Reader's Paradise discussion

Genre > Feminism

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Annette, The Manager (new)

Annette mathews (annettesara) | 1178 comments Mod
Feminism is the advocacy of women's rights on the grounds of political, social, and economic equality to men.

What do you think about Feminism !? Have you read any books on Feminism !!? Let us discuss all about Feminism in this thread !! Put in your thoughts guys

message 2: by Manasa (new)

Manasa (msp4320) kkk

message 3: by Sundara (new)

Sundara Gandhi (bookaholictalks) | 553 comments I am currently looking forward to start books on feminism..sadly,I've read only two/three books on feminism for school. Do you have any suggestions as to where I can start with?

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I am reading Mahashweta by Sudha Murthi. Its not exactly about feminism, but its quite nice. This is a story of a beautiful girl whose marriage falls apart when she was diagnosed with leukoderma (white patches on skin). This is a story of her strength and how she overcomes all the obstacles and finds her own happiness alone after abandoned by family and society.
I havent read much either. Few Marathi books on this subject.

message 5: by Annette, The Manager (new)

I haven't read much either in this Genre !! I have read The Color Purple as a part of Group read in Our Shared Shelf.

I don't know where i stand !! I mean , i am against Gender discrimination.
But i don't think i am a hardcore Feminist !!

Are you a feminist !?

message 6: by Pranjali (new)

Pranjali | 767 comments I am not sure which books of my read shelf would fall under this genre. there are some books which have touched the topic but none I could remember are solely of this genre.

I too am not hardcore feminist. Feminism for me equality of genders (including LGBT).

@ Aarti- Sudha Murty is on my TBR, heard lot of praises about her book. tell me how was this one once you finish.

message 7: by Sundara (new)

Sundara Gandhi (bookaholictalks) | 553 comments Same here. I haven't read a book entirely covering this topic. But here and there in between the pages, I've felt this pride glowing within me.

And Aarti,I'll check out the book you recommended.

If you ppl are looking forward to find more books to read on feminism...do check out videos posted by "A Clockwork Reader" in YouTube.
She loves books on feminism.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I haven't actually read any books about it, but I once discussed it in my history class, and surprisingly I feel like there are not a lot of people who know what feminism actually means. I'm might be wrong and guessing at this. I am sort of confused as to why people are not supporting feminism when its supporting gender equality. Is it the media or am I not understanding what feminism actually is? According to my history teacher, feminism is the support for women's rights and equality ever since women started to fight for the right to vote so what has changed in terms of what feminism means?

message 9: by Annette, The Manager (new)

Ye-Jin wrote: "I haven't actually read any books about it, but I once discussed it in my history class, and surprisingly I feel like there are not a lot of people who know what feminism actually means. I'm might ..."

Now Feminism has become a trend !! Every female is a feminist . I am not sure whether everyone knows the real meaning of that Word !
I support Gender Equality but feminism is much more than that ! I dont' think i fall under this Category though :(

message 10: by Annette, The Manager (new)

Sundara wrote: "Same here. I haven't read a book entirely covering this topic. But here and there in between the pages, I've felt this pride glowing within me.

And Aarti,I'll check out the book you recommended.

..."

Thanks for the book tube suggestion. I love booktubes :)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Color Purple (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Sudha Murty (other topics)