Crimson Secret (Coin Forest #4) Crimson Secret question

Historical Romances with a unique setting
Janet Lane Janet Jul 06, 2016 09:02AM
I'm enjoying all the discussions about various H/h's, types of romances, and stories. My July 15 release, Crimson Secret, is set on a living bridge. These bridges, also known as resident or inhabited bridges, were built from medieval times to the eighteenth century, and could be found in England, France, Italy and other European countries. The most famous include Old London Bridge, Ponte Vecchio in Florence, and Venice's Ponte di Rialto.
These living bridges supported structures from chapels and toll houses to residential and commercial structures. During my research for Crimson Secret, I discovered these bridges, and they kindled my imagination.
Have you read a historical romance set on a living bridge? Or in a unique setting?

Dawn (last edited Jul 29, 2016 07:52AM ) Jul 29, 2016 07:30AM   0 votes
Fantastic discussion topic. Two books come immediately to my mind. The first of course is Tolkein's Lord of the Rings series.. although it's fantasy the world building is incredible. But I don't think this is what you were going for.. LOL

The other, which is more historical would be George RR Martin's Fevre Dream which takes place in New Orleans in the 1800's (I think, maybe earlier). Anyway, the bulk of the story revolves about steamboats on the Mississippi. Martin does a beautiful job in describing the steamboats as well as giving the reader a full feel of the time period. Highly recommended.

Oh and I really liked Pamela Morsi's "Marrying Stone" series which take place in the Ozarks (Historical).