Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Ratings problem

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michael (new)

Michael Grenetz | 16 comments When you click on the ratings detail link at The Memory of Us: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2..., you can see that it has -5 two stars and the bar makes it appear to be as prominent as the 5 stars. Can that be fixed?

Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂  | 5762 comments Interesting but Librarians are volunteers. We can't fix what appears to be a bug of some kind. Could you please report in the Feedback group or email support AT goodreads DOT com :)

message 3: by Georgeana (new)

Georgeana | 771 comments I refreshed the stats and that seems to have helped. If not, you will need to do as Carol says.

message 4: by Michael (new)

Michael Grenetz | 16 comments The refresh worked! I wasn't sure if it was a bug or not, but I appreciate you giving the system a kick. If it's ever more than that, I'll be sure to contact the feedback group. Your volunteering is very appreciated!

Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂  | 5762 comments & Georgeana (or other experienced Librarian) how do I refresh the ratings? :)

message 6: by Georgeana (last edited Jul 06, 2016 02:05PM) (new)

Georgeana | 771 comments On the right side of the book edit page, underneath the cover image, there is a link that says "Refresh book ratings stats". Let me know if that makes sense. :)

ETA: It looks like the ratings have reverted back, so maybe you will need to post in the Feedback group.

message 7: by Krazykiwi (last edited Jul 06, 2016 02:06PM) (new)

Krazykiwi | 1767 comments Fwiw, that is one of the symptoms of editions not all having the same primary author although it sometimes happens otherwise too.

When you see ratings like that (or higher than 5, I once saw a book with an average rating of 6.2 :), it's usually worth a quick check through the all editions page with info expanded to see if you can spot the problem.

(ETA: I know that's not the case here, just an additional tip.)

message 8: by Georgeana (new)

Georgeana | 771 comments Thanks for the tip, Krazykiwi! I'll be sure to keep that in mind whenever I come across this problem again. :)

Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂  | 5762 comments Georgeana wrote: "On the right side of the book edit page, underneath the cover image, there is a link that says "Refresh book ratings stats". Let me know if that makes sense. :)

ETA: It looks like the ratings have..."

Thanks - I swear I've never noticed that before!