchcock (lostinthewarrenofchaos) | 8082 comments Mod
In.

Emma | 12 comments In!

message 5: by Angela, I'm Silverfox lost (new) - rated it 4 stars

I've requested from the library. I seem to have terrible luck this year with books being available. Too many other readers know about these great books I seem to want to read.

message 6: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new)

Jenna Kathleen (jennakathleen) | 4615 comments Mod
Angela wrote: "I've requested from the library. I seem to have terrible luck this year with books being available. Too many other readers know about these great books I seem to want to read."

Maybe someone in the group also goes to your library!

message 7: by Angela, I'm Silverfox lost (new) - rated it 4 stars

Haha true. It's a conspiracy.

Lundos | 392 comments In.

message 9: by Angela, I'm Silverfox lost (new) - rated it 4 stars

Just found out Brian Staveley's next book is about Pyrre Skullsworn. I really enjoy Pyrre as a character, so will be interesting to read her book. At this stage it is showing as a standalone.

Solseit | 1460 comments I need to hurry to read the second book! I just need to dive it - but need to finish the current read - yes, I know, I am an infinite source of non-added value posts. I have to work on that.
In essence, I will be in!

message 11: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 4 stars

I'm going to start this today but won't comment until the first. Only because it's 29 hours of audio and I'm much slower with this format. I'll be pushing to get it done by the end of the month especially since I won't be commuting until the 6th.

message 12: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 4 stars

Through chapter 9

(view spoiler)

Lundos | 392 comments I'm extremely busy at work, so I've not read a book since July. Hopefully I can get into this one.
Does anyone know a place I can get a good recap of the last two?

Lundos | 392 comments Thanks!

message 16: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 4 stars

Through 13

(view spoiler)

message 17: by Angela, I'm Silverfox lost (last edited Sep 06, 2016 02:51PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

I'm starting this book next. I hope there are more Gwenna POVs.

message 18: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 4 stars

I'm 40% done and in the late twenties for chapters. Gwenna is part of the regular chapter rotation in this book.

(view spoiler)

message 19: by Angela, I'm Silverfox lost (new) - rated it 4 stars

That's great to hear. Thanks Scott.

Jody  | 28 comments I'm at 25% and really enjoying it. These characters have developed well since book 1.

message 21: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jody wrote: "I'm at 25% and really enjoying it. These characters have developed well since book 1."

Agreed. Even/Finally Adare in this book.

I know Skullsworn is next up with the story of Pyrre but I would love a prequel series of Nera and the Ishien!!!! I can't enough of her creative cursing. Also a book on the Flee and his wing would be really cool. For all of their awesomeness there hasn't been a lot of Ketrel action.

Jody  | 28 comments Nera cracks me up! She is one of my favorites.

A prequel series would be awesome. There are a lot of great characters in this trilogy that could definitely have their own book or series. More Ketrel action for sure!!!

Jody  | 28 comments Scott wrote: "Jody wrote: "I'm at 25% and really enjoying it. These characters have developed well since book 1."

Agreed. Even/Finally Adare in this book.

I know Skullsworn is next up with the story of Pyrre ..."

I checked out "ask the author", and Brian states he has signed on with Tor to write 4 more books. Skullsworn I'm guessing is the first of those 4.

message 24: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jody wrote: "I checked out "ask the author", and Brian states he has signed on with Tor to write 4 more books. Skullsworn I'm guessing is the first of those 4. ."

I wonder if all four are from this world. He's better off staying with the Asian theme. I think his style fits it. If he tried to write a series more like Shadow Campaigns I don't think it would translate well.

Jody  | 28 comments Scott wrote: "Jody wrote: "I checked out "ask the author", and Brian states he has signed on with Tor to write 4 more books. Skullsworn I'm guessing is the first of those 4. ."

I wonder if all four are from thi..."

I haven't read Shadow Campaigns yet, but I know what you mean. His style does fit the Asian culture well.

message 26: by Angela, I'm Silverfox lost (new) - rated it 4 stars

I've read the first four chapters. Nera is hilarious. She doesn't mess around with telling Adare what she really thinks.

Jody  | 28 comments Angela wrote: "I've read the first four chapters. Nera is hilarious. She doesn't mess around with telling Adare what she really thinks."

No she doesn't! She has a creative way of cursing too. It would probably make a sailor blush.

message 28: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (last edited Sep 10, 2016 04:51AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Through 28..........what a mind fuck twist that I didn't see coming.

Edit don't read this until after 35. I screwed my chapters up.
(view spoiler)

Jody  | 28 comments I'm just starting 23. I had the feeling something crazy is about to happen. Can't wait!!!

Solseit | 1460 comments I am in pain! I am waiting on the book to be delivered (yes, I thought about reading it in ebook but I wanted also the paper feeling on this book...).
I cannot wait to return with the Malkeenian (if it is spelled properly!) and I am glad you guys are having pretty excited comments!

message 31: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 4 stars

I feel for you Aristea. It's funny but a lot of the reviews I had read made it seem like this book took a major step back after book two was such an improvement from book one. I think this has been on par to this point. It just needs that epic ending.

Jody  | 28 comments Personally! This is the best book in the trilogy by my standards. There is so much going on I am on the edge of my seat most of the time.

message 33: by Angela, I'm Silverfox lost (new) - rated it 4 stars

Just started on chapter 12 (view spoiler)

message 34: by Angela, I'm Silverfox lost (last edited Sep 13, 2016 02:34PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

I feel so far this isn't as action packed as book #2.

Up to chapter 16 (view spoiler)

message 35: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 4 stars

There wasn't as much action at the start but I still enjoyed it a lot. There is a lot of action later on.

message 36: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 4 stars

through chapter 54.........such a stupid small thing but I was so happy I picked up on it.

(view spoiler)

Jody  | 28 comments Trying to get some extra reading in today. I have been overloaded with work the past few days. Currently on chapter 41.

message 38: by Angela, I'm Silverfox lost (new) - rated it 4 stars

Through to chapter 24 (view spoiler)

message 39: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 4 stars

Angela wrote: "Through to chapter 24"

(view spoiler)

You're liking the story more now?

message 40: by Angela, I'm Silverfox lost (new) - rated it 4 stars

Scott I've only been reading the spoiler tabs as I get there. I wanted to keep reading last night, but forced myself to stop. I can't handle very late nights anymore. Haha I had to join the herbal tea brigade a couple of years ago as now if I drink tea or coffee after 5pm I seem to have trouble sleeping. I am liking the story more. (view spoiler)

message 41: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 4 stars

Angela wrote: "Scott I've only been reading the spoiler tabs as I get there. ."

Yes that's what I do as well.

(view spoiler)

message 42: by Angela, I'm Silverfox lost (last edited Sep 15, 2016 03:19PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Scott wrote: "Angela wrote: "Scott I've only been reading the spoiler tabs as I get there. ."

Yes that's what I do as well. "

(view spoiler)

Jody  | 28 comments On chapter 54. Less than 100 pages remaining. I am pleased with the way the story has played out so far. Everything seems to be falling into place for the finally. We just need that epic ending with me sitting here with my mouth on the floor thinking WTF just happened.

message 44: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 4 stars

I'm done. Excellent conclusion to the series. I think this was as good as Providence of fire.

(view spoiler)

Jody  | 28 comments I am right behind you Scott. Hope to be finished tonight.

message 46: by Angela, I'm Silverfox lost (new) - rated it 4 stars

Up to chapter 44 (view spoiler)

Lundos | 392 comments I'm only at chapter 15, but so far it's been good getting back into the world.
From the comments here I have something to look forward to.

message 48: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 4 stars

Angela wrote: "Up to chapter 44 [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

message 49: by Angela, I'm Silverfox lost (last edited Sep 19, 2016 02:05PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Scott that would have been awesome.

message 50: by Jody (last edited Sep 19, 2016 01:53PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jody  | 28 comments Scott wrote: "Angela wrote: "Up to chapter 44 [spoilers removed]"

"

« previous 1